It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope speech compares atheist 'extremism' with Nazism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Right - this is another low blow from him. Surely it's a very unloving, unchristian terminology to be using against us unbelievers.

Why not show us a little love instead?

Not the best way to convert us into his midst is it?

edit on 16-9-2010 by mr-lizard because: typo

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Any and all extremism is bad.
Not just atheist extremists.

extreme anything is never a good thing.

everything in moderation.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Meh. Extremism in any form is stupid. I see angry extremist atheists on ATS who differ from Fred Phelps only in the thing that they hate, but snivel that they're entitled to their bigotry because there's nothing wrong with hating Christians.

That's not all atheists, of course, just a vocal minority which, as Phelps and other moron pseudo-Christians do, makes everyone else look bad. Hate breeds hate, so standing up to it seems like the right thing to do.

I wonder if the Pope knows about Godwin's law? "Sorry, your Holiness, you just lost the argument." lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well, as a former member of the Hitler Youth I expect he'd know more about Nazi doctrine than most people.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Redacted cos Adjenten beat me to it.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Why not show us a little love instead?

That really is not the thing to be saying to a Catholic priest!!!!! They give out way too much love to all the little boys already!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What happened to do not judge?

Oh right... why would that matter to you. I mean raping little boys is okay so what's the problem with judging Atheists?

My guess is that they are pointing the Atheist 'Extremist' label at Richard Dawkins, he was the one who called for the Pope to be arrested for crimes against humanity.

This Pope really has some nerve, Richard Dawkins said he wants him arrested when he visit the UK. And now he is there and is comparing Dawkins to a Nazi. That is pretty much saying, "I'm above the law see, you can't do anything to me. Now I will call you a Nazi on your own land and not be arrested either!"

edit on 9/16/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Why can't the fundamentalist Muslims do us all a favour and blow the sh*t out of the Vatican? Plus the NWO would get a much better response for the religious war if they did that.

Sometimes I think the NWO is run by idiots!

Have Mossad fake some Turkish passports, have some Bob Bets put on false beards and make another one of those obviously fake videos. Cut off someone's head (preferably not mine) but use a rusty spoon, that would be a show for CNN! and then blow up the Vatican! The people bought the whole plane attack idea like the idiots they are, so why not use Cruise ship this time! I mean look:

I know the Tiber does not actually go near the Vatican, but then commercial 767-200's didn't go anywhere near the WTC, and people still bought that! You can claim the cruise ship's throttle was sabotaged with crazy glue by them evil doers, so it couldn't go round the bend, skipped over the bank and shot off hitting the Vatican at 333 mph. Based on flight speeds recorded for the planes hitting the towers 333mph for a cruise ship is do-able!

THIS MADE ME LAUGHT SO I AM GOING TO MAKE A POST OF IT!

edit on 16/9/2010 by theregonnakillme because: had an idea

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Are you an extremist, Mr. Lizard?

If not, then he isn't talking about you.

Eric

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Are you an extremist, Mr. Lizard?

If not, then he isn't talking about you.

Eric

Elaborate on what your definition of atheist extremism is?

Because up to now i don't think i know much about extreme atheism. Do you mean violently non-religious? Attacking other religions, besides a few key note dictators who have implied their own atheism, i've not seen any nation or sub-group do anything terrible in the name of atheism.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I prefer being an extremist than a robot, but hey ...

extremist is just another word without definition, just like terrorist ... thats just for fear purposes

new topics

top topics

join