It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with Godlike Productions suddenly following me on Twitter? (UPDATE)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What bothers me is how many ATS'ers tweet and facebook. Conspiracy theorists are paranoid
and careful....No tweeting, no linking, no facebook, no cookies.

You have to hijack your wireless from a neighbor and use second-hand laptop.

There are RULES to follow people. Now delete those accounts soldier and man the
bank of surveillance monitors...stay alert!!

edit on 16-9-2010 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Nope.
I do a full clean of internet tracks, cookies, junk files, and cache 3-4 times a day. I don't think it is that--unless you are saying that one tracking cookie evaded cleaning for over a year then popped up and GLP searched for me and my accounts.

edit on 9/16/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Funny to find this thread here... I got followed by GLP on Twitter today, too. I thought it seemed kind of odd... and then seeing this thread makes it queerer and queerer still! Cointelpro, anyone?

Blocked and reported as spam

edit on 16-9-2010 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

No, it wasn't cookies. Americandingbat is correct. GLP simply went to ATS followers and added them. It's very simple to do. Simply block them in your list and they will not be able to continue to follow anymore. Or, if one doesn't use the twitter account, delete it and be done with it. No mystery here, me'thinks...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

This thread is about what another forum (or whole site) is doing OUTSIDE of said site, not about the site itself.
Not about bashing or other gossip....only genuine concern for privacy.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
GLP is not following me , but some other conspiracy site I've never heard of USAhitman.com is. Hmm.... I guess i will quit following ats on twitter. twitter is dumb anyway er, i mean i never use it.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Some of us do pretend to have normal lives in order to balance out the negativity that comes along with many of the nefarious topics we discuss here.

Besides... the NSA required all ISPs to install packet sniffers at their NOCs back in October 2007. If they want to track me, they can. Period. Regardless of my digital vigilance.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Hello all. This morning I logged on to check my emails, as usual. In my inbox was a message from Twitter saying that Godlike Productions was now following me.

Godlike Productions (@glptweets) is now following your tweets (@Chamberf_6) on Twitter. Godlike Productions @glptweets 205 509 222 tweets following followers You do not follow Godlike Productions. What's Next?
• Find out more about Godlike Productions on @glptweets's profile page.
• Send Godlike Productions an @ reply.
• Send Godlike Productions a direct message.

My question is WHY? I have only gone to its site once, and that was enough for me. I found it to be a pretty crap site--no style, nothing near the T & C as ATS, and such a difference in quality that compared to ATS it's like a chunk of feces floating on the net.
How did GLP learn of me to even follow me on Twitter? I can only guess of course, but I think it may be since I follow ATS on Twitter.
Are they trying to lure me away from ATS to them? Are they trying to discretely keep up with the topics on ATS, so that they can improve THEIR content?

Has this happened to anyone else?
Any ideas why they would even want to follow ME on Twitter? I am the first to admit that I am not the brightest star in the sky of ATS by a long shot...
So again, WHY?

To be honest I'd rather that they didn't follow me and that they would forget who I am and leave me alone...

edit on 9/16/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

It's a social media tactic used in internet marketing. FOLLOW people who you think would enjoy your content, related subjects, in hoped they follow you back. Some of my marketing campaign I have spent hours "following' groups of people I have never seen post. It's kind of spammy, but it's an exploit of Twitter because they have a shoddy relevancy system.

I doubt anyone is 'stalking' you. It's just marketing tactics you're seeing. Harmless.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Actually, strangely enough...me too. This morning too I noticed the same thing. They are following me on twitter but I thought nothing of it. I will have to check it out a bit more thoroughly. I'm on the mobile now but will look asap. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

The same here, they started following me 2 days ago. At that stage GLP was my first follower. Shortly after that the Met Service started to follow me as well. So now I've got two followers - the only other follower that I had was a lady spammer looking for friendship, but she removed herself very quickly after she's seen my picture

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
it is weird i must say the least, whats your username on GLP if you dont mind me asking?

i doubt it would be a marketing strategy. i think there is a possibility they were following you based on your username.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

I doubt it. I still believe they are simply adding those who have added themselves to ATS. It's a very easy tactic and if it's true that they've already added 300+ people today, than it makes this even more plausible. Besides, my personal experience is that I have never even been to that site, let alone posted on it and I was one that GLP added. My username on Twitter is not the same as ATS, either. Don't over think it, it's simply an easy advertising/marketing/getting the name out ploy on Twitter. It's easily generated by type of content users are following. Example: last year I wrote something about Speak Like a Pirate Day on Twitter, can't even remember the comment as I barely ever access the account. However, the word Pirate was tagged and shortly after that, I picked up followers that had something to do with that theme. All of this is very easy to avoid. Block them. End of story, they can no longer follow you.

edit on 17-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

Really, it has nothing to do with your username on GLP or ATS and everything to do with being on the publicly-available list of ATS Twitter followers.

I've never had an account on GLP, but they started following my Twitter today too.

They just went down the list of ATS Twitter followers and hit the "follow" icon. It's not spam, it's subscribing to your Twitter feed. If you don't want them to subscribe, you can block them from following you.

I think it's perfectly possible that there was some malevolent glee in the action, since there's bad blood between GLP and ATS going a long way back. But mostly it's just a marketing ploy, as has been explained in the thread.

How do you build a Twitter followers list? One way is to find people who you think might be interested in following you and follow them. They'll get the notification that they're being followed, and some percent of them will check you out. If you've identified a like-minded group, some number of those who check you out will in fact be interested in what you're posting and will choose to follow you in return.

I don't like GLP personally, but I can certainly see why they would identify "people who follow ATS on Twitter" as a group who would be more likely than average to follow GLP on Twitter.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't suppose anyone has pointed out that over at GLP any links to ATS are AUTO-BANNED. They HATE ATS there. So if this is occurring and they are trying to lure ATSers over there, OHHHHH the hypocrisy.

Yes, of course I have been to GLP. It's where all the no-lifes without brains go. When I want to have no brains and swear at the first doomtard I see, I go to GLP. They pin threads by Faal at that place: The Ultimate no-no. :shk:

1 in 1000 posts are worth reading there. At least here it's more like 1 in 999.
We win!

YAY, FORUM BASHING! THIS IS FUN!!!! LET'S BASH SOME MORE!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

GLP IS AN INTELLIGENCE GATHERING OPERATION!

Trust me, there is all the evidence you would ever need to substantiate those claims, do a little researching, that place is not to be trusted at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The common denomiator appears to be having a Twitter account, then visiting GLP. I don't have a Twitter account, but have checked out GLP, not joined, but have Facebook, and perhaps it is your IP address that registers.

I visited a site one day (which one?) and as it loaded, I also saw, a notice pop up that a visitor from "my city" just arrived. it must be the IP as I am from a small city in Canada.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I signed up for a Twitter account only to get the points needed to join RATS and have never used it since. Not sure if that means anything, just saying, but they have yet to pick me up and follow me.

Maybe, since I don't actually use the Twitter account, I am not interesting enough. I don't visit GLP and have no need to, since I have ATS. I'm too inconsequential for them to even bother to follow me. Cool by me.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Maybe...

Yes?

edit on 17-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I got barred from GLP a long time ago so it looks like I wont be hearing from them soon!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join