It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A question for Freemasons...

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What is the purpose and meaning of big corporations using masonic symbols on their logos and publicities???

Think of AOL, Fidelity Investments, Alliance Atlantis Vivafilm, New Line Pictures and so on... their official logos are all closely reminiscent of the "All Seeing Eye". Here in Canada there`s also a few big companies that display that sign publicly... even the last company that I've worked for printed the symbol of the illumiating pyramid on each page of a training manual, and on the name tags that employees put on their desks!

What`s all this game about? Is it because the big bosses into these companies are masons and they use that to... tell their "brothers" in a symbolic way with whom they should do business? Please don't tell me it`s just somekind of tradition that has no meaning, or that they do this jsut for the fun of showing their colours, in a subtile way. There HAS to be a specific and serious purpose for that... but what is it?




posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   


There HAS to be a specific and serious purpose for that... but what is it?
Why? Because you think there HAS to be? There is more often then not a very simple answer to these things, but you don't want that, you don't want the truth, you want your beliefs to be validated.

Ask a real question, and one that we would know. No way for any of us to know why these companies chose their logos for, unless ofcourse we know the owners or were part of the logo design process. You'd also have to know if the original owners that designed the logo were Masons. You'd also have to know if they meant it to mean something, or if their designer just gave them the design and they liked it. I do graphic design, and I often look to egyptian, masonic, christian, pegan, ect... symbols, for design ideas. And guess what, I'm not involved with any of those groups (well I'm getting into masonry now, but wasn't when I was doing graphic designing). *gasp* is it possible people that aren't in those groups, and don't believe in those religions can still use their symbols?



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
as i recall one of the first "modern" companies to use the EYE was the
Pinkerton Agency. there is a school of thought that says it is from that
that the term private eye derives. maybe.



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
What is the purpose and meaning of big corporations using masonic symbols on their logos and publicities???

Think of AOL, Fidelity Investments, Alliance Atlantis Vivafilm, New Line Pictures and so on... their official logos are all closely reminiscent of the "All Seeing Eye". Here in Canada there`s also a few big companies that display that sign publicly.


The Pyramid and "All Seeing Eye" together is not a Masonic symbol, this is yet another misconception by conspiracy theorists. Since overt use of Masonic symbols or the association of a business to a Masonic Order is expressly forbidden, and could lead to trial and expulsion, not to mention the extremely limited market share of the Masonic community (5 million worldwide?).



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
What is the purpose and meaning of big corporations using masonic symbols on their logos and publicities???


None of those logos are Masonic symbols.

Fiat Lvx.



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com... click for picture yes they do use symbology and especially in company logo's mostly though very difficult to spot for the 'profane' but easy for the 'adepts' a bit like a secret language and a tradition, though as the person asked at the top of page some logo's are very obvious be it masonic or other secret society it is a clue sometimes to which secret society owns the particular company, depending on the logo as masonic light said above.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ThePunisher]

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ThePunisher]

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ThePunisher]



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
as i see you mentioned the eye this is a masonic symbol, as is the pyramid.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ThePunisher]



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Darkaton, this IS a real question I've asked, a question that anyone would be able to answer (ThePunisher got it right, why did'nt you?). If you don't wanna help me on that, just say so, or don't post. Masonight Light, I wrote in my post that these logos that I'm referring to are SIMILAR, REMINISCENT to the symbol of the All Seeing Eye, not that they are a carbon copy of the ones that you'll find in your local lodge. The one for Fidelity Investments is the most obvious of them (look on their UK or Canadian site), actually. If you don't see any similarity with their logo and the Eye of Horus, then I frankly don't know how you recognize yourself in the mirror each morning!

I've asked a real and simple question -which is about the purpose for Freemasons to publicly use masonic symbols such as this one as corporate logos- and I'd like to have a real answer if you please. "I don't know" counts for a valid answer...



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePunisher
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com... click for picture yes they do use symbology and especially in company logo's mostly though very difficult to spot for the 'profane' but easy for the 'adepts' a bit like a secret language and a tradition, though as the person asked at the top of page some logo's are very obvious be it masonic or other secret society it is a clue sometimes to which secret society owns the particular company, depending on the logo as masonic light said above.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ThePunisher][edit on 23-6-2004 by ThePunisher]

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ThePunisher]
What does that have to do with company logos? Adepts? hahah thats a good one. Crazy people think they really hear voices that we can't hear. Are the voices there, are we just deaf to them? Nope, their just crazy.



[edit on 23-6-2004 by Darktalon]



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

I've asked a real and simple question -which is about the purpose for Freemasons to publicly use masonic symbols such as this one as corporate logos- and I'd like to have a real answer if you please. "I don't know" counts for a valid answer...


There is no purpose, because there is no use, this may be hard to accept but that is the reality. How can you address the use of a controversial(?) symbol that could appeal to so few potential consumers. This is far from rational, the likelihood of Masonic leadership of these companies is negligible.



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePunisher
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com... click for picture yes they do use symbology and especially in company logo's mostly though very difficult to spot for the 'profane' but easy for the 'adepts' a bit like a secret language and a tradition, though as the person asked at the top of page some logo's are very obvious be it masonic or other secret society it is a clue sometimes to which secret society owns the particular company, depending on the logo as masonic light said above.



I have to agree with Darktalon here, Punisher. What on God's green earth does that picture have to do with company logos? Honestly, I am having a hard time with this. Symbols can mean different things to different people. It's all a matter of interpretation. If people insist on misinterpreting information, at least they should make it pertinent to the topic being discussed, don't you think? Just my two pennies.



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There is nothing to see here people ... just keep moving ... nothing is going on ... everything is good .... nothing means anything .... its all up to interpretation ...



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLMGITNHFTWS
There is nothing to see here people ... just keep moving ... nothing is going on ... everything is good .... nothing means anything .... its all up to interpretation ...



An extraordinarily intelligent and well articulated post my good man.



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
the picture i posted was a example of how symbology is used, symbology is one of the most important aspects of secret societies.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ThePunisher]

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ThePunisher]



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No one every said they didn't use Symbolism, they know they do, we know they do, thats not a secret.

But your picture, which you can do in any town, has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by Darktalon]



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
One entry found for symbology.


Main Entry: symbology
Pronunciation: sim-'b-l&-jE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
Etymology: symbol + -logy
1 : the art of expression by symbols
2 : the study or interpretation of symbols
3 : a system of symbols ----------------------------------- (to your post above before you edited it away, exactly i had not got my terming wrong!)



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePunisher
the picture i posted was a example of how symbology is used, symbology is one of the most important aspects of secret societies.


I am certain that it is, but still - what relevance does a layout of an area of DC have to do with Masonic symbols in corporate logos? I just don't see the relation, dude, sorry. I'm tryin', honest I am.



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i used the picture of the street layout to show you it is done, as to start with the posts being put were that it was just design students having fun etc.



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Actually thats how I erased it, I was correcty myself and providing a link to Websters. Saying you were right in using it that way. And apologized for correcting you.

Your picture still doesn't pertain to the topic at hand though



posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePunisher
i used the picture of the street layout to show you it is done, as to start with the posts being put were that it was just design students having fun etc.
How the hell does that have anything to do with Logos for companies. Most logos ARE graphic designers having fun, and being creative, you picture doesn't prove squat. It is lines conecting points in a city, not exactly symbol design, and I repeat you can do that in EVERY city ever made.

And I also said, as a graphic designer I looked to other acient symbols for insperation. So does every other designer I know, and I know a lot. It IS what we do, it doesn't make the company egyptian if we use a pyramid, were talking about some very basic and aesthetically correct objects, which are always the best to base designs off.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by Darktalon]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join