It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with Godlike Productions suddenly following me on Twitter? (UPDATE)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bagatell

Originally posted by Signals
You have uncovered the real truth: ATS and GLP are one in the same (gasp!!)
and are BOTH Gov. special ops projects designed for surveillance and to control our minds and strip our freedoms!

OR....this is a thinly veiled attempt by you to gain followers on Twitter - either way it is interesting!

OMG they're both three letter acronyms!!!

oO

OMG!! They're TLA's!! RLY??

TLA's are the cool think donchya know!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
I don't use twitter normally.

Yegads? How do you use it then? Is it safe to tell me with my family around? Or is it... just too bizarre for public discussion?

The mind boggles...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
All you guys are just paranoid!

Social networking sites are absolutely safe and nothing bad will ever come from registering your computer with one of their services.

Please don´t mind the rest of us paranoid suckers here at ATS who countless times have shown you documents and names about the Information Awereness Office and (TIA).

Please also Ignore the fact that Facebook is a financed CIA data mining front!

All of us here on ATS who had brought enough evidences - are just rabid raving lunatics - and I am one of the worst cases of insanity!

Absolutely nothing to see here - please move along to enjoy your next shopping experience!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Alright I admit that I read this thread and really didn't think much of it - however, I just checked my email and it says GLP is following me on twitter as well - I've never logged in or made an account on GLD.com nor do I even use twitter (I made an account a while back but haven't logged in since the day I made it literally).

How are they getting our IP addresses and information, because somehow they are buying/stealing peoples information and finding them to raise their awareness and get free advertising...?

I hate to even say this but is it possible they are using some sort of advertising website that is connected to ATS in some way and they are stealing information when people visit the website?

I actually just got a hit on Norton when I came on to ATS yesterday (the day I got the email about GLP following me on twitter), so that is why I'm bringing this up...

I already mailed Skeptic and Simon so hopefully they will check into it asap.

if anyone mods want the info I sent them let me know

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Alright I admit that I read this thread and really didn't think much of it - however, I just checked my email and it says GLP is following me on twitter as well - I've never logged in or made an account on GLD.com nor do I even use twitter (I made an account a while back but haven't logged in since the day I made it literally).]

You weren't paying attention.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bagatell

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Alright I admit that I read this thread and really didn't think much of it - however, I just checked my email and it says GLP is following me on twitter as well - I've never logged in or made an account on GLD.com nor do I even use twitter (I made an account a while back but haven't logged in since the day I made it literally).]

You weren't paying attention.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If I understand that post correctly then anyone following ATS would possibly be grabbed from twitter correct?

Well as I said I don't use twitter nor follow ATS on there so explain to me how they got my information then?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal nor do I even use twitter (I made an account a while back but haven't logged in since the day I made it literally).

Seems that's all it takes...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well.....

They're following me too.....

I must be pretty important!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I too had the same thing, but I chose to "Get me out of here". However, today I got one that says
"Survival Sun is following you on Twitter" I've only looked at Twitter 1 or 2 times in the past, But I didn't
open the messages and judging what people have said on this thread, I'm either going to ignore them or try to delete them.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Slightly off topic, but I didn't think a new thread bashing GLP was needed

Today they added a new feature for paying members. The ability to moderate your own thread, you are able to delete comments and ban IP's from that thread. Talk about a conspiracy site!!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

Ok. Just wondering though, how is simply saying what a site did considered "bashing"?

And if you used the information in your post to start a thread, how would that have been more "bashing"? Assuming that you are being accurate and truthful, I still fail to see how that "puts down" GLP...
The new policy you mention they implemented is either good or bad based on ones opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am also being followed. I reported them for spam, and blocked them.

it is both creepy and laughable that they need to do this when they hate ats.

edit on 18-9-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'll jump on the bandwagon and say, yeah, they're following me too.

As I've said before on a different subject, they can do what they like. I have a boring life, which is posted on twitter in an equally mediocre way.

They should just be lucky I don't have more than 140 characters per post

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
For those concerned about possible nefarious intent, I very-much doubt there -- in fact, am certain -- there is no digging into ATS member IP addresses. If you've followed ATS, your Twitter username is available to be discovered by other logged-in users of Twitter.

HOWEVER: Payback Is Possible

If this follow-spamming is bothering you, simple tweet, or re-tweet off the ATS Twitter page, as many ATS threads as you like. Since they're following you, all those ATS threads will be appearing in their Twitter feed. After a brief time, of discovering what's going on, I'm sure you'll be removed from their followers.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
that is simply an outstanding sollution!!
&

ATS is the _____

thanks SkepticO,
et

edit on 19-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because:
to add something

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
You have uncovered the real truth: ATS and GLP are one in the same (gasp!!)
and are BOTH Gov. special ops projects designed for surveillance

Why do you think they call it a "WEB"??? The S.P.Y. der is closing in.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
GLP recently started to follow me on twitter. They were the second random follower I had. Since GLP started to follow me I have received two more followers.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What is up with all this "tweetering" and "twittering" stuff? Sounds like silly kids games to me... people 'following' you? Well if they were really after you look out the window for the black vans.

The whole thing is silly anyway... adding ATS to Digg, Twitter, Facebook etc.... isn't it really just a marketing tool to draw more attention to ATS?

I never had a twitter account... but I did have a facebook account. Deleted that as too many people on ATS already know my real name and many of my contacts are on FB. I really don't need some rabid debunker hassling my friends. Yeah some do, we had two that even got personal phone numbers and actually called. One was just a nuisance, the other actually made threats. Fortunately the person he harassed had errr 'connections' that took care of it

I see people saying 'paranoia" but those people also forget that some people on ATS have more at stake than those that just view the material.

So yeah its a concern... and GLP... already had an issue with them a couple years back

As to 'bashing' I don't see how this is bashing... THEY instigated this action, seems only fair that we discuss their intent

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The whole thing is silly anyway... adding ATS to Digg, Twitter, Facebook etc.... isn't it really just a marketing tool to draw more attention to ATS?

A tool for such things... yes. Marketing? Not really.

If you noticed, the DIGG widget is long-gone from ATS threads ever since it became clear they were tracking the pages upon which it appears. Which is the same reason we don't have "Facebook like" buttons on threads (even though we've had lots of requests for it).

These real-time "what I'm doing now" tools are generally something not grokked by those under 30 (and those under 30 have no concept of "grok" for that matter). However, there is value is reaching out to segments of the online audience who may not normally be aware of what ATS members are saying... and that's the rather simple intent.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
GLP tryied to follow me, but I deleted the request and denounced them for spam.
I'm a paranoid and I use twitter... my tweets are protected so only the people I want to follow me, can read them. If I don't follow you, you can't read my things too.
I follow ATS, but even if it wasn't a bot, they can't read my tweets

Works wonders.
I'd love to have more ATS friends on twitter, but I have just one, a chilean guy that I discovered on Tumblr because he posted a page of Mr. Mask's comic.
My FB, Twitter, tumblr and ATS accounts doesn't have anything in common too, three different email acounts and the like.
You can be tech and hipster without stopping being a paranoid

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join