It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Education and financial standing is only one of the factors of good parenting, not even so important beyond some minimal treshold.

So going by your comment, parents who can't afford kids should'nt have them?

Yes, parents who cant afford kids should not have privilege to procreate. The criterion should be quite minimalistic, for example not being on welfare. 90 % of population would have no problem qualifying.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

and women do the same thing via adoption, abortion, etc. one is socially frrowned upon (when men do it) while the other is acceptable (women). either way you cut it both are being irresponsible, one is just socially acceptable. Nice try though.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by mayertuck

You want equality of the sexes?

Try paying women the exact pay as her male counterpart in the same job and let's stamp out sexual harrassment in the work place....perhaps in another 100 years?

really I would like to see your sources on this "pay gap". There are many factors leading to this "pay gap" the majority of which is not based on being a woman or a man but on lifestyle CHOICES. In addition, you say equal pay for equal work. I would like to ask do you support the practice of gender norming? In case you do not know what that is it is a practice that many jobs that require hard physical labor to do where females are given a lower standard to meet than their male counterparts. Like firefighting training, etc. If you support it then how is that equal pay for equal work? if you strip sex out of it and just go with person 1 and person 2. If person 1 does less work to qualify for a job and on the job gets to do less work on the job and to qualify for the jobthan person 2. how is that equal pay for equal work.

here is another example. here is quote from an article praising wimbledon's decision to make pay (prizes) more equal. Here is the source sports.espn.go.com...

"Phillips had cited that men play best-of-five set matches, while the women play best of three. Also, some women can potentially make more money overall because they also play doubles, while the top men usually play only singles."

Now how can person 1 who plays (work) only 3 sets make the same as person 2 who plays (works) 5 sets? Is that equal pay for equal work? I think not.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

So you think sexual deviants should be able to have kids? How about child molesters, how many kids can they have? Don't forget the homeless, how many homeless children are ok with you?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Don't worry, once Sex Robots become widespread and affordable, men won't have to live a life of celibacy out of fear of being falsely accused of rape or being forced to father a child they never planned to have. When that day comes, the unjust sense of power women currently enjoy in regard to this issue will all but evaporate. This is an inevitable outcome with the current social and legal systems in place that grossly favour women and absolve them of any responsibility in these matters.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by joechip

If the Family Courts believe it is about the rights of the child then why do they play a double standard of allowing one parent to deny access to the other?

It seems the Family Courts have a very selective and elastic concept of what the rights of the child are and apply it differently from one case to another.

First they must establish genuine equal access rights for both parents and only then address whether men can opt out...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

The whole point of the Marriage Certificate is to give the State OWNERSHIP of your Mutual Property, Assets, and children.

The Family Courts are Revenue Agents for the City, and State.... they exist to take money from those that have it.

This is why Family courts Decide *FOR* women in the majority of cases... because the "Child Support revenue Stream" flows the Strongest, from the Fathers Finances.

They take a Cut, you know..... They have INTEREST in seeing families Split up.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

How 'bout we limit reproduction so that issues such as abortion and men turning down fatherhood in cases like this become non-existent.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kirill
So you think sexual deviants should be able to have kids? How about child molesters, how many kids can they have? Don't forget the homeless, how many homeless children are ok with you?

If, by ''sexual deviants'', you mean convicted child molesters and rapists, then I think they should be locked up for the rest of their natural lives.

Not out of vindictiveness, but because you can never be sure whether they will be truly rehabilitated, and the chance that they may attack innocent people after being deemed to be rehabilitated, is too great a risk to take.

Therefore, sterilisation is not needed.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
If, by ''sexual deviants'', you mean convicted child molesters and rapists, then I think they should be locked up for the rest of their natural lives.

Not out of vindictiveness, but because you can never be sure whether they will be truly rehabilitated, and the chance that they may attack innocent people after being deemed to be rehabilitated, is too great a risk to take.

Therefore, sterilisation is not needed.

Absolutely not needed as they should receive the death penalty. Sexual crimes against children should be dealt with as harshly as possible.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Feminists are not doing themselves too many favours in this thread. When you continually use phrases like "strong women" and "weak men", you are kind of suggesting that the average women isn't strong and the average man isn't weak. So what does this imply?

edit on 15/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: typo

I touched on this point on another thread.

When a woman describes herself as ''strong'' and/or ''independent'' - notice how they always define themselves as that. Nothing like objective analysis.
- then the inference is that those attributes are in doubt.

Imagine a man describing himself as ''strong'' and ''independent'' ?

He'd be laughed out of town as a weakling with an inferiority complex.

Yet, some women think it's ok to boast about supposed attributes that should be a given for anybody ?

The worst one yet, is when women describe something as being ''empowering'', which clearly infers that their normal disposition is not powerful, or at least, lacking.

Most men would find such a term as ''empowering'' to be humiliating and weak, yet some women lap it up, and wallow in their apparent weakness.

edit on 18-10-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Absolutely not needed as they should receive the death penalty. Sexual crimes against children should be dealt with as harshly as possible.

LOL.

I fear we're straying off topic, but what if an innocent person is convicted and executed ?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Hope there is DNA evidence to clear his/her name. Death penalty should apply when there is irrefutable proof that the perp did the crime.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
We are steering way off topic, here, so I'll just finish off my comment regarding this issue by replying to this point:

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Death penalty should apply when there is irrefutable proof that the perp did the crime.

There is no such thing as ''irrefutable proof'' in court cases.

There's ''beyond reasonable doubt'', but that is far from the same thing.

Someone is either ''guilty'' or ''not guilty''. There is no legal differential that applies to someone's level of guilt or innocence.

If you want to further this discussion, then I suggest another thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Don't worry, once Sex Robots become widespread and affordable, men won't have to live a life of celibacy out of fear of being falsely accused of rape or being forced to father a child they never planned to have. When that day comes, the unjust sense of power women currently enjoy in regard to this issue will all but evaporate. This is an inevitable outcome with the current social and legal systems in place that grossly favour women and absolve them of any responsibility in these matters.

Preach Brother Preach! Tell the "Good Word" far and wide! Sex Robots for all Males!! Then women will finally have their "equal" everything because men won't give two S#!%$ (i.e. treat them differently) about what's between their legs (men will be able to buy/rent something technologically superior). Equality Yeah! Sex Robots! Yeah!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm glad I'm gay and having sex doesn't mean I'm signing a contract that states that I -- this thing with a penis -- am more responsible for the repercussions of the incident than this thing with a vagina has. And that this thing with a vagina has every right to choose what to do about this repercussion if it happens, and I do not, hmm... maybe someone should propose a solution to this problem, hopefully it isn't instantly demonized by the false label of Men's Rights being mysoginistic
. Actually, before the trial, we had better unzip their pants and see what is down there so we know how to handle this situation. What has sex become? The American Military? Straight sex is TOO COMPLICATED.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A real man takes cares of his mistakes and responsibilities.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27th Aquarius
A real man takes cares of his mistakes and responsibilities.

What do real women do? What privileges are they granted over men in these situations? Are they also frowned upon? Does this control our laws?
edit on 19-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

A wise man once sed ...." f beechez git money" lol peace

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobuko

Well so long as they don`t program the robots with the ability to say "I`m taking the dog and going home to the Mother Board"

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join