It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

You were lecturing me as though I was busily screwing around without regard for the consequences. I was pointing out that's hardly likely in my case.

Ok just wanted to see some things, based on your past posts in this thread...No I did not say you personally was screwing around, why would you think that?

They were just as much his kids as mine. You calling them my kids says a lot about your position here.

No it says nothing about my position here why would you think that? I just said your kids...because you said he wanted nothing to do with his kids....there by making them your kids, and him just a shadow in the background.

Who cares what stereotype I may or may not fit? Should I deny mens' rights or childrens' needs just because I've fought for womens' rights? Btw, I've fought for mens' rights too when I discovered there were local men needing rape counselling and the council rape counselling clinic was not open to them. We need to do more standing up for each other instead of to each other.

So your saying this is a personal thing not a collective feminist thing...for you at least.

There is no male abortion issue...there is a female abortion issue...and a male and female relations issue.

Tell that to the people in this thread arguing to legalise what they term "male abortion." That's what this whole thread is about.

Ok hey peoples on this thread...listen up.....There is no male abortion issue...there is a female abortion issue...and a male and female relations issue.

I don't have any fascination with babies. I just don't want to kill one after it's begun growing. You've never had a baby growing inside so of course you're not going to understand, unless you develop empathy with someone in that situation.

I have empathy with someone in that situation....It just is not infinite empathy. And I still don't see this fascination with baby's that women have.

Many things are possible, this would be on the bottom of the list of things possible... I know how to explain it to you, so you would understand, but its a waste of time, and does not matter....All in all you said it yourself, your a grandmother, you were raised in a different time and world....Things change every day.

Basic arithmetic hasn't changed That much

Yes exactly its elementary, as long as you don't stick your head in the sand. and just do some arithmetic...Its pretty obvious to me...and I really don't like math.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by joechip

yeah the tiger case is an prime example of how women can ditcate things in a divorce granted cheating didnt help his situation but to let her control who his and her children are around is insane plus she got the house and an undisclosed amount of cash and a book deal(ok not as relevant or evil but it adds cash) and im not sure so this needs further research but i think hes prohibited from talking about it or making a similar deal him self but i may be wrong and would welcome anyone correcting me here to learn and i U2Ued you the "compermise" i think its fair some dont seem to think so alot are silent but its there for ya to read it

Let's be real on the Tiger Woods divorce settlement.

For one thing - - he bought her silence. Seems to me both parents focused on what was best for the children.

I know that's shocking - - - that its NOT about him or her.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

economictimes.indiatimes.com...(this link seems to be the later one)

yep this one seems to say he bought her silence i had read it wrong and thought that SHE was gonna do the book deal evidently 750mill does keep her quiet but then theres this link

www.bvonmoney.com... which says she can do a book deal and is asking for more money then tiger woods even possesses thus makeing him play golf for a few more years as the article put it(this one was earlyer then the other one)

can any one figure out wich one is accurate?

edit on 20-9-2010 by KilrathiLG because: to correct my stupidity

ps check out some of the angry horrible comments at the bottom of the second link

edit on 20-9-2010 by KilrathiLG because: add info about comments

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If a woman does not want a pregnancy she probably has thought about it and decided she can always take the morning after pill or abort. That is thinking about it and that is responsible and that is her exercising the same reprodcuctive rights as a man has.

What the hell are you talking about....if you were a man you would have none of those choices/options...What are you saying that since "females exercise the same reproductive rights as a man" they should have a morning after pill for males...and also have the option to abort, if so he chose...You are not making sense....please make sense. You also are not a very good feminist.... I thought feminists were against..male abortion.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I agree with Kailassa.

Because she is not talking "black & white on paper".

She is coming from real life experience. She knows what she is talking about.

At 64 years - - - I know all about women being blamed for everything. If a man beat you up - - it was your fault. If you didn't protect your children from an abusive husband - - it was your fault. If you got divorced and your credit/cards were in your husbands name - - you had nothing - - no financial history. You couldn't even buy a car (if you had the money). You were literally Nothing - - because you were a woman.

Do I have great empathy and give my full support to men who fight to be a father? Hell Yeah!!!!

Do I tear up every time I see a man in public - - - truly being a loving daddy? Hell Yeah!!!!

Do I wish that every man who gets a woman pregnant and makes his wishes known - - - gets the opportunity to have that child? Hell Yeah!!!!

But Men - - - you have a long way to go to - - - before many of us women believe you are sincere.

Instead of attacking us women - - - why don't you go after all the deadbeat dads - - - that give ALL men a bad name.

All you single loving dads. Get together and demand laws that make DNA Paternity mandatory. Now that is REAL serious stuff.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
"Once your sperm Enters *MY* body... it is no longer YOUR property... It now Belongs to ME.

But I still want you to pay for it."

Yeah.... Because feminists do not see MEN as People.

Ok.... this is going to be complicated, But I think we can pull this off.

During Menstruation, when the Uterus sheds it's lining... the Egg that was released from the fallopian tubes leaves the body, unfertilized.

Now.... these usually leave in the Urine Stream.... and into the Toilet, and is then Flushed.

If we could somehow construct a complicated Human Egg catching device behind the water trap... we could theoretically TAKE the "Discarded" Egg, and it then becomes OUR Egg.

(Or we could Grab Pads and Tampons out of the trashcan)

If we then used complex laboratory equipment to fertilize that egg, and incubate it in another woman (Yes, people *women* actually sell 9 months of their Uterus for barren couples to have a child... so it WILL work)

Then, we could send the woman a Bill for the total cost of raising HER child.

Because it DOES have HALF of her DNA...

There... I think that about sums it up.

-Edrick

edit on 20-9-2010 by Edrick because: addition

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Seriously - - - you are targeting the wrong gender. No matter what your experience has been.

You need to go after the dead beat dads.

It is the dead beat dads - - - that hamper men who really want to be devoted dads.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

sigh more distrust like thats gonna solve anything and black and white and on paper? what else are laws writen on? last time i checked it atleast ended up on paper at some point i just dont get why you seem to think theres no compermise you use the same arguement the people you dont like use well there shady women or there dastardly men its the same argument every where in every race religion and creed has some one or some people who ruin it for the rest of them and there peoples genders races etc

why is it so hard to meet in the middle and try to atleast even TALK about compermise for every bad mom theres a bad dad out there dosnet make any one wronger then the next person and what makes one persons story more vaild we have heard bolth touching and moveing stories from bolth genders why is one more vaid then the other its insanity and just constantly going in circles for the whole thread theres the people who spout hatred and nonsense and then the same dang argument men are pigs,then it goes to women are shady then eventualy after about 20 pages on average some one comes up with a compermise and then low and behold it all starts back up we dont trust men! we dont trust women! and back and over and over again why dont we atleast try to find some kind of compermise that suits bolth situation i understand theres alot of emotion on the subject but try to look at it ONLY as a constituional issue and how the CONSTITUTION sees it we have seen one bill defeated but that wasent what has been proposed so how would our consitution see this?

looks up sighs and shakes his head..........

edit on 20-9-2010 by KilrathiLG because: i looked up
facepalm for humanity

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Again - - - it is your own gender that is stalling progress.

If any man is truly serious about this - - - he will go after the deadbeat dads.

Man will demand that Man take responsibility. Man will support and initiate laws that demand Paternity DNA testing for every child.

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
if the mother has the right to decline motherhood by giving the child in adoption, aborting child or just renting her body to some artist out there that wants to pay for a baby...then why the father don't have the same right to say no to fatherhood?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

yes its my entire genders fault everything is unequal i wouldnt know anything about what you call dead beat dad ive never seen even a picture of my father does that make me mad no im just glad i was raised by parents WHO Together wanted me and werent forced to love me or pay for me if they didn't want to when your ready to have a rational converstaion as to a compermise ill be here until then

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

There are definitely good men/fathers. But in my 64 years experience - - - the "stand-up" dudes are few and far between.
reply to post by Annee

I can see from this and other statements that you value your "experience" over the principles of freedom and equality, or the processes of reason. That is certainly your prerogative, and I'm not even going to attempt to convince you that it's an invalid approach to decision making. At 64, you've probably decided what works for you. Instead, I'm going to try your approach with you, and see if that has better results. In other words, I'm going to relate my personal experience and hopefully you can begin to understand that "stand-up" chicks may seem just as rare in another person's world as "stand-up" dudes appear to be in yours. And that if I can view the women on this thread, and elsewhere with respect and examine their ideas, free from bias, and embracing their freedom and equality, the same may be true for you. If you try.
My mother left me at my grandparents when I was 1 1/2 to go to a New Years Eve party, and didn't come back. For almost a year. According to my grandparents, she met a guy and went to California to become an acidhead. Weee! When she finally came back, they had already gained custody of me and that was that. They raised me and never got a cent of child support or help of any kind from her. I sometimes got Birthday and Christmas presents, but often did not. Not even a card some years. Now your may think at 1 1/2, I was too young to remember her or be impacted emotionally by her abandonment, but you'd be very wrong. Now she's about your age, so perhaps you can relate to the position she was in, a husband in jail, up-tight in-laws that she could have chosen to live with, but hey, this was the 60's and you know that didn't seem like a viable option. I wish she'd abandoned me a year or so earlier, so my attachment wouldn't have been as strong, but you know, I support her right to fail at parenting, and wouldn't want her forced to be anyone but her own person. And if that means not being a parent, so be it. I understand now that she just was just a confused kid and a part of a generation that were embracing unheard of freedoms, without fully understanding the possible costs. Do I forgive her? Yes, I do. That doesn't mean I will feel compelled to visit her in a nursing home or even attend her funeral; you reap what you sow, you know? But you would think, wouldn't you, that my own experience would have made me an unlikely candidate for my stance of personal liberty as the most important factor to determine what is "right" in this issue?
It comes down to understanding that I couldn't have forced her to be a parent, nobody could have. What would be gained by trying? I have a deep respect for the principles of freedom, which aren't just "black and white, on paper" for me but which I understand, personally, can have effects on others. I feel like my love of liberty is a very tough love, but it goes deeper than any "experience." It weathers them all, and remains a principled stance, something I'm not ashamed to say that I am proud of.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
ill try this one more time lets discuss the constitutionality of the issue not peoples opinions does any one else have any compromises to offer up to us or just more yelling and name calling? lets all come up with ideas we think could be used for a compromise

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Seriously - - - you are targeting the wrong gender. No matter what your experience has been.

You need to go after the dead beat dads.

It is the dead beat dads - - - that hamper men who really want to be devoted dads.

*ABORTIONS!*

Dead Beat Mothers.... Killing the not yet born.

-Edrick (Because it's not a "Person" until it's convenient for You. Is It?)

edit on 21-9-2010 by Edrick because: error correction

edit on 21-9-2010 by Edrick because: Is It?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Annee

yes its my entire genders fault everything is unequal i wouldnt know anything about what you call dead beat dad ive never seen even a picture of my father does that make me mad no im just glad i was raised by parents WHO Together wanted me and werent forced to love me or pay for me if they didn't want to when your ready to have a rational converstaion as to a compermise ill be here until then

Wake Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get rid of your damn ego and WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

I've read the compromise you sent via u2u. I endorse every bit of it. I suggest you reformat it for easy perusal and resubmit it into the thread. It's reasonable, fair, and based on sound principles.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by joechip

NO - - - you do not get it.

Dead Beat Dads - - - are the curse of DAD'S - - - that want to be taken seriously.

It is not about the female gender.

Go after what the real cause is.

link   
reply to post by joechip

Dead Beat Dads - - - are the curse of DAD'S - - - that want to be taken seriously.

link   
reply to post by joechip

link   
reply to post by joechip

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join