It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tooth ache remedy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Does anyone know a good toothache remedy? My tooth has been killing me since last night. It was bad enough that I couldn't sleep. Thanks in advance.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Skid Mark because: Added a line.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well Orajel works really well.

If you don't want to use that, clove oil is awesome!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thanks. I'll try that.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is an alternative medicine remedy. Works for me every time.

Oil pull coconut oil for 20 minutes. (Do not swallow!)
2 drops of wild oregano oil under the tongue

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Vodka.
Whiskey
Gin if you can't get anything else

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the tips. I'll try them.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The dentist

seriously, I have dentist phobia and asked the same question here last year.
That's when someone told me about the cleave oil, so I went to buy it and it works miracles! It sedates your gums and lips for a short while (icky feeling) but it does the trick.

Also, putting whisky on the tooth helps to sedate it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Apart from my "funny" answer above I do have a serious answer
Clove oil,
It's supposed to be really good. I never really get tooth aches though as I am fanatical about my teeth

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Oil of Clove, as stated before, is definitely the best, a must for every emergency kit, but beware, it is STRONG, one drop on or in the tooth is enough and don't swallow. You should also note that it can/will burn the sensitive membranes in the mouth.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have heard tobacco works wonders, and that you can find almost anywhere. I have no clue where to go for clove oil...

Soak tobacco in some water, take a drop of that water and drop it on the tooth or dip a cotton swab in it and treat the tooth and tissue surrounding it.

edit on 2010-9-17 by above because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
in my above post I meant clove oil, not 'cleave oil' (whatever that is:roll

can't edit the post anymore....

I got it at a nature/herbal store, but I think that most pharmacists have it

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have been dealing with the same issue for the past few days, My dentist cannot take me until the 27th

I have a broken tooth i have been dipping cotten balls in anbesol and placing the wad inside the tooth.

Oragel and anbesol have the same active ingredient, benzocaine 20%, But having tried both the anbesol seems to work better

Anyway I hope you feel better soon, and i would recomend you see your dentist asap, if it is an infection it will only get worse until treated.

GOOD LUCK !

~meathead

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here is something that works for Me every time ! Especially if the Nerve is exposed!!

I didn't believe it until i tried it ! and you may have it in your home !

Listerine ! no Lie it acts fast it Numbs it ! Very Quickly

How to Ease a Toothache

originated by:Fiona, Krystle C., Tom Viren, Jack Herrick (see all)
www.wikihow.com...

edit on 17-9-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hi,
First of all toothache must be THE most aggravating pain in the body so my sympathies are with you.

It goes against the natural remedy thinking of this forum but sometimes pharmaceuticals can be of real benefit, if used sparingly and wisely anyway. Toothache is generally caused by an inflammation of or very near to the tooth's nerve and with that in mind one should try an anti-inflammatory drug such as ibuprofen or aspirin to try to calm the inflammation down. This can certainly be augmented by the use of clove oil and should alleviate your discomfort until you're able to see your dentist.
It should be noted however that if you suffer from asthma or have any allergies to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (as I have, d'oh!) physician advice should be sought prior to taking them.

edit on 21/9/10 by Pardon? because: Edit for spelling!

top topics

join