It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia brings "toys" to Mexico.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So Mexico is celebrating it's 200 year independence today and around 16 nations are taking part in the military parade including the United States, Germany, and the Russian Federation. There are reports of a Russian military heavy aircraft to have landed in a Mexican Military base. That much is true and I suppose other nations landed there as well. But further reports say that on board the plane was a fighter jet possibly Su-27 and some sort of land-based armored vehicle were unloaded from the plane. There has been reports of Mexico wanting to purchase F-16 fighters and F-18 but it appears the Russians want a piece of the pie. I'll post some pictures if I find any.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

Any links to this in the media ?
Thanks 3vilscript

======================
This is all i could find with a quick search.....

Russian soldiers are to take part in a military parade in Mexico, which is being held on Thursday on the occasion of the Mexico Independence Day. The Russian armed forces will be represented at the parade by 36 soldiers from guard of honor alongside with military units of 17 other countries.

source

edit on 16-9-2010 by UmbraSumus because: To add link

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Uh oh, is this going to be something like Red Dawn all over?

Just saying!!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by 3vilscript

Any links to this in the media ?
Thanks 3vilscript

======================
This is all i could find with a quick search.....

Russian soldiers are to take part in a military parade in Mexico, which is being held on Thursday on the occasion of the Mexico Independence Day. The Russian armed forces will be represented at the parade by 36 soldiers from guard of honor alongside with military units of 17 other countries.

source

edit on 16-9-2010 by UmbraSumus because: To add link

Sorry, no source other than one of my relatives who lives in Mexico. Sadly I could not attend the parade myself cause I have class later today. But I did find a stream of it and watched it. I hope to see some news about it soon. As of now it's only a rumor, but Mexico has some money to spend and they've bought some French helis already 2 of which have been delivered.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I still have not found anything on the original post except a report that Russia will aid Mexico with the war on drugs by giving "training and equipment." The report is from February of this year.

Since this is the Weaponry forum, I'll post links to the full parade that took place yesterday in which 17 other nations took part in the marching. Including Germany, France, Russia, China, and USA.

The foreign troops start their march at around the 35 minute mark of the first video. By the way the videos are in Spanish, but the woman reporter is incompetent anyway.

edit on 9/17/2010 by 3vilscript because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Question: Why did people from other countries march in the parade?

Answer: All the Mexicans are in the United States.

new topics

top topics

join