It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Powerful Coalition That Wants To Engineer The World's Climate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The Powerful Coalition That Wants To Engineer The World's Climate

www.guardian.co.uk

Now, a powerful coalition of forces is quietly constellating around the idea of transforming the Earth's atmosphere by simulating volcanic eruptions to counter the warming effects...Engineering the planet's climate system is attracting the attention of scientists, scientific societies, venture capitalists...think tanks. Despite the enormity of what is being proposed nothing less than taking control of Earth's climate system the public has been almost entirely excluded from the planning.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
royalsociety.org
www.pnas.org
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
G. Edward Griffin Goes On Record in Video About Chemtrails Conspiracy

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Global Dimming,
Enhanced Dimming,
Solar Radiation Management,
just a few new terms to consider.

From the OP article:

But the option that is taken most seriously is altogether grander in conception and scale. The scheme proposes nothing less than the transformation of the chemical composition of the Earth's atmosphere so that humans can regulate the temperature of the planet as desired. Like volcanic eruptions, it involves injecting sulphur dioxide gas into the stratosphere to blanket the Earth with tiny particles that reflect solar radiation.

Various schemes have been proposed, with the most promising being adaptation of high-flying aircraft fitted with extra tanks and nozzles to spray the chemicals. A fleet of 747s could do the job.

Adaptation of high-flying aircraft fitted with extra tanks and nozzles to spray chemicals? Wow, does that sound really familiar!

And just who is this powerful coaliton?

None other than The Royal Society!

Oh, and heres the really interesting part...they have issued an ultimatum of sorts...

Stop emitting CO2 or geoengineering could be our only hope
royalsociety.org...

Well, at least for now you have the option of making your thoughts known, before they start this geoengineering master plan.

You, yes you are invited to participate in the social experiment!

Visit the website, and let them know how you feel about modified 747 airplanes fitted with tanks, that would spray chemicals from the air.

The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) is carrying out a public dialogue on geoengineering to assess public opinion on how future research relating to the subject should be directed, conducted and communicated. If you would like to take part in the dialogue the following link will take you to an online survey about geoengineering.

geoengineering.dialoguebydesign.net...

royalsociety.org...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The online survey closed on 12th April 2010 but you can now view the responses and the summary report of the online survey, and the main report of the Public Dialogue on Geoengineering.

While I can't say that anything I could have added to the debate would have had any impact, I was disappointed that I missed the chance.....

Well, this is something to watch. Especially since a case can be made that this is a purely cosmetic PR job to help the eventuality that they may already be well on their way towards applying their science to the problem of climate change.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I guess I am really behind the times. All my life I have suffered under the delusion that CO2 was a good thing that plants need to survive. When did this change, how did I miss it?
How could adding sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere be a good thing?
I'm confused and feel like I'm being hoodwinked!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thank you much for the update on the survey! I was on my way...oh well. I did want them to know my thoughts as well!
It is Orwellian to read the entire article, my mind spins.

At the end of the article, it mentions the "terminaton problem". That would be that when they have been carrying this scheme out for a while, if they stopped suddenly, the effect would be global warming escalated.

Adding another link here from the OP

2.4.2 Geo-engineering

‘Geo-engineering’ is a term used to describe ‘technological efforts to stabilize the climate system by direct intervention in the energy balance of the earth’ (IPCC 2007b: 815).

A range of geo-engineering proposals have been put forward, including:

•the release of aerosols into the stratosphere to scatter incoming sunlight (Crutzen 2006)
•cloud seeding through the artificial generation of micro-meter sized seawater droplets (Bower et al. 2006)
•fertilisation of the ocean with iron and nitrogen to increase carbon sequestration (Buesseler & Boyd 2003)
•changes in land use to increase the albedo (reflectivity) of the earth’s surface (Hamwey 2005).

www.garnautreview.org.au...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xizd1
I guess I am really behind the times. All my life I have suffered under the delusion that CO2 was a good thing that plants need to survive. When did this change, how did I miss it?
How could adding sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere be a good thing?
I'm confused and feel like I'm being hoodwinked!

Maybe CO2 stopped being a good thing when we deforested the rainforests and polluted the oceans so half the plankton died off. But hey... big industry must have their resources.... err... I mean money.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Great Find S&F...

Now, The Un and IPCC will brainwash the sheep to think it nesseccery and the sheep must accept higher taXes since this cost quite a bundle and people that have lied about the chemtrails and those who didnt believe in them will say : Nah, it is just terraforming (Same thing ) and they are doing it for you and me, stop whinning...

.. These people are maniacs, must be stopped, I have not been asked nor have I agreed to this 'soft metal' slow kill operations either.....

I have said it a long time, when the pressure on the Chemtrails becomes to great, they will Lie and say it is to battle globalWarming... Liars the bunch of them...

I also noticed they used an 'Chembow around the Sun' photo...

edit on 16/9/2010 by ChemBreather because: Grammar, what else

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It's just funny to me that we as humans truly believe that we can control something as dynamic and energetic as our atmosphere at this stage in our development. How can we expect to control a force of nature that we don't truly have the utmost respect for?

Our arrogance knows no bounds. I just hope we don't make things worse like we always do.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

From the the perspective of The Royal Society and the master plan they have of Global Climate Control, it appears that CO2 is a buzz word, and as with Climategate, is used to scare a naive public.

In one of the downloads from The Royal Society, they have a paper, pdf format in which they lead up to a
"Global Deal".

Under the Heading of Downloads, choose Challenge, Context, Cost, Benefits

Emissions targets
•Involvement of developing countries in mitigation and trading
•International emissions trading –cap and trading (generates financial flows to developing countries)
•Financing emissions reductions from deforestation
•Technology (existing, near-commercial, breakthrough)
•Adaptation
•Implementation and institutions
royalsociety.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

S&F

...and I agree with Maxmar - most likely, they're already doing it.

When will they ever learn? The fools.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

It is interesting, is it not that ClimateGate proved them all liars. I have looked at many of these PDF's in the data base already, it is the same old garbage. Cap and Trade so that the smaller poor nations can have Global Dimming when they cant afford it! Its absolutely sick. They use all of the fabricated numbers that were exposed during ClimateGate.

Maybe they have decided that that since ClimateGate, they will just try another avenue. Like trusting that the general public is so naive, so unlearned that they can dupe us into thinking we must accept mans superior alternate universe.
Permanent White Skys, and the toxic air?

This must be stopped.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

It is interesting, is it not that ClimateGate proved them all liars. I have looked at many of these PDF's in the data base already, it is the same old garbage. Cap and Trade so that the smaller poor nations can have Global Dimming when they cant afford it! Its absolutely sick. They use all of the fabricated numbers that were exposed during ClimateGate.

Maybe they have decided that that since ClimateGate, they will just try another avenue. Like trusting that the general public is so naive, so unlearned that they can dupe us into thinking we must accept mans superior alternate universe.
Permanent White Skys, and the toxic air?

This must be stopped.

Yes, Grey silvery skies , yukk... This comment should peel open your eyes though :

Wood is right: there is no law against a private individual attempting to take control of the Earth's climate.

What the heck kind of thinking is that ?? No Law ? It belongs to every living thing here, and is not up for grabs,man...You see how dangerous these people are ..

Cheeses......

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

S&F

...and I agree with Maxmar - most likely, they're already doing it.

When will they ever learn? The fools.

And I agree with both of you as well! Yes, unfortunately for us, and as pointed out by ChemBreather,
It seems their mantra is "Its not against the law".

Unfathomable, really.

I will never look at the sky the same,
I will always be looking for a blue sky.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Yes, Grey silvery skies , yukk... This comment should peel open your eyes though :

Wood is right: there is no law against a private individual attempting to take control of the Earth's climate.

What the heck kind of thinking is that ?? No Law ? It belongs to every living thing here, and is not up for grabs,man...You see how dangerous these people are ..

Dangerous thinking, indeed. Maybe they have decided that they can dupe the younger generation, and just force it on the majority of adults? Really, afterall, who are we to object?

They are truely maniacal!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Dangerous thinking, indeed. Maybe they have decided that they can dupe the younger generation, and just force it on the majority of adults? Really, afterall, who are we to object?

They are truely maniacal!

Jess, Agenda 21 , to steal a generation of children, indoctrinate them so they will be suited for the New Global Village..

The adults ? The Dissents ? Hey, what happend during the Cruades thousands of years ago ?
Some say this, some say that, I think they killed of Dissent and Anti-Global Warmers.....It is an stall tactic, has nothing to to with saving anything..

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
you know what sucks, they are going to get away with this...we are all screwed..check out this propaganda...creepy!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-9-2010 by logicalthinking because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Agenda21, yep.
Just take a look at this video out by Greenpeace, this is what the children are taught. They think they need White Skys...

above top secret thread by logicalthinking

So they have to put a new spin on "Global Warming" now, as ClimateGate kind of messed that up. It is now
"global climate distruption".

Eric Scheiner
CNS News
Sept 16, 2010

John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, says that the term “global warming” is “a dangerous misnomer” that should be replaced with “global climate disruption.”

At the Environmental Protection Agency’s 40th celebration of the Clean Air Act on Tuesday, Holdren said, “I think one of the failures of the scientific community was in embracing the term ‘global warming’. Global warming is in fact a dangerous misnomer.” And in a speech last week in Norway, echoing remarks he made at a 2007 speech at Harvard University, Holdren said the term ”global climate disruption” should be used instead of “global warming.”
source

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

Nice addition to the thread, thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chart, we have from one of the studies endorsed by The Royal Society.

It shows evaluation from 12 different methods of geoengineering.
One of them, entitled Stratospheric Aerosols really caught my eye.
Wow, does that sound familiar!

And how about Space Reflectors? Wow...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ea4a89e95f9.png[/atsimg]

Stratoshperic Aerosols? I think Zorgons thread should be taken out of Skunkworks.

Displaying estimated effectiveness versus "safety" for twelve geoengineering approaches. Based on data in the Royal Society Geoengineering the climate report -
2020science.org...

edit on 16-9-2010 by burntheships because: resize chart

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

It is interesting, is it not that ClimateGate proved them all liars. I have looked at many of these PDF's in the data base already, it is the same old garbage. Cap and Trade so that the smaller poor nations can have Global Dimming when they cant afford it! Its absolutely sick. They use all of the fabricated numbers that were exposed during ClimateGate. ...

FYI - Climategate was pure bull...

...a handful of selected emails were taken out of context by a number of climate-denier organizations. These organizations, many part of the Koch Web, claim the emails prove a “conspiracy” of scientists and cast doubt on the scientific consensus on human-caused climate change.

This incident, dubbed "ClimateGate" by climate-denier groups, has been distorted and repeated many times by conservative media and blogs since late November 2009. Twenty organizations, roughly half of the Koch-funded groups profiled in this report, have contributed to the "ClimateGate" echo chamber. Among the most vocal groups are organizations that received over $1,000,000 from Koch foundations since 2005, including Americans for Prosperity, the Heritage Foundation, and the Cato Institute.

Also see:
* Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine
* Oil Tycoons Caught Sneaking Millions to Groups Spreading Climate Change Doubt

The problem with the 'climate change movement' was that it threatened to depose Big Oil's Big Boyz and worst of all, threatened their profit margins. Admittedly, cap-and-trade was NOT a solution - but it was the only one that Big Oil's Big Boyz would allow. ...and then of course, they appropriated it. When they were ready. Which they now are.

So "Climategate" was just a coup - it allowed the Big Oil Big Boyz to take over the $$$, and now they're selling some of the same "solutions" with different backers - aka distributing the wealth differently - and with a new focus on climate engineering (aka really big $$$)...

Most likely, "Climategate" was engineered to buy time for the Big Oil faction of the Big Boyz Club to take over.

But...

The Big Boyz Club is not to be confused with the Old Boyz Network, as represented by the Royal Society.

Granted, it appears that it's the Royal Society's that's pushing ]geoengineering. But these guys are always arm-wrestling - we get to feel the results of their negotiations and their coups, but we don't get to play.

All is never as it seems...

...populist anger is encouraged by a network of conservative think tanks funded, in part, by Big Carbon. These links, which have been heavily documented, are close enough to provoke the Royal Society to take the unprecedented step of writing to Exxon Mobil asking the company to desist from funding anti-science groups.

Feints within feints, or what?

Still, it all hangs together and the rich do get richer. What I find most interesting...

The Royal Society is also behind some serious social engineering dedicated to Population Control and Population Reduction, under the Eugenics banner:

Why is Royal Society hosting pro-eugenics conference?

...promoted the view that politics should be guided by eugenics and by a genetically superior elite. The selling of eugenics in Sweden is an example of the co-production of science and social order.

© 2010 The Royal Society

Royal Society to “study” population growth – can you say “Eugenics”?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Gross indeed! They started "teaching" our kids years ago.
Check out this link: science-edu.larc.nasa.gov...

Also just to mention it since we're on the topic, I only started to notice chemtrails in 2000. It think originally, the cloud seeding operations started with silver particles in the 60's, but not very sure on the details. What they are using now is aluminum, etc. There are many reports about aluminum and fluoride causing Alzheimer's... go figure....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join