It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Because just as in safe haven he would be signing, or relinquishing a child to a willing person (the woman who wants it) to take care of it.

Now while it isn't assumed that a man isn't involved, how many men have done it? Fathers I know would love to raise their child. I know I would of.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

And then what if it comes to pass. Do you think this is going to go away? Do you honestly think that a law can not be changed? Or judges? Even now more men are being found to be the best parent to have custody. Years ago that is unheard of. So yea things are going to change as they continue to do. Its only a matter of time.

How long did it take to get the women the right to vote? Or any other of "feminisms goals" yup 40 some odd years and counting. Still not completed yet are ya? So yup gonna take some time.

You know I am surprised I havent been labeled a misogynist yet lol.

edit on 20-9-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Aww but it would she accepts he doesn't want to be a father. And chooses to take full responsibility.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
You speak about the safe haven law, which is hardly relevant because only a very few girls in very desperate circumstances use it.

Between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Wednesday, three fathers walked into two hospitals in Omaha and abandoned their children. One left nine siblings, ages 1 to 17.

What about when a father uses it?

If a father chooses to opt out, this can never constitute a legal transference of responsibilities because the mother has not made a previous agreement to accept full responsibility.

Source

Maybe she should...

You make all sorts of claims without providing any evidence and then demand that I have proof when I disagree with you... That's not fair either, is it?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks BH I stand corrected about fathers taking advantage of safe haven laws.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
WOW, you know what this ALL comes down to? Responsibility.

I made it to page 16 and I could not read any further.

First MY stance so you can understand where I come from.

Spiritual, believe killing an embryo is murder. That being said, I would never force my beliefs on others.

NOW, for the HYPOCRITE HotBakedTater on pages 1-16.

You kept bringing up emotional responses, PERIOD.
On one hand you say that women have the right to scrape out the parasite, were you attempting to goad people into despising you? Didn't happen to me, I just despise your beliefs, you maybe forgiven.

Anyway, a mother can give up her child for adoption, abort or raise the child.

Now, the father's choice, accept the abortion or raise the child. THIS is the law. Of course people will say that they do not have to raise it, they only have to pay. WRONG. They are not given the choice. The mother is given the child, 99% of the time. So the father does not have the choice.

I find the beliefs exposed here to be abhorrent in the absolute ignorance of the double standard she is backing.

I find this all quite enlightening.

The only one I saw that actually backed her convictions and used logic here was BH.

Those that do not agree with abortion can and have stated the double standard exists. They can admit it. So why do the people argue there is not one?

I feel it is because they are afraid that they have been wrong all along and so do the others with this cognitive dissonance rattling around in their head. They know they are wrong and they get emotional because of that very cognitive dissonance.

That is all.

edit on 20-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: edit to remove my emotional response

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Tater I have a question for you.

Since you posted this:
"Simply unbelievable the lengths men will go to deny their own BLOOD. Obviously men advocating this law are scum who want nothing to do with their own blood baby if the condom breaks, knowing the result of sex could be baby.

To condemn a child to a life of fatherlessness, just because some scum wants a one night stand and then run off to the next, is the bottom line of this type of nonsense.

Men already have a say, their say comes in deciding if they want to put their penis (and all the responsibility that comes with it) in a vagina. Theiur choice comes in their decision, if they choose to place their penis in a vagina, they are choosing ALL KNOWN OUTCOMES (failed birth control is but one of the outcomes).

Cowardly scum support this bill.

Think about this, this is supported by men who could not care any less about a flesh and blood of theirs walking the streets.

What kind of sickos are those people??"

Now that you read about what I do for my kids? Am I a sicko for supporting this? Or am I scum who wants nothing to do with my kids? How about the others on here that support their kids or even BH?

Of course you do not have to answer, and if you don't feel that way I promise to not say you flip flopped. I am curious.

And yes now I am using my story to attempt to prove a point.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Please cite the hypocritical points to which you refer.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

I am not discussing personal stories this is the internet, where we are all anonymous and for all I know every word in this thread by all posters are bald faced lies for purposes of discussion only and entertainment. Since I have no way to verify a personal story why should I comment on them.

In general, a man who walks away from his responsibility IS a cowardly scum.

Does this apply to you personally? I do not know nor do I care, it is irrelevant to the conversation.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You are being hypocritical because you do not see the facts before your eyes.

The first 16 pages proved that you will not listen to reason. Why would I even bother attempting to debate you?

The mother of a child is allowed to have the child, abort, or give up for adoption, without any input from the man.

The father of a child is forced to pay for the child if the mother wants him to.

Period, end of discussion.

Now go on screaming your emotional rhetoric some more. It will not change the FACTS of the case.

edit on 20-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: forgot an I

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
WOW, you know what this ALL comes down to? Responsibility.

You know I hate agreeing with you no matter what name you use, but I must agree here. If there was a way to speak to all men, with a huge bullhorn, I would say,

"Men! Beware! Don't have sex with women unless you are ready, willing and able to support any decision she may make, because you have NO reproductive rights once you give her your sperm. NONE! Don't believe anything she tells you and don't take anything for granted. Protect yourselves!"

It seems self-evident, but I didn't realize just how bad it was until reading this and other threads here...It seems obvious, but I feel I was naive about some of the ideas women have. I'm dumbfounded. I admit it. At my age, you'd think I would know women, being one myself, but I don't. I admit it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ok for the sake of argument is it true, You made a statement that perhaps you did not mean. You said anyone that supports this bill. Please do not cop out. If you made a mistake then please be woman enough to admit it. As for relevancy to this thread it is you saw fit to put it in the thread, I am calling you on it. Even if you feel that I am scum still I can take it. I promise I wont be offended.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What scares the abortion rights advocates is if this ever gets going, they will ACTUALLY SEE the hypocrisy of it all. Calling men deadbeat dads if they do not want to pay, but yet those women that KILL their children are only enforcing their man given right for murder.

That is why this will never go forward. It destroys the ability of those advancing the murder agenda.

Since you wanted to get emotional, so shall I.

I think abortion is MURDER.

Do you condone murder?

Do not bother replying, I just unsubscribed.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

If you in general support this bill, which means the ability to walk away from your obligation then yes you in general are scum in my opinion. Cowardly scum.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

BH, I will get you to see the supposed "dark" side yet.

Hey, just last week I spent time doing something for people I do not even know. That is what it is about. Not forced charity, but real charity.

Be good, I am keeping an eye on you.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

And perhaps the saddest thing here is that it breeds misogyny, when perhaps before there was none. Truly sad.

And of course I know there are some men that were that way before any of this. All it probably does to them is strengthen their resolve.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Be good, I am keeping an eye on you.

Too many people have their eye on me!

Signed,
Cowardly Scum

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Thank you. Now was that so hard? I am willing to bet cold hard cash (or even a turkey sandwich or nothing at all) that those that read the story would have different opinion. As well as my wife and children. Funny though just because I am not in agreement with you.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

i dont even know why im doing this no one responds any ways but i take great offence at you saying

(their fathers.
I'm against women being pushed into having abortions.) how can we force you to make a CHOICE or FORCE you we cant hold you down shove a vacume up holy places and suck the child out if we want a doctor cant compell you to have an abortion a court can not compell you to have an abortion no matter what its YOUR choice YOU decided to so drop all this men force us crap some in some counties might but i havent heard of one woman who was phyiscly held down and forced by the court or medical or even a father to have a forced abortion so drop it its allready been established that its a choice so how is it our fault if YOU are weak and cave to out side pressure and do something you dont wanna do feel free to show me some sources where women in THIS country have been FORCED against there own FREE will to have an abortion and then ill listen to the "women being forced" issue

it seems u feel violated by THINKING you will be forced to do somethign where as men ARE forced by the state to pay for something they may or may not have wanted kinda puts things in a new light

do i think dads should get carteblanche to just bail on there kids no! but there are options hell im adopted so im proof adoption can make you have a better life hell my mom tried to chemicly abort me with meth and crack and heroine WHILE i was being born she wasent charged all she did was loose me to my current parents then shoot her self in the face when i found her with a private investigator when i was 18 as for the dad mom was 16 dad was 33 lets let that part sink in woman and man bolth werent thinking and they had sex and i was produced i was given up for adoption and im suprisingly functional for whats happined to me do i hate women for what happined to me no do i hate all bum fathers who just leave no i would rather be raised by a parent that WANTS to be there for me not one that doesnt or feels forced

and for the record i think Beniviolent heritic said it best ill try to find the exact quote but for now ill improvise she baiscly said put a time limit on it and if i think it was 4 weeks or months time a guy knotifys the woman of his intentions to not pay for a child he did not want and Surrenders all parental rights then and there and that solves it then the woman is free to have an abortion if she chooses or give it up for adoption or she can CHOOSE to raise it on her own
i probaly didnt phrase it as eloquently as she did but go reread HER posts and you will see a FEMINIST whos also willing to compermise and see bolth sides

thus ends my rant if you dont like how i spell or formatthings by all means dont read this

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Now the follow up. So what if your son's support this are they too cowardly scum?

And if you do not have sons I am sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join