It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Entrance Exam Guide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I recently found copies of this for ordering online, so thought I'd let folks know who may be interested. To my knowledge, it was only published once, but when I was younger, I got this book from a friend, and actually did get in a CIA trainee program while in college. The program was soon cancelled, unfortunately, due to some political events of the time (i.e. the coup in Russia).

But, the book has some very cool stuff. The primary "juicy" info in the book is a listing of espionage-related classes in universities throughout the country, along with the professors that teach them. Granted, could be outdated, but many of these teachers are tenured, and still reachable for folks looking to hook up with a local recruiter (that's how I got involved in it). So, figured I'd pass it along.

The publisher is ARCO.

www.amazon.com...

Just got my copy the other day, (as I had since loaned it to a friend who never gave it back to me).

Has a lot of history about the CIA (as this is the primary focus of the exam), but I do remember several practical exercises too, such as how to handle situations, etc.

The book does do a good job of explaining what a CIA Case Officer does (and it's not what one would most likely think), so it's kind of a good primer for any Conspiracy Theorist, to get an idea of how an intelligence agency functions, etc.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
thanks for the post ,my good man ....you should have put this in R.A.T.S .....no worries

ill review it ,and see if its the same exam i took ...jk

anyway thank you

Nephi1337

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I really hope that no one out there thinks that some book, published in the mainstream media sources, would give ALL the information on joining the CIA. That would be a bit naive, wouldn't it?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Sweet!! I just ordered it

I will enjoy reading this for sure, thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
ARCO used to publish many different books for virtually any civil service job from large cities to State exams to Federal civil service including postal exams. They also had a line of education books for different college exams.

Hadn't heard that name for more than several years. Are they still in business?..

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I just got my book in the mail today
I knew exactly what that package was on the counter and I smiled.

I will enjoy reading this later tonight.

new topics

top topics

join