It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the great influx of 9/11 threads lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It seems to me that there's been a large number of new 9!11 threads lately in comparison to the last few months. Does this normally happen around the anniversary of 9/11 around here? Coincidence? Poor observation skills on my part? Other reasons? I'm curious.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
yes

it's because it's that time of year. The arguments, however, remain timeless

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Think you hit the nail on the head with the fact that its the anniversary time of the 'attacks'

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

I think Perhaps it has to do with us just having an anniversary?

The His Story channel ran 9/11 content all day on the 11th and the media has been working overtime to remind americans of that horrible event..Like we need thier help....

~meathead

ETA @TXRabbit

Man and here I was thinking I was a fast typer....

edit on 16-9-2010 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I was undersatanding that some new FOI tapes were released . Oh well I found this earlier and thought I would post it here . peace
An American cameraman who says September 11 was a lie is facing extradition from Argentina to the United States on alleged murder charges. Kurt Sonnenfeld, a man who was provided provisory refugee status seven years ago, is now wanted by the US government on murder charges. He is the only cameraman that filmed crucial images of Ground Zero in New York after the Twin Towers collapsed.

Sonnenfeld, who lives in Buenos Aires with his Argentine family, says the footage proves that 9/11 was a lie. He still has the 22-hour footage that US authorities want.

"I have promised to give my footage to the big investigators that are credible and widely known - investigators who will be able to detect anomalies that I or other people without scientific education might miss. With that in mind, I hope that there are many things they can discover that disprove the current official story of what happened," Sonnenfeld told a Press TV correspondent.

He says he fears for his life if he is sent back to the United States to face trial. The Denver police have claimed they have evidence that show he killed his first wife in the US. tv.globalresearch.ca...

Social activists who are campaigning for Sonnenfeld to be given refugee status in Argentina say the Denver police are lying. The Sonnenfelds say they have been under police surveillance and that their phone has been tapped.

Sonnenfeld claims that his footage proves top US government officials were aware of the 2001 terrorist attacks before they occurred says he is a victim of a US plot to silence him.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's called Truther Christmas happens every year.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It September - anniversary date of 9/11. Brings all the conspiracy loons out from under their rocks (or mommy's
basement) to subject us to their brand of insanity.

Like annual running of the grunion coming ashore to spawn........

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't think it's just the anniversary.

It is around the time of year of the anniversary, and that does make people talk about it more since it's on their minds, but that's not all that's been going on.

Since 9/11, over the past few years organized outcry against the government investigations (or lack thereof) has been escalating. Organizations like AE911 are getting more coverage than any such organization has previously, and the number and membership of these kinds of organizations have been growing as well. That might happen every year around 9/11 moreso, but this year there are more of them than ever.

Next year, there'll be even more, and the year after that...

Every year more of us are arguing against these trolls, more people are seeing the discussions, and more people are leaving the trolls' side of the argument. They have nothing to base them on to begin with since FEMA and NIST didn't prove a damned thing, and as far as the Kean Commission, even the people who served on it are now saying it was a garbage investigation!

But you don't have to take my word for it. Time will tell. Time has been telling.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

It September - anniversary date of 9/11. Brings all the conspiracy loons out from under their rocks (or mommy's

Like annual running of the grunion coming ashore to spawn........

What a shock insults are always part of the posts here no matter what this thread that warns not to use these type of tactics says.

Seems like no ones trying to keep things civil.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It will taper off, but a few more have been converted. That is one reason I think you see so many, the newly converted are eager to show what they have learned to the veteran truthers.
Without resorting to insults, it is pretty clear that the tactics the so-called debunkers use increasingly fail to persuade. That is a welcome trend.
Resorting to insults, well I better not describe soul-challenged traitors or I might get a warning.
So, never mind.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Hey, I have a solution -- if you're really offended by all the "conspiracy loons", DON'T SPEND EVERY WAKING MOMENT ON A 9/11 CONSPIRACY SITE!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I honestly think it is because there are a lot of dishonest people in this forum that are trying to push certain information, such as information regarding molten metal and explosives-only type stuff. Just my 2 cents.

edit on 16-9-2010 by PookztA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

ATS isn't a 9/11 conspiracy site.

I think you meant 9/11 conspiracy thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I became a member in May, 2010 and I have seen at least one if not more threads re 9/11 since I have been here. I saw even more as the 9/11 anniversary neared. I have read some of the posts in the threads but I have not posted as it just seems people cannot believe 9/11 happened as most of us believe it happened. I can only hope for peace of mind for those who want to go on and on. I think at least we can say we know half of the truth re 9/11 and there is no way to know the other half - it has been too long and too little proof.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne
It's called Truther Christmas happens every year.

Nice terminology that I haven't heard.

top topics

join