It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
To whomever said that the man always consider the wallet, not seeing a lot of love for the children (may not be exact and I am too lazy to quote).

Well, if you haven't realised it yet, the unfortunate "truth" of the western world is...

MONEY IS LIFE

If you don't believe that, give away all of your money and try to live.

My children live far better lives than my neighbours, why?

Money.

My wife gets to stay at home with said children (her choice), why?

Money.

My family needs are satisfied, why?

Money.

I really do wish that our world did not operate this way, I really do.

I would love to spend more time at home with my family as opposed to work.

I would love to be a stay at home dad and watch my children grow.

But, reality dictates otherwise. And, if I want the best for my children, which is MY RESPONSIBILITY, I will work as long as I need to to provide the life (MONEY) that is required.

edit on 21-9-2010 by peck420 because: Font 5 was bigger than expected lol.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I sincerly you are not directing this towards me.

In case you are I suggest you do your homework before you start judging people you know nothing about.

Secondly, who are you to tell someone what their motivations are? Are you that person. I am looking at men's rights. I would like to see your "proof" that the posters on here are not looking out for men? .

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yea I did put words in your mouth. I freely admit it. That is the only rebuttal that is ever given for shared parenting. Ever. Look it up.

As for it being a straw man, if that is not the reason why is shared parenting not a reality. Why do gender feminist run shelters and woman;s advocacy groups" instruct divorcing women to file restraining orders and allege abuse?
What if no other reason than they (the gender feminists) believe that children are the property of the mothers, and fathers should just be sperm donors. Once again do some homework.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Hmm interesting stat there care to source it? Otherwise you just pulled it out of thin air.

You know its pathetic how funny you are. That is exactly what men get when they ask for it. They just never do. WOW. Thats why men have bankrupted themselves to be a part of their children's life. But I guess to you that is all just fantasy too.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Hmmm yea you know what you are absolutely right I do not see my children as people. Thats why I am there for my children. Thats why I would go without food while I was struggling. Thats why I am raising another man's biological son as my own. You got me sooo figured out. You are actually amazing they should pay you to do this.

And even more so with your tired rant about it being a person, you still support a mother's ability to not be responsible to said child. Hypocrite much?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Aww herer we go again And I would have absolutely no problem with it if the same was done for women who walk away from responsibility. Since this doesn't happen its wrong and hypocritical, which you seem to have down pat. Point Blank.

Same point with your question as to asking why do it. Which has been answered by me and others on this board numerous times. Do you think if you repeat the same drivel enough times you will brainwash us to your way of thinking. Don't think so. Perhaps if you were honest about yourself and your motivations you would have more respect on this board and people would take you more seriously. Since that hasn't happened since I have been a part of this discussion I have really no hope you ever will. But I guess you can surprise me.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Sorry it took so long to reply. But I have meaning to since I first read this.You have been through alot and from what I can tell have made good decisions for your self. Instead of whining about how bad you had it and using that as an excuse for bad behavior. Kudos. I am glad you found your adoptive parents and that ehir love was able to help guide you through what must of been a hard journey.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

So now my points are drivel?

I guess you are the only one allowed to repeat yourself (example, your sob story), nearly every toher post I might add. I just figured in the spirit of gender equality I should have the same right to repeat my "drivel" as you do your hey look at me I am a man who has custody and a deadbeat ex story.

At least my "drivel" is in general comments towards the subject of the debate and not direct personal attacks on members.

edit on 21-9-2010 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

LOL you actually bring up gender equality.
That is why your points are drivel. If you are a hypocrite then I am sorry you get no respect and until you actually post something that contributes in a positive manner then perhaps I and other members will take you more seriously.

A good start as I said before is to acknowledge your hypocritical stance. You whine about gender equality, while at the same time making light of the gender equality that you currently enjoy.

And you are allowed to post your drivel as many times as you like. Just do not be surprised if no one takes you seriously and its all one big joke or no one answers. Grab yourself a clue will you. Every other post really are you even reading this board at all?

Also do I really need to post how many personal attacks on members you make? Please "woman up" and quit trying to play the victim. I freely give credit where it is due, even for people who have a different opinion than mine. Just like I did with heff this morning. As it stands in my opinion have contributed nothing to the discussion except the "moral superiority of women" and how guys should just be happy with the VERY limited reproductive rights we are given.

edit on 21-9-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

i dont take much credit for it as im pretty screwed up still i can barely go out of my home some times and get anxiety from my bi polar disorder that makes 4 people seem like 4 million to me the real credit for me being as normal as i am goes to my adoptive parents who BOLTH wanted to raise me enough that they spent 30 grand just to get me like i said b4 i hit the adoption lottery i think the most important thing for a child is to have any number of parents who WANT to be there not ones that are forced by the state or there wife/husband if the mom dosent wanna deal with the kid let her not deal with it if the man dosent wanna deal with the child let them not and give the kid to some one or some people(meaning two) who will care for that child more then anything in the world if that makes any sense(had kinda a bad day so im not entirely functional now)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

They have the right to keep their pants zipped if they can't step up to the plate.

I see. So in other words, women are exempt from needing to engage in sexual responsibility? Perhaps I am misunderstanding your statement; in which case, I would appreciate some clarification.

Read the thread and you will find that this is discussed.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Yea it makes perfect sense. I know what you mean about being messed up, still dealing with issues with the ex myself so I can relate fully. Anyways hope things get better as the night goes on for ya. I for one appreciate your input and search for an answer that probably will be hard to come up with.

Also I know it hard but you gotta give yourself some credit. YOU made the decisions that brought you to where you are your parents just supported you and guided you. I feel like kind of a hypocrite saying that, just because I have a hard time accepting when someone tells me I am a good dad or they admire me for doing what I did. Neverless I know it is something we have to accept eventually if we ever want to truly heal.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

i think the biggest problem is people are angry and unwilling to compermise on bolth points granted some do from bolth sides but then some just keep spewing there hate back and forth it almost reminds me of the Israeli Palestinian issue(realy dont think this will help things but its the best example i can think of) example women are mad that they were treated unfairly in the past and men are upset at what they think of as a shift from there dominace to women dominance when what we should be looking for is an EQUAL soloution

kinda like how Israel thinks it owns the land its on where the palestinians say they own it and nothing gets fixed because everyone is dwelling in the past and not actualy trying to solve the problem just make sure that there "side" dosent loose does this make sense?

and for the love of god or whatever you belive in or dont please dont let this turn into an anti zionist anti palestinaian issue i just used it as it was the best example i could think of

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Extremly well put. Illustrates the pendulum metaphor been talking about to a T.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Still talking about women, and not talking about the child.

Run little man run. If you mouth off long enough while running maybe a few people will believe you.

No matter how much you try to drag out the women-are-victimizing-my-poor-wallet and men-have-it-so-hard and women-are-evil, the fact still remains.

You want to abandon your children and hide behind women's skirts while doing it. While blaming the skirt for victiminizing you, the uterus for oppressing you, and the vagina for seducing your poor incapable brain.

No real men define their "rights" as a "right" to abandon their children. You can try and spice it up all you like.

Low down dirty scoundrel with the word "right" in his mouth is still a low down dirty scoundrel.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Exactly as I said before I want to abandon my kids
you could not be more wrong. But hey your more than welcome to keep that point of view. And it is still hypocritical and sexist to say that about men while excusing it in women. Plain and simple you don;t like it too bad. To be honest I can care less what kind of person you think I am. I know what kind of dad and person I am and I certainly don;t hold the opinion of someone who has their head so far down in the sand they can;t tell what is up try and convince me otherwise.

Do yourself a favor like I said before. Read the discussion, read a viewpoint other than your one misguided biased one. Actually research the issue before you attempt to stuff your idealogy down peoples throats. I have not once said women are bad, and if you want to keep spewing that nonsense I will correct you everytime. I will also correct any attempt by you to muddy the waters with false information..

I know the importance of children and will continue to stand by my decision. As I said before, when you likewise condemn women for doing the same thing you then you have a right to talk. Attempting to condemn men only is nothing but hypocritical and sexist. Now if you want to continue being hypocritical and sexist by all means knock yourself out. Just do not be surprised if you are not taken seriously and get no respect here.

BTW still waiting on your answer to my question and your source for the number of dads seeking custody..

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Why would you honestly think that anyone would listen to the opinion of someone who cannot admit that they are wrong.

Did you write This

Men don't WANT to control their fertility.

Did You Write This?

Answer the Question, for once in your life, stand by what you believe in, and DEFEND IT YOURSELF.

Did you Write That?

-Edrick

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Look.... We already KNOW that you wrote it.

Because We can All Check HERE:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You actually think that Men don't wan't to control their Fertility....

You actually Believe this. and It is Quite Sad, and Very Wrong.

The word Condom discredits your "Belief"

The word Vasectomy DESTROYS your belief.

You are WRONG.

We can PLAINLY OBSERVE THIS.

You Absolutely Refuse to acknowledge this.

You are having a Problem with your EGO being between *YOU* and *TRUTH*

You are PROJECTING this failing onto any man that QUESTIONS the "Divine Supremacy of Women."

Why should I believe that YOU are Equal to ME, when I can acknowledge Reality, and You cannot.

Did You Write:

Men don't WANT to control their fertility.

Did You Write This?

-Edrick

edit on 21-9-2010 by Edrick because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2010 by Edrick because: Coding Error

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

When a mother denies the right of access to the father of her children, in most cases, is well justified however in saying that, each case differs just as each case that goes before the family court is unique and no 2 cases are the same.

I am fully aware there are some mothers who deny access of the children to the father out of spite, but you'll find these are the main core reasons why many fathers don't see their kids: fathers simply not even showing up to pick up their kids during allocated access times (probably big night out, wooing new girlfriend?), there are many more fathers under supervised visits and other cases where father wants to see his kids only when it suits him (but has plenty of free time to ring and constantly abuse the ex wife), there are other cases where the mother and her kids have moved to be closer to her family for extra support and/or for soci-economic reasons - better chance of employment elsewhere? Ex wife re-marries and moves where new husband has a stable job.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Sources please first off.

Secondly: When a mother denies the right of access to the father of her children, in most cases, is well justified however in saying that, each case differs just as each case that goes before the family court is unique and no 2 cases are the same. Yet women are awarded custody the majority of the times. I know times are changing and they are. But as a whole mothers still get custody more than men.

Seriously custodial mothers are more likely to abuse the children than the men.

Here is your source with links to the hard data.
mkg4583.wordpress.com...

And while each case is different they are handled the same for the most part. All a woman has to do is claim abuse of her or the child and the man has to prove his innocence. Often times bankrupting himself in the process. Are there dads that are do the core reasons, you betcha. But I bet if you did some research you would see that isn't the case. If I am wrong. Please show me your sources.

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join