It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Let me spell it out for you people.... Girls/ Women are emotional by nature! Sure there is atleast 15% of the women population that are stone cold, but those woman are sucessful in their own right and dont need a man for anykind of support, and then you have atleast 10% of Women who are gold diggers, but the majority of WOMEN are emotional creatures, our natural biological make up is to one day have a family of our own.With that being said if you are a man who has money and Im not talking about the wanna be's, Im talking about the true men out there that having something to risk by having an unwanted pregnancy should be smart enough to protect themselves, 9 times out of 10 they didnt get to the position their our in by being dumb!
On the womans side, you go to a lounge or the gas station or a grocery store for that matter, of course if the man is nicely dressed, well groomed, and talks with an education the woman will be attracted to him. It doesnt mean we ARE GOLD DIGGERS! REAL women who work hard everyday just like men, are looking for someone to spend their lives with just like a MAN, and stability of course as always will play a part. Will a man hook up with a trashy girl showing to much skin and cussing like a salior, more then likely for the sake of "Being EASY" meaning not having to put much effort into courting them.(Is that the kind of girl he wants to bring home to mama, maybe not!) But that so called TRASHY girl could very well be a sweet heart whos just had it a little rougher in life then most and she could bust her ass everyday even if its as maid,or a bar tender she makes her money no matter what the amount, she sees an attractive guy nicely dressed, well groomed, good conversation her thoughts could very well be "This guy seems into me" or "Wow, I cant believe hes talking to me." Now comes the pressure... If I dont sleep with him, he may not call me again and I REALLY like this guy, If I do sleep with him, he may never call me again and I REALLY like him. Girls feel pressure all the time. So lets just say the two do hook up a child is concieved, how could you call yourself a man and not take care of your biological child?! Most woman... Not all, there are some HORRIBLE moms out there that should have never had kids, but most women instantly bond with that child and sacrifice EVERYTHING for that child because its just in our nature... and it does take to INCOMES to take care of a child...and for who ever wrote that women spend the child support on themselves..obviously are not a single mom. When your entire pay check goes to rent 600$/month DAYCARE 500-600$/Month, lights-150$/month, phone, cable, gas to get you back in fourth to work, diapers, formula (yea wic helps but only with 10 cans..most babies go through 15-20 a month and they cost 13 a can, clothes and shoes because they are constantly growing... oh the list can go on and you think a measly 400$ to 600$/month depending on how much the man makes is enough?! ....and the man should just have the right to WALK AWAY?! Knowing the consequences of THEIR actions? MOST WOMEN know what they are up against and raise that child on their own because THEY HAVE HEARTS...BECAUSE WE ARE EMOTIONAL creatures(and men know this), as men our more physical...So why is it the single moms get such a bad rap? Have you ever met a harder worker, a more loving/caring person then someone who puts their life on hold (no more late night partying, no chance of possibly going back to school,no more getting their nails done or shopping for themselves) as a single mother?While the man gets to WALK AWAY and continue sleeping with random women, late night clubs, or simply hanging out on a sunday watching sports and not having to worry about the baby being sick or late night rockings?! When a women has a CHILD that does not make her a GOLD DIGGER!! It makes her a MOTHER who will fight for the better intrest of her child!! We women have it bad either way, if we get pregnant we're W*ORES, if we leave the kid with the father so we can selfishly continue living our lives the way WE WANT like most guys do... we're the POS, The law is fair and just no matter what anyone says...get over it!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

I'm not saying that either is at fault...consider it a "no fault" accident.

I want to know why a man has no legal defence from responsibility in a scenario as described.

Where as, the woman has a couple of different options, from adoption to abortion...all of which can be done with out the man's consent.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I'm showing, as an example, that men have NO rights concerning children from conception to their eventual deaths.

Men will be forced, if they are not providing willingly, to be responsible for the childs financial provision until they are 18, and even further if some of the current court cases set precedents.

All for something that they have no say in as soon as the sperm flies.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I could be wrong, I have never gone through that portion myself.

But, that is the reply I got during my adoption process, when I asked how I could defend against my daughter ever being taken away from me by her biological parents.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

So the fact that it is not 100% effective is case for 100% liability...you should be a lawyer

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Kailassa
You're saying that if a girl gets pregnant It should be entirely the man's choice as to whether he support the baby he has fathered.

Up to a certain time in the pregnancy. This gives the woman time to make the decision as to whether or not she wants to attempt to financially support the child on her own or have an abortion.

Kailassa: Should the father still have this right if the woman does not know she is pregnant until too late to have an abortion?

Benevolent Heretic: I assigned an arbitrary time period of 4 months, but there should be a time period. 2 months, 3 months, whatever. When is it "too late" to have an abortion?

U PEOPLE SAY ABORTION AS IF ITS SO EASY!! U PEOPLE SAY ABORITION AS IF A WOMEN MAKES THAT DESCION AND DOESNT GET CRUSIFIED FOR IT!! IF a women has an abortion all on the fact that the father doesnt want to be financially responsible wich is another cop out excuse for laziness that is being breed in this day and ages generation of BOYS, THE WOMAN STILL CATCHES HELL FOR THE DECSION BECAUSE SHE SHOULD OF PROTECTED HERSELF!,..... WELL SO SHOULD THE MAN, AND ONCE THE MAN VOLUNTARALY DEPOSITS HIS GENETIC GENE POOL INTO HER BODY, IT BECOMES HER CHOICE AND HE LOSES HIS RIGHTS.... HIS RIGHT IS TO PUT A CONDOM ON IT! WHY ARE GUYS SO STUBORN? THEY ARE SO LAZY THEY DONT WANT TO PUT A CONDOM ON FOR THE SAKE OF IT FEELING BETTER (CAN WE SAY SELFISH?) AND NOW THEY WANT TO BE LAZY AND NOT HELP TAKE CARE OF THAT CHILD!! WHAT ARE WE DOING?? PROGRAMMING THESE YOUNG BOYS TO NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ACTION WHILE FORCING THE WOMEN TO PULL THEIR BOOTS STRAPS UP AND BE RESPONSIBLE?? in the next 50 years women will be paid more then men, and we will have to be the bread winners, and guys will be at the bottom of the todum pole, so go ahead, keeping pressing the issue of being lazy and irrespoinsible thats a good way to teach our boys to grow up.... WHAT NEXT? Only women will have the balls to serve the military!? Cuz the other gender will have lost the meaning of "BEING A MAN!"

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Oh really...seems that by the US court system says that sperm donors can and HAVE been forced to pay child support.

Ie:
Source

"Most courts that have considered the question have ordered the donor to pay support, which may seem a perverse result, but the issue is more complicated than you might think."

From above source.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Solution is simple. Both parents have to give consent. Problem solved!

or don't allow it at all...but that is not something i am sure of either.

problem with your solution is it will yield some very, very heartbreaking and insane stories.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

He also had the right to expect proper and considered security of his deposit.

He should have the right to sue both the "bank" and his ex, but he's a man, so he will have NO rights.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

We live in Maryland and trust me when I tell you - my husband has NO pull in the court system
. At that time I'd have to say he was actually the lesser of two evils. I honestly believe that ~I~ was the deciding factor since my son testified as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

Well... the boy was six years old, it was winter, and he was sleeping in the car while she, her daughter and her boyfriend slept in a warm bed. He went to school in dirty and soiled clothing. He had it rough!

Yes, we are an average family and no we aren't wealthy. We just were better able to provide a stable environment. BTW this same boy leaves for Basics in early October : ).

Edit: I should add... this boy was born eight years after I married his father.

edit on 17/9/2010 by SeenMyShare because: to make an addition.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Edit: I should add... this boy was born eight years after I married his father.

Wow... eights years??? That's either one helluva gestation period... or you're a saint.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Abortion solves your entire post... If it's a Life brought into this world out of religious beliefs of the lady then it's clearly unconstitutional because my religion says all women should get abortions... Would that hold up in court?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So exactly how did nature make this whole thing unequal? Cause a woman has to carry a child for 9 months and give birth? I guess it is nature that made a womans body different than a mans. You got me there. Good thing were talking about a legal issue here and not mature huh? And as it is now a woman deffinately has much more pull when It comes to a child. And that is fair somehow? Somehow ist ok in you mind for a woman to abort a kid without the fathers concent but on the other hand it's not ok for a father to give up his rights when It comes to said child? Are you pulling for equal rights or do you just hate men?

Motf!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Men already have a say, their say comes in deciding if they want to put their penis (and all the responsibility that comes with it) in a vagina. Theiur choice comes in their decision, if they choose to place their penis in a vagina, they are choosing ALL KNOWN OUTCOMES (failed birth control is but one of the outcomes).

edit on 16-9-2010 by hotbakedtater because: forgot another type of scum who supports this

And the women who decide to host a penis in their vagina, what of them? Both parties are culpable here.

I'm not saying men should be able to abandon the child, just saying that men and women both have a say in this (except for rape case, which should result in prison time).

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

You stated that a rapist shouldn't have any say in whether or not his victim has an abortion. Does a rapist have any parental rights if she decides to keep it??? The reason I ask is because there have been cases where the rapist HAS done battle in an attempt to establish parental and visitation rights. What's your stand on that issue???

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

My opinion is that in a just world a rapist wouldn't be around to fight for custody, visitation or any other type of contact.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

"One how did you slip the eff bomb past the censors?"

by way of magic. duh.

"Two, how does entrapement work when the man is depostiing his sperm into her vagina of his own volition?"

Obviously if the kid knew she was going to get pregnant, he wouldn't even bothered with her.....Its simple someone is an idiot for not thinking...And acording to the site someone is lying about not being able to get pregnant..

"Dubay says he has been ordered to pay $500 a month in child support for a girl born last year to his ex-girlfriend. He contends that the woman knew he didn't want to have a child with her and assured him repeatedly that – because of a physical condition – she could not get pregnant."

It works like this the dude in question wants sex but no Repercussions for it...The dude being an idiot actually believed that there is such a thing as sex without repercussions, because he believed the female in question his ex....The intrapment is that someone is lying...according to the site it's the female....She basically lyed and said she couldn't get pregnant....She should of said "you sleep with me and there is a good chance ill get pregnant"....And the outcome would be that they would both move on to other people, or they would of used better prevention methods...or if she did get pregnant then they both, have to take responsibility for the baby, regardless if there together by then.... So who is lying the kid or his ex is a question, and why lie? what for if not for some sort of scheme? it makes no sense, even if they both are idiots, they both should pay....Personally I think the kid should have to go through the system so he gets the point....But I still think there needs to be some sort of repercussions for these females, just like there is for males...Just to get them to stop and think a little before they spread there legs...and expect the state to take care of it, and the dudes to pay, with little say in it. So basically no more favors for females they want to win a case they better bring more to the table in the courts, then the fact that they have a vagina. And whoever is the least crazy among them male or female, and has the means, and wants the kid, should get it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I guess it all depends upon how you define things.

In my world a male who would walk away from his paternal responsibilities with an argument as ridiculous as "Well women can get an abortion, so why can't I take the easy way out" is not a man.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

"No man is ever taken advantage of for his seed ?"

Really so all the Woman that are too lazy to get a career, or see breeding as the only useful thing they can do in life. Get pregnant young and then bludge off everyone don't exist.

Talk about having your head stuck in the sand.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join