It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can mindless brainwashing like Hannity rate so highly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Im in Australia so Im lucky on cable I get CNN International and the BBC which are news channels that occassionally have opinion shows,from my observation Fox is completely the opposite its an opinion channel where you occasionally get news and Shepard Smiths show is about the only one where that news wont be totally about republicans or democrats.

My mother religiously watches Hannity so Im subjected to one hour of people generally screaming at each other to get their opinions heard each day.Mr Hannity started his election countdown about 90 days out,each day he puts up the days to go 90,89,88,87,86 were now at about day 50.Honestly this is like teeth being pulled in Australia we can announce an election,have a campaign and get a result in 21-28 days.So each day we get days to go then Hannity will commence an hour of interviewing like minded people as to how great the republicans will go this election,one or two interviews discussing how Obama is ruining the country,now dont get me wrong there is corruption and misdirection in the Obama government but Mr Hannity most certainly cant report it in a non-partisan unbiased professional manner like dare I say it Beck can.

Then theres his 'great american panel' where the democrat is usually outnumbered 3 to 1 and drowned out in a shouting match,if this liberal mentions George Bush initially wrecked the economy or any Bush/Cheney malfeasance like Haliburton they are mocked and poo-poo-ed according to Mr Hannity no Republican administration has ever done anything wrong or should be held to account for what it did.

Basically Hannitys show is the same # recycled everyday to the point its become mindless to me,Mr Hannity is not a journalist,he has no field of expertise or qualifications of any description Im aware to be a noteworthy source on anything he is purely a Republican party celebrity shill.

Taking all this into account how can he have one of the highest rating shows on cable its just an exercise in brainwashing and programming.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
consider the audience.

in the US, we got tons of network channels...now, if you take the news watching channels, you get a few.

The big guns are CNN, MSNBC, FOX, and HNN. Fox caters specifically to fairly extreme right wing propaganda, the rest of the networks tend to go either center or left...so if you have 3 million people on each side, the right side will go to the one place they can listen to their retoric, the other 3 million will divide up into the other channels, making it appear like the right is far stronger in regards to audience.

the left are also a younger audience, so less likely to watch commentary news religiously...they get their news online.

The people whom watch hannity are not being brainwashed...they are already brainwashed..hannity is just maintenance.

edit on 16-9-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

What gets me is the incessant drumbeat of politics in your country,in Australia its citizens certainly dont walk around all day every day worried about the latest liberal or labour party manuevres,every three years an election is called both parties present their policies and people make a decision-a 3-4 week process yet in America it takes a year and a half to select Presidential candidates and campaign and 6-8 months of primaries etc to lead up to a mid-term election,its a never ending dog and pony show that would drive me nuts if I lived there.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I like Hannity...
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
Taking all this into account how can he have one of the highest rating shows on cable its just an exercise in brainwashing and programming.

you are not lying.
(it's called Neuro-Linguistic Programming or NPL) aka: brainwashing braindirtying

i would like to think people can think for themselves, but i think Sean Hannity (and others) use some dirty tactics.

stand by, i will add some videos to demonstrate this...

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix

i assure you anglodemonicmatrix, you not being on my friends list was a computer glitch. honest.

-et

edit on 16-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: add some satanic videos

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Thanks for the video Im not sure about the hand signal meaning 666,however I agree with the guts of the video that he uses body language and double speak to communicate to the audience this is a nutcase or this persons opinion is worthless.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

i don't know if i agree with the hand signal meaning 666 either, but the rest of it was relative to some psyops tactics i am aware of.

I do not appreciate Sean Hannity's tactics, nor his overt ideologies.

FOX is to news what WWE is to professional sports, imo. FOX is not making americans smarter. that would be bad for their ratings.

-et

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I mean they are just mouthpieces for people's ideologies. Same thing with the left-wing and right-wing pundits. I tend not to listen to anyone one side in particular.

top topics

join