It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

That was dry sarcasm, Edrick. That was dry sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

While I admire your dedication to the pro-life movement....

This is where you are mistaken.

I am an advocate of Truth.

A Legionare for Logic.

The Rabbit of Rationale.

You hold two Ideas in your head... AT THE SAME TIME, that cannot exist together.

I am trying to cure you.

The fact that a woman can abort a pregnancy still does NOT justify a man refusing to live up to his paternal duties.

Maternal Duties... what are those?

Making sure you don't Off your own child while it is inside you, I think should be one of them.

But, no... her Body, Her Choice....

His Wallet, Her Retirement, eh?

Your misogyny is showing.

JUDGES????

We HAVE A WINNER!

it only took you about a dozen posts, but you managed to call me a Woman hater, for NO REASON, just like I told you that you were GOING TO.

Man, I'm tired of being right...

Again, you have to resort to putting words into my mouth. It's a sore substitute for actual substance.

That little "?" thingie indicates that it followed a question.

This is different from "Putting words int your mouth"

Try much harder next time.

This is the most valid statement you have made yet.

You just said that you were clueless.

Ah... With the emasculating humor. That's fun too. I can actually smell your desperation now.

Desperation?

Oh, that's rich...

I'm just getting warmed Up.

Pregnancy is a decision?

That's an odd retort...

Are you saying that Men don't make decisions that gets a girl pregnant?

Very well, I accept your Surrender.

Pregnancy is the result of sex, which both HE and SHE participated in.

Yes... He AND She.

She don't want to be a Mother?

Kill the Child, send it Away... etc...

He don't want to be a Father?

"Man Up"

You are so transparent... I think I will play with you some more... it's entertaining.

Now your misogyny is really showing. Along with an apparent fear of women.

Ah... now you're pretending to be a psychologist!

You are too cute.

And yet... still so very Wrong.

-Edrick

edit on 18-9-2010 by Edrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

How are they off target or even tangents? They are dead on target, yet you do not want to answer them. We are discussing rights and lack there of etc. Seems to fit in nicely. just because something is inconvient to your postion does not automatically make it a tangent. It should be especially relevant since you are a feminist, and you want equality of rights. Oh yea thats right the modern gender feminists only wants equailty when it is convienct to them. I stand corrected

Furthermore I am not the one to originally bring biology into our interactions you did. All I did was use your so called trump card and flipped it right back on you.

edit on 18-9-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I expected more out of you than this, Edrick

Wow.... you're copying my style of posting already?

I'm flattered that you think so highly of me.

-Edrick

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

I am not answering that question, it is off topic. I won't address it in this thread either. I see you are also going to leave the misrepresentaion up, that I flip flop on the topic at hand.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I can only supply my own thoughts to this topic as they relate to me.
When my son's father sent his first $15 check and no more I decided then and there that I would provide for my son. I asked no one for help (including his father) and did what I had to do. I worked construction, I worked a sewing factory job, I babysat, I cleaned motels, and I became an auto mechanic. I did whatever job I had to do to make sure my son ate, had a roof and warm bed, had clothing and hot and cold running water.

I've done the same for my step son when his parents wouldn't stand up.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

I am not answering that question, it is off topic. I won't address it in this thread either. I see you are also going to leave the misrepresentaion up, that I flip flop on the topic at hand.

Yes I will and am going to leave it up. As you have yet to prove that you have not. If you can prove it I will glady take it down. You can call it misrepresentaion all you want doesnt matter to me one iota. It is a parralle couter to your basic argument and you do not want to answer for it. I get it and its your choice. Please do not whince to me about being misrepresented when you are given the choice and opportunity to "set me straight" yet decline to do so.

Furthermore who besides you say that it is off topic and has nothing to do with the conversation at hand?

edit on 18-9-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
I can only supply my own thoughts to this topic as they relate to me.
When my son's father sent his first $15 check and no more I decided then and there that I would provide for my son. I asked no one for help (including his father) and did what I had to do. I worked construction, I worked a sewing factory job, I babysat, I cleaned motels, and I became an auto mechanic. I did whatever job I had to do to make sure my son ate, had a roof and warm bed, had clothing and hot and cold running water.

I've done the same for my step son when his parents wouldn't stand up.

Amen and I am glad you did what you had to. It is sad he didn't step up. But you took responsibility for your choices and I commend you for that. Gold star.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It is not what i would prefer no, but right now i see no other options...because of simple biology men are going to need to make some concessions, it may not be right but i think we simply need to bite the bullet and take more responsibility regarding our actions than woman need to when it comes to this matter.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck
reply to post by Solomons

Yes that is the simplest solution. Does it make it right? Should a man have to forgoe an experience because of the risk and give a female free reign to engage of that behavior? I for one say no.

Both parties have free reign to engage in "that behavior".

Both know their Fair Reproductive Choices befor they lie down together.

If a man has such little control that he just has to get out there and experience sex at all costs, is it so much to expect the same man to be wise in his choice of sexual partner?

If he is "experiencing" with a decent woman, there is no problem.

And if not, why am I expected to give a care about his situation if she does happen to get pregnant?

This entire topic comes down to CHOICES.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

And here is the thing I wholeheartadly agree men should make concessions. But should not women also make concessions?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I was under the assumption we were discussing reproductive choices not gender norming or any of the other off topic tangents you keep bringing up.

Biology has a lot to do with this topic.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I'm not even going to break down your latest manifesto against abortion post. It's not worth my time. You've posted nothing but an attack without any substance or addition.

Tuck tail and Run, eh?

Look, it's not my fault that you have an apparent inability to see Reality, or to distinguish it from the fairy tale land that you think IS reality.

You call me a "Woman Hater" because that is what the feminist movement has PROGRAMMED you to do to ANYONE that even *QUESTIONS* the sisterhood, or Feminism, or "Equality" or... whatever.

Your view of Reality is WRONG, and you are ignoring this fact.

Do try to deal with it, for your own sake.

-Edrick

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

Yes that is the simplest solution. Does it make it right? Should a man have to forgoe an experience because of the risk and give a female free reign to engage of that behavior? I for one say no.

Both parties have free reign to engage in "that behavior".

Both know their Fair Reproductive Choices befor they lie down together.

If a man has such little control that he just has to get out there and experience sex at all costs, is it so much to expect the same man to be wise in his choice of sexual partner?

If he is "experiencing" with a decent woman, there is no problem.

And if not, why am I expected to give a care about his situation if she does happen to get pregnant?

This entire topic comes down to CHOICES.

hmmm interesting you should say the thread comes to choices yet when asked about issues that relate to choices tou wont answer because it is off topic.

link   

Originally posted by Edrick

I expected more out of you than this, Edrick

Wow.... you're copying my style of posting already?

I'm flattered that you think so highly of me.

-Edrick
Oh don't make me blush, Edrick.

Anyway, don't flatter yourself. it is merely a debate technique called mirroring.

Glad to see my womanly charms have such a flattering effect upon you.

edit on 18-9-2010 by hotbakedtater because: l

link   

You are discussing employment issues. I am discussing reproduction issues.

No we are discussing risk.

Simple

man and women conceive a child, she is at risk during child birth,though in most countries quite safe in hospitals,the father has to work to support his family and is at risk continually supporting them based on the type of work he does.

Maybe the man would not have to risk his very life to support a child if he had taken responsibility BEFORE it became a life and death issue.

If you believe the female is at more risk then why not advocate for women to stop having children in the first place?

and where has the father not taken responsiblity by doing what ever he can? or do you believe also that all men should just have office jobs and the like,well so long as their not in risky builds like the twin towers seeing they were targeted years before,those irresponsable dead beats huh? or just people doing what they can?.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I was under the assumption we were discussing reproductive choices not gender norming or any of the other off topic tangents you keep bringing up.

Right and when you are discussing an issue that has a parallel and the opposite argument is used yes it is fair and on topic to bring up the disparity.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The topic of this thread is about Legal Paternal Responsibility.

IT is not about Biology.

It is about Laws.

Hence:

THREAD TITLE:
Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

-Edrick

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Oh don't make me blush, Edrick.

Anyway, don't flatter yourself. it is merely a debate technique called mirroring.

Glad to see my womanly charms have such a flattering effect upon you.

Oh, she is so Coy...

Don't get ahead of yourself, now...

We are "Arguing" against each-other... let's try to remain professional about our relationship, ok?

-Edrick

edit on 18-9-2010 by Edrick because: clipping

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

I'm not even going to break down your latest manifesto against abortion post. It's not worth my time. You've posted nothing but an attack without any substance or addition.

Tuck tail and Run, eh?

Look, it's not my fault that you have an apparent inability to see Reality, or to distinguish it from the fairy tale land that you think IS reality.

You call me a "Woman Hater" because that is what the feminist movement has PROGRAMMED you to do to ANYONE that even *QUESTIONS* the sisterhood, or Feminism, or "Equality" or... whatever.

Your view of Reality is WRONG, and you are ignoring this fact.

Do try to deal with it, for your own sake.

-Edrick

Now this one I will answer. I called you a misogynist so please quote me correctly. You seem to have a habituation with this problem.

You can state that the feminist movement "programmed" me to think that a father has an obligation to his children. Funny that. It's a concept that predates feminism by a few thousand years. But, hey, bending facts to make yourself look or feel correct is an understandable shortcoming.

My view of reality is quite accurate in this case. I am dealing in realities. You are harping about your conceptions of fairness. Your view is actually atypical of people in this day and age in that it tends to reflect what YOU want, what YOU desire, and what YOU believe to be right. It does not, however factor in the greater good or the needs of others. Count yourself proud amongst the MTV generation. You represent them to a T.

As for your parting advice, I return it to you.

edit on 9/18/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/18/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join