It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin prosecutor 'sexted' domestic abuse victim: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Wisconsin prosecutor 'sexted' domestic abuse victim: report

www.rawstory.com

A prominent Wisconsin district attorney sent repeated text messages trying to spark an affair with a domestic abuse victim while he was prosecuting her ex-boyfriend, a police report shows.

The 26-year-old woman complained last year to police after receiving 30 texts from Calumet County District Attorney Kenneth Kratz in three days, according to the report obtained by The Associated Press.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

In a combative interview in his office Wednesday, Kratz did not deny sending the messages and expressed concern their publication would unfairly embarrass him personally and professionally. He said the Office of Lawyer Regulation had found he did not violate any rules governing attorney misconduct. That office cannot comment on investigations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This makes me sick to my stomach, knowing that he was probably prosecuting the man, just to have an affair with this woman. Sadly, I'm sure this kind of thing happens all of the time.

We no longer really have a justice system, as opposed to an "injustice system". When a prosecutor can do this and get away with it, then something is obviously broken. Luckily, this young lady came forward but I'm sure that she is the exception, not the rule.

Think about it... A woman wants to "get back" at her husband for whatever reason or maybe she wants a divorce and to get a nice little nest-egg with that divorce. She could have just as easily lead this charachter on and got him to trump up charges or apply charges that shouldn't have materialized in the first place. I applaud this young lady for doing the right thing, if in fact what she says is true.

It's pretty scary that a man can easily loose not only his freedom, money and reputation but also his livelihood on the actions of a lawyer and that this behavior isn't even seen as bad, according to the law. If our [in]justice system is so flimsy that something like this can happen and without recourse, then that should speak volumes for how faulty the whole justice structure is.

You know, less than 1000 years ago you can land yourself chained to a wall in a dungeon, just for speaking ill of a nobleman, so while our justice system has improved a little, it is nowhere even close to being just and/or fair. I suspect it will take another 1000 years or so before we see any kind of improvement that makes such a system even resemble "fair".

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Wow and they say it's not attourney misconduct.............how messed up is that? I'm glad the woman at least played it straight and reported the guy. I do find it funny that the attourney is worried aabout being embarressed.........shouldn't he be?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Should had been sacked and I've got a feeling this aint over yet!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This poor guy who is being prosecuted will probably be the real loser in all of this. He most likely won't be able to use this prosecutor's antics in court for his defense, seeing how the lawyer did nothing illegal and just to save face, the prosecutor will probably drive on and keep the case as hard as ever. To let the guy go, would be to admit he was prosecuting him in the first place just to have at the affair.

Whether the husband is guilty or not, I have no idea, however I do think the whole case is now tainted and he should be allowed off the hook. Sadly, our injustice system isn't that fair so it's highly unlikely. The accused should always get the benefit of the doubt, as it better to allow 10 criminals to go free, than to imprison just one innocent person.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join