It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by Hefficide

But you are setting different standards for taking responsibility. Women can have sex freely with any guy they like as often as they like. Men, however, despite being biologically more inclined to have sex have to abstain from it because the woman might fall pregnant. It is lose-lose for men unless their desires match that of the woman they have impregnated.

I think this paints an unrealistic picture of female sexuality. Don't you?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Which the man's share just so happens to be man up and be responsible whether you like it or not correct?

To which I once again reply then how come a female gets to escape responsibility legally and socially?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A real man deals with his responsibility and the consequences of his actions!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

But you are setting different standards for taking responsibility. Women can have sex freely with any guy they like as often as they like. Men, however, despite being biologically more inclined to have sex have to abstain from it because the woman might fall pregnant. It is lose-lose for men unless their desires match that of the woman they have impregnated.

I think this paints an unrealistic picture of female sexuality. Don't you?

No this isnt unrealistic at all. Perehaps in the past that would be the case but these days defintely not.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27th Aquarius
A real man deals with his responsibility and the consequences of his actions!

So then what about a "real woman"

Notice I did not disagree with your posting, merely asked a question on something people do not want to talk about.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

As previously stated children are taught at a very young age in the country the ramifications of sex. They know it can lead to pregnancy and std's. If one chooses to lie down one takes the responsibility upon themselves for those ramifications.
If one creates a child one is responsible for said child until the child comes of age. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Which country is that?
In the U.S. responsible people fight tooth and nail to get any sort of sex ed into schools. For the most part schools only teach abstinence and "faith based" sex ed.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I imagine there are some girls/women who would go to such lengths to become pregnant but quite honestly I've never met one. I can't imagine that they are as numerous as you imply either.

It really should come down to knowing the person you're sleeping with. If you don't care who you sleep with or how (this is for both men and women) then you should be responsible for the consequences (both men and women).

Again I'll state that a father has as much right to his child as the mother does. While I don't feel a man should be able to force a woman to have an abortion I do feel that a man should be able to force the woman to carry his child if he wants it and she doesn't. Adoption should require both parents to agree. No woman should be allowed to give a child up for adoption without the consent of the father.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

Which the man's share just so happens to be man up and be responsible whether you like it or not correct?

Yes. The man has to "man-up" and take his share of the financial responsibility. And that is a bare minimum. Optimally he would also be a participatory parent.

To which I once again reply then how come a female gets to escape responsibility legally and socially?

How does being the mother of a child allow a woman legal or social escape?

No, the gander and goose both take a back seat to the chick.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
ya know....we could probably all agree on these points....

men and women shouldn't be having sex without thinking about the consequences....such as a baby........but they do!!
if they can't abstain from sex, and don'[t want to deal with that consequence....well, they should at least use birthcontrol................but they don't, or their method fails....
and....abortion should only be used when the women's health and well being is seriously at risk.........and a few other unusual circumstances..........but...it's used alot more!!!
and....men and women should discusss and come to an agreement when sticky issues like this come up!!......but then, one night pickups at the bar leave little time for such communication, and people seem to find they can't come to agreement about much of anything!!!!

if you want my opinion, we allow abortion in this country because ALL these shoulds just aren't! we give the women the option because she is the one who pays the highest price usually if she choses to keep them baby and raise it herself.....and anyone who seriously suggests forcing her to do otherwise in a legal manner would be blasted by most of us!
child support is enforced because well.....having starving hungry children roaming the streets just isn't accepted anymore in such advanced nations such as ours....so, well, obviously the child is gonna be fed, even if dad is a jerk who doesn't give a darn and mom is as lazy and slow a molasses on a hot sunny day! which means, the state takes over when mom and dad fails..which leads to alot of expense being passed to the taxpayer!
and since we agree that that isn't the best option available...yes, dad pays child support, even if he was "tricked" into making her pregnant.......
there's alot of things that should be in this world.....
they aren't,
it's the way it's always has been, the way it is, and the way it will always be probably....
well, if you don't like it....don't know what to tell ya....
the best advice I can give ya is to not play the game...
don't have the sex, unless you have a women who you really dig enough to face all these options and disagreements and be willing to compromise and work out the disagreements with!

but, the state of the us economy and the fury of the people over it kind of tells me that this guy don't stand a chance in the world of getting out of at least giving a small amount for the support of his child!

edit on 18-9-2010 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Oh really? My son is 31 and had sex ed in school. They taught things that should have been reserved for my husband and I to teach. They taught alternative sex as well. The school keeps a bowl full of condoms in the hallway on a table. The health nurse has the right to take girls from school for contraceptives without notifying the parents. I don't see them teaching abstinence. I don't see them teaching "self gratification". I see them trying to teach safe sex. This is in a school of 500 kids from grade six to twelve. A very small public school.

Each night after sex ed my husband and I would sit down with the boys and discuss the day's lessons and give our view on the subject matter.

What country do you live in?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Yes. The man has to "man-up" and take his share of the financial responsibility. And that is a bare minimum. Optimally he would also be a participatory parent.

No, the gander and goose both take a back seat to the chick.

So the female should also woman up right?

How does being the mother of a child allow a woman legal or social escape?

Except when the chick is aborted, adopted, etc right?

Abortion, Adoption, etc asked and answered numerous times.

Seems like in the scenario the only one required to take a back seat is the man (based off of difference in biology), and the rights of the chick are subject to the whims of the goose.

edit on 18-9-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

Once again....

In the instance of abortion, adoption, etc. then there is no disparity because the man is no longer responsible to pay child support.

These concerns have not gone unanswered. They just aren't the answers you want.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Ever heard of Nymphomaniacs?

--------

Anyway, I will take a page out of your book and say that is a "moot point". The facts are women also have sex out of wedlock and therefore should still be cautious when embarking on their romantic escapades. In addition, and as was stated by another member previously, considering the next nine months of her life will be physically demanding, surely she should be more selective about who she opens her legs for.

edit on 18/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: clarity

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Once again....

In the instance of abortion, adoption, etc. then there is no disparity because the man is no longer responsible to pay child support.

These concerns have not gone unanswered. They just aren't the answers you want.

There is plenty of disparity? What if he wants to raise his child?

From your posting it seems you and I agree men and women should be responsible for their actions. correct?
If that is the case we would not have abortions adoptions, etc because each person would have to own up to their responsibilities. However you are still giving the female an out of her responsibilities should she choose to avoid them while not giving the man the same considerations.

Once again we both do not want people to shirk their responsibilities.......however society and the legal system have allowed this. Why is it right to give one person an out and not another. I know you are going to say biology, but as has been asked why is biology a reason why a middle ground can not be agreed to on certain issues and then on others biology does not matter?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

yes there are alot of things that should be in this world that arent. Is it not our responsibility as human beings to work to bring those things into the world then?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Ever heard of Nymphomaniacs?

--------

I thought the concept of "fairness" doesn't matter to you in these kinds of issues. Are they not "moot" points?

edit on 18/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

Yes I have. And I've known a couple. None have trapped me into frivolous paternity suits though.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

You asked what bizzaro world we live in in regards to abortion. I asnwered.

link   
Since this has not been answered by hotbakedtater, I shall ask everyones opinion on these issues.

So my question for this is so what about the case where a male child was STATUTORILY RAPED and owes child support in CALIFORNIA: San Luis Obispo County v. Nathaniel J., ___ Cal. App. 4th ___, 57 Cal. Rptr. 2d 843 (1996).? Seems like the female "took advantage of a boy's seed?

or here: www.dispatch.com....

edit on 18-9-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

ROFL
where? You are so making that up. I want to see the schools website now

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Opinion or law? I can only offer an opinion. An adult who engages a child in sex should bear the full and total brunt of the consequences, firstly by going to jail! Secondly by supporting the infant produced from that union whether it is raised by the child-parent or the state or another family member.

I know, I am a harsh woman with a narrow view.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join