It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Well, since I can't point out the website without giving you my location (and trust me, I'd be too easy to find then since there is only ONE female mechanic in my region) ... you'll either have to take my word for it or think I'm lying. I don't care which. What I've stated regarding what my sons were taught is truth. I will give you my state though. I'm in Maryland.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If the father is abdicating his financial or physical duty to his child, why should she NOT whine about it?

Abortion IS one of the financial choices a woman has for taking responsibility for an unplanned pregnancy.

edit on 18-9-2010 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Aww yes forgot to comment on this thread. What do past injustices have on today's world? Men and women of those times BOTH worked hard at the things they did. The only way to survive was to cooperate. Plain and simple.

If you have proof that says differently please do share.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

no on the contrary I do not think you are narrow minded at all, quite the opposite. I agree they should be held responsible for that choice also. Sadly the law says the victim gets to be victimized again by the legal system.

I merely asked it to show hypocrital, flawed logic.

But thank you for answering.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Abortion IS one of the financial choices a woman has for taking responsibility for an unplanned pregnancy.

Let's dissect this statement now... I believe that it will be enlightening.

"Abortion IS one of (implying one of many)the financial choices a woman has for taking responsibility for an unplanned pregnancy."

Exccellent.

You not only stated that Abortion was a Womans Choice... and that a woman has MULTIPLE choices for dealing with an "Oops, I'm Having a Baby" situation.

But you also implied that it was UNPLANNED.... meaning that she was *MAN ENOUGH* to spread her legs... and have Sex...

But she CHOSE to "Wuss Out" on the consequences of her actions.

Now, on the flip side... The moment a Man sticks his Penis inside a woman, his life belongs to Her.

Because he HAS NO CHOICES IN THE MATTER.

-Edrick

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

Sigh.

One cannot flip if one has not flopped yet.

I was accused of flip flopping, that implies said flop has already flipped.

Please show me where I flip flopped on anything I have stated.

I am not flip flopping by refusing to answer a question that has nothing to do with any of my previous statements regarding the topic at hand.

If you want me to pontificate upon other subjects, start a new thread and I shall try my best to do so.

Until then, I await my two statements in which I flip flopped, and will address them as soon as I know what they are.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You know I gotta go with the Article on this one.
I do think men should have the option to opt out of child support if he did not want to have the child.
Of course by doing so he would give up any parental rights he may otherwise have by paying his child support. Nothing pisses me off more than knowing my ex wife has not paid her child support (of which she was only ordered to pay 90 bucks a month too begin with) for over a year and yet still gets too claim a say in my sons life. Although she decided too leave and did not want custody of our, at the time 5 year old son.
Of course if abortion were illegal then I of course this option would go away as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You say they have nothing to do with the subject at hand. Care to ask the community whether it is relevant? In addition, You want to talk about not talking with issues but ones based on "choices". Your words not mine. My questions deal with choices. In addition you bring into the thread pioneer women, and historically who works harder or responded to a post saying women didnt work hard in the past. Sorry that has nothing at all to do with life in today's worlds. So there you are again another flip flop, in additon another hypocritcal moment.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck
I have never said all women are crap I completly agree that there should be a middle ground, and I hope my posts, are completely illustrating that concept.

It just seems to me that both sides are harping on each other...

Pro-choice people say that a woman should NEVER be forced to reproduce. She shouldn't be forced to carry, bear and care for a child that she doesn't want. I completely agree. But I also say that NO ONE should be forced to be a parent. As long as abortion is available, no man or woman should be forced into parenthood (and that includes the financial burden - which is HUGE).

We harp on about a woman's reproductive choice, but when it comes to the man, he alone is held responsible for stopping it before it begins by making a choice for abstinence. Where is the woman's responsibility for abstinence?

There are many women who simply don't want children! And they have sex anyway, many times without protection. And they aren't labeled as "deadbeat moms" or irresponsible for choosing to abdicate their responsibility AFTER they get pregnant. But a man who simply doesn't want a child? His only recourse is to not have sex. Of course, the woman has that option, too! But we don't hold her responsible for it because she's got the option of abortion after the fact of pregnancy. How fair is that? How equal is that???

Women who are reading this: Do you want equal rights or not???

And why is no one answering my posts?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by mayertuck
I have never said all women are crap I completly agree that there should be a middle ground, and I hope my posts, are completely illustrating that concept.

Pro-choice people say that a woman should NEVER be forced to reproduce. She shouldn't be forced to carry, bear and care for a child that she doesn't want. I completely agree. But I also say that NO ONE should be forced to be a parent. As long as abortion is available, no man or woman should be forced into parenthood (and that includes the financial burden - which is HUGE).

We harp on about a woman's reproductive choice, but when it comes to the man, he alone is held responsible for stopping it before it begins by making a choice for abstinence. Where is the woman's responsibility for abstinence?

There are many women who simply don't want children! And they have sex anyway, many times without protection. And they aren't labeled as "deadbeat moms" or irresponsible for choosing to abdicate their responsibility AFTER they get pregnant. But a man who simply doesn't want a child? His only recourse is to not have sex. Of course, the woman has that option, too! But we don't hold her responsible for it because she's got the option of abortion after the fact of pregnancy. How fair is that? How equal is that???

Well I happen to be in agreement with you. LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

That is why men should be more selective in their
sex partners,same goes for women!
Unfortunately,most men lets their penis do the thinking
and they get in trouble,over and over again.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I am pro choice only because I have to be BH and because I can see both sides of the argument. I am not haroing on anyone. I am trying to get an open honest dialog where both sides can work thought the issue to come to a solution. Nothing more.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I'll answer to your post, I totally agree!! Responsibility should lay equal on both parties involved. As I said, it takes 2 for a result in pregnancy and therefore should be 2 involved to take responsibility without the elimination of an unborn and voiceless child.

edit on 18-9-2010 by OceanStone because: I had to fix the italic print...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

That is why men should be more selective in their
sex partners,same goes for women!
Unfortunately,most men lets their penis do the thinking
and they get in trouble,over and over again.

Yeah... I'm of the mind that this is related to the "Why are all men Jerks" phenomenon.

Because women let their Reproductive Organs think for them too, and it gets them into trouble.

But, every time... there stands a MAN, who is willing (Or forced by the State) to take responsibility (and the consequences) for these womans choices.

-Edrick

edit on 18-9-2010 by Edrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

If the father is abdicating his financial or physical duty to his child, why should she NOT whine about it?

He's not abdicating his duty to a child. He's abdicating his responsibility to a fetus. Just exactly as she is doing if she gets an abortion.

And so should it be for the man. A male abortion would be a financial choice a man has for taking responsibility for an unplanned pregnancy. By saying, BEFORE THE FETUS becomes a CHILD, BEFORE it is VIABLE, "I am unable or unwilling to support bringing it into this world" he is responsibly letting the woman know that she is going to have to make HER choice based on what SHE can provide for the child.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Exactly....But as is often is the case when someone blindly follows an idealogy or their feeling simple truths are often left to the wayside.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

And that leaves which rights for men? Oh that's right, just one: the right not to have sex. I guess because the woman has to spend 9 months pregnant it means she should have 100% power to decide whether a child gets brought into the world and whether the father will need to pay 18 years of child support.

No the man retains 100 percent power to decide whether HIS child ge s brought into the world and whether he has to pay for 18 years of dependent due to 18 second of delights.

A man's reproductive rights:

Abstinence
Prophylactics
Vasectomy
Sex with wife
Sex with strangers
Unprotected sex
Prostitute sex
Older women who cannot get pregnant

Lots of rights there besides abstinence.

But here is the Official Definition of Reproductive Rights, it is not Female or Male, it is just...Reproductive Rights, set forth by World Health Organization.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Reproductive Rights are legal rights and freedoms relating to reproduction and reproductive health.[1] The World Health Organisation defines reproductive rights as follows:

Reproductive rights rest on the recognition of the basic right of all couples and individuals to decide freely and responsibly the number, spacing and timing of their children and to have the information and means to do so, and the right to attain the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health. They also include the right of all to make decisions concerning reproduction free of discrimination, coercion and violence.[2]" (from above link)

Unless a man is coerced violently, the child he is wishing to not have was conceived freely utilizing the reproductive Rights he is entitled to under Law.

There is not one post here on this thread that has convinced me that any scenerio (bar illegal scenerios) infringes upon a male's Reproductive Rights as defined by WHO.

My reproductive rights are exactly the same as a males.

Abortion?

That falls under Reproductive CHOICE, and ones choices are always subjective to the person. In this case biology dictates different reproductive choices. Females do not have the choice of vasectomy. They do have the choice to have their tubes tied.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Yes but the question remains, should a man have to Pay for his sperm deposits, when he knowingly deposits them inside a baby making factory, if the deposit produces dividends?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Punisher75

I've got an idea. How about if we divide the country into two sections. Women and gays get everything west of the Mississippi... and men and lesbians get everything east of the Mississippi. If anybody crosses the borderline without a visa... they get shot. Agreed???

edit on 18/9/2010 by Hedera Helix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join