It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Then perhaps you should of said tissues. The way you came across was only through sex. Plain and simple go read it again.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

To be fair he probably means the gender feminist movement. Sometimes even I forget to differentiate between them. As I said in previous posts, there are some feminists that truly want equality i.e. ifeminists. Sadly from what I can see are in the majority.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by mayertuck

True. Feminists don't really know what they want, do they? They want to be on equal footing with a man without the responsibilities men face? Kind of like the current topic in reverse, huh?
I know exactly what THIS feminist wants.

I want all females to be able to live a life free of oppression. Unfortunately, most of female oppression comes from men.

It has nothing to do with some mythical same footing or equality with a man. I do not like what I see from a patriarchal society in regards to oppression of women. We live in an oppressive patriarchal society at the moment. Thus I have a vested interest to myself as a femal and my fellow and future femmes to ensure we are not oppressed. At the moment, all I have is my voice. I use it often and I use it loudly.

When we revert back to matriarchal (as others have stated the poles always reverse), we shall see if we are still having these types of discussions.

Wow are you wrong we dont live in a patriarchal society, it just might seem that way to you because we live in a three class system, bottom, middle, and top class, and there are males and females in each of those classes...So when you look at the top, which you associate with ruling... you look for the males on top of the pyramid, because being female and human, you wish you were there.
... Brittan has a queen last I heard, and had a matriarchal society for some time...Though I'f you asked the females living there I dont think it's all cheese and crackers and no worries for them. If you want to see what kind of society is closer to what a patriarchal society looks like, go to the middle east, and dress a little trashy...see what the men and law say about it there....... Ohh poor you miss hotbakedtater, so opressed by us evil men.
.... And next were coming for your right to sleep around at the expense of men. Yup we are evil, we want to take your right of doing whatever you do away..... As soon as we figure out what women do that is, beside have babies and complain often about having babies. Oh yes pure evil we are indeed.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

And you "rebuttal" was rebutted by no less than two posters with nothing else from you on their rebuttals. Never the less there is a double standard you do not want to accept. As well as numerous flip flops on your part.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

How is abortion not walking away.

Was there something created that could of had a future? Yes

Would that have created at least 18 years of support and responsibility? Yes

Is that "blob of cells" there or ever going to be in existance again? Nope

Does the person that got the abortion have that 18 years of responsibility and support? Nope

Yea no walking away here.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I want to compliement you on your wonderful posts, and your other current thread related to male female issues, I notice you attract those challenged by your posts, and do so well at expressing yourself, and with great wisdom.
Thanks, great job. Just thought I'd say that while you're getting swamped a bit. I'd find it too overwhelming myself, so this says alot about your stamina, courage and intellect.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Really holy crap that an opt out is when a woman thinks the pregnancy test is wrong. Seriously. Last time I checked I checked if the pregnancy test is wrong and she isn't pregnant there isn't a child created so it was a moot issue. How can some one opt out (choose to be or not be pregnant) in that scenario?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And I can get behind that.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimelab

yet these men's activits are trying to gain control over their lives and times to say they are ready for offspring.

Yet there is no compromise available..

Who really is trying to control whom?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And I have brought it up before. Why it gets brought up is essentially the same argument is used to support this particular issue when it helps the cause. And then it should just be ignored when it doesn't. I in no way agree that women should have the choice to do certain things if they can do it great. And I hope you do not think that I feel this way just because of my wallet.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

Knew this was going to come up eventually. Well Here we go. Patriarchy, ok lets have it where is this male controlling women coming from? Is it the courts? laws? jobs? exactly where? Yea 40 some odd years ago I could give you this one. Today no effing way.

We all ready live on the verge of a matriarchial society. Look around you, look at the issue in itself. Is that not oppressive. Look at child custody, look at domestic violence, look at the level of money spent researching women's only health care vs. men, look at women's studies in colleges, look at the number of females vs. males receving and even enrolling in college, the list goes on and on.. Seriously pull your head out and look around for once please.
Patriarchal vs matriarchal societies are summed up (broadly)by war (patriarchal) and spirituality (matriarchal).

We are not on the verge of matriarchal society.

May I suggest you pull your head and take your own advice.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am sorry to hear that and think that you will do a great job raising this one also. I know its sucks. Sometimes that is just life though.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Exactly you do not know. And because of your blind closed minded idealogy you would rather play by the rules instead of working to find a solution so that people can be equal. I wonder why that is?

Oh wait I already know. Because they favor you at the moment. Had they not favor you, then I bet you would be all over looking and working for a solution. Instead of playing by the rules. Typical gender feminist hypocracy.
Why would I work for a "solution" when I see no problem?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

And please tell me you know this for a fact. Or are you just jumping to conclusion to try and support your position?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Then perhaps you should of said tissues. The way you came across was only through sex. Plain and simple go read it again.

Perhaps I shall keep saying exactly what I mean and you can keep trying to imply I am flip flopping all over the thread. Is it my fault your mind defaulted to sex?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25
reply to post by Edrick

Rights are legal, social, or ethical principles of freedom or entitlement

Womens rights....are something you will never know anything about, because you are not a women. Jealous much?

That is not what rights are...rights are concepts by which we try to live so as to not kill eachother on a daily basis, rights are in many ways compromises... social, legalities, or ethical principles, are not entitlements...There is no entitlement to living, no rights in life....The only sure thing is.. we have is the right to live, because we were born...and we have the right to die, because we were born.... but nothing in life is a guarantee, as can be seen by the fact that there exists, such a thing as dead babies.... What right did they have to be alive, tell me that?... But I agree women should have the right to get more then they deserve, but not the guarantee to that.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

According to the Op and this entire thread, it is the men doing the complaining about having babies.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25
reply to post by mayertuck

Abortion is a personal choice, and its a hard choice to make. Its not as easy as most people think! Its bad enough people look down on it already! And if its SOOOOOO bad and horrible, then why add just another excuse for women to do it? Such as "The father declining his financial responisiblity"....or an other words being just lazy!

And I get that I truly do. But it is a choice that she makes. her and her alone. Why add a nother excuse for a woman to do it. Perhaps because a man HAS NO CONTROL OVER WHAT SHE DOES.

All of your argumnets with the exception of causing more abortions have been rebutted.

I want everyone to be responsible for their actions male and female. Since I know my wants are not realistic or even whats best for men or women, I want the second best thing for there to be equality with both sides being able to walk away.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

And you "rebuttal" was rebutted by no less than two posters with nothing else from you on their rebuttals. Never the less there is a double standard you do not want to accept. As well as numerous flip flops on your part.

Still waiting the cites on my flip flops. That would include both statements, each flop, please. When the smae points are brought up again and again it is almost redundant to keep reiterating and if someone wants to keep going over previous ground, do not blame me for ignoring someone's redundant question when they themselves cannot bother to read what I have already posted. I even gave specific instructions TWICE how to read all my posts (or anyones) in a thread continuously, so as to quit misrepresenting what I have said.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Exacly and you said you agreed with it. In which it says the right of an INDIVIDUAL or family to choose how many offspring, timing etc. In direct contradiction to your stance that only a woman should be able to choose. If the WHO meant only women it would of said women.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join