It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
oh god, I just want to laugh real hard because these men aren't men. They are just children who want to have sex without any ramifications.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

And you and I both know how unrealistic it is to just not have sex. So how is that a solution. before contraceptives, abortion etc was brought into the fold how successful was just say no? If just say no worked for any sex, there would be no need for any form of birth control nor abortion.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Female logic:

HE put HIS penis in me and impregnated me with HIS child, and HE knew that was a possible outcome so HE needs to take responsibility and take care of me and HIS child because HE is responsible for HIS actions. But if I want an abortion, HE has no say because it's MY body and MY choice....

Yeah, that sounds about right.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
oh god, I just want to laugh real hard because these men aren't men. They are just children who want to have sex without any ramifications.

So are women that want the same (and have control and relative lack of ramifications besides ones of their choosing) are children also I assume?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Ditto for pathetic whores who use abortion as a means to have sex with no ramifications!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

If women are so evil, conniving, and ruthlessly selfish you do have options as to whether or not you engage in procreative acts with them.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Heff:
The neighborhood I live in already has enough of an issue with absentee fathers as it is. I can't imagine how bad it would be if this kind of option were offered.

This is where it is relevant. You are placing the blame squarely on "absentee blame" on the fathers without knowing why they are absent. The same you are with placing the responsibility only on a father for having sex

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

But is that the case if a women chooses to have an abortion even if the father does not want one? She can choose to abort the pregnancy with no consequence, get off scott free. Why can men not have that same option?

Obviously.

You have never gone through the experience of making that decision and going through with the abortion.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

This is where it is relevant. You are placing the blame squarely on "absentee blame" on the fathers without knowing why they are absent. The same you are with placing the responsibility only on a father for having sex

Saying that a man is responsible is not the same as saying he is solely responsible. In fact I have said the exact opposite of that over and over again. BOTH the mother and father bear responsibility.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And I would venture to say you have never been on the opposite side of your arguments? That in itself does not mean people can not make valid conclusions nor opinions.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So its just the mothers that get an avenue to escape that responsibility correct?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck

So its just the mothers that get an avenue to escape that responsibility correct?

It's only the mothers who have to carry an embryo for nine months.
It's only the mothers who risk their physical health to bring forth life.

So, yes, it's only a mother who has the ultimate right to decide about surgical procedures to her body.

Do you think that a woman should have the right to force her male lover to have a vasectomy or the surgery required to be a eunuch? Because that is the inverse of your argument here.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What is your point you think that is any kind of response so it is a hard decision its still a option for them and not every situation is how you think it will be their are a lot of people who can have sex and have a abortion without much thought minors do this a lot.I also like how you acknowledge what a terrible thing it is yet don't see problem in the man not having a say at all.Abortion being a tough decision has nothing to do with anything anyone's talking about and your made up world where all women are saints and think like you does not apply and does not change a thing.Pleas elaborate and don't post oblivious things like abortion are terrible situations without telling me how that effects a mans right.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

And as you put it before that is the unfairness of biology. I have not once said that a female should have an abortion. I do not believe she should be able to but that is regardless of the issue and not what I am debating. I am debating that if women should be granted those outs by society, then men should also be given some outs of some source, nothing else. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
well if you want to be fair then men should have the right to decline fathering a child. The ladies would be keeping their pants on if they knew that a man could decline financial responsibility. That would take the wind right out of gold digger sails.

Isn't that the truth - baboom!

The bottom line is today women have all the choices, zero responsibility, and the men are at their mercy.

edit on 17-9-2010 by leo123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jwbmore
reply to post by Annee

What is your point you think that is any kind of response so it is a hard decision its still a option for them and not every situation is how you think it will be their are a lot of people who can have sex and have a abortion without much thought minors do this a lot.I also like how you acknowledge what a terrible thing it is yet don't see problem in the man not having a say at all.Abortion being a tough decision has nothing to do with anything anyone's talking about and your made up world where all women are saints and think like you does not apply and does not change a thing.Pleas elaborate and don't post oblivious things like abortion are terrible situations without telling me how that effects a mans right.

No thanks.

Your attitude says it all.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

For a woman to abort a pregnancy - her "out as you refer to it - she has to make a very difficult and painful decision as well as undergo a dangerous surgical procedure.

A man, given the same "out" would be able to just say "Sorry, don't want a kid.... See ya."?

OK. Then let's be really fair. Let's put the guy through a surgical process as well and say that the guy can most certainly do this if he's willing to have his nads cut off.

I'd agree to that law.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

she does have the right to force a man to wear a condom or use contraception (sound familiar) and she a vasectomy and a abortion are not comparable one is a indefinite procedure the other is a one time instance.

I am starting to see you really do believe nature separated our rights you think that because she has the womb she has a right over the man on a child so in your logic the women has 60 percent of ownership while the man has 40 so why does the woman not receive that 10 percent more responsibility to feed a support the child its just not equal and you logic starting to sound pretty damning.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

OK so my attitude keeps you from telling us what your post means to the topic.Please everyone don't insult annee or we will never get a straight answer

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jwbmore

The flaw in your logic is that you are trying to equate biological disparity with the concept of civil rights. They are not the same thing.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join