It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope warns of "atheist extremism" on visit to Britain

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Maybe "atheist extremism" is gonna be the next threat to a freedoms by the TPTB and MSM
He has just basicly singled atheists out as potential terrorists of the future. So every person from now on who is not part of the goverment click is a potential terrorist in the eyes of TPTB. It doesnt matter if your a muslim catholic protestant mormon and now atheists are on the Terror list. No one or group is safe from the label of Terrorist.

Wont be long before an atheist gets on a plane and some of the passengers say oh # we have and atheist on the plane.

How can you tell if someone is an athiest ? you cant! you can only tell who isnt an atheist.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Oh no, the secrets out.

I'm an Athiest. Actually I got thrown out because I would be
a part of their Pedo-Club. And now I have this desire to go
around blowing up Churches. Damn you Jesus Lovers.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
absolutely great! can't agree more. imagine i live in a country where we pay everything to the roman church: they are more hungry than her majesty the queen of england!

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Aggressive atheism = Atheists who don't want to foot the bill in taxes for the popes visit.
What barbaric extremists!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
How does non-belief in something cause a person to become extreme?

How does one become fanatical if there's nothing to be fanatical about?

I believe in God, so I'm not defending my own here. This premise just doesn't make any sense. It's like the Pope's been reading Sarah Palin's Facebook page or something.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I would like to see some examples of extreme atheist activity in the UK, I've never heard of any, so if someone has some evidence i'd like to see it.

Is Peter Thatchell atheists no.1 extremest? Hardly a danger really is he.

I know man, I find the term absolutely hilarious.

Religious Extremism means blowing people up and killing abortion doctors and other savage and barbaric acts.

Seriously.... what the HELL is Atheist Extremism?

Putting some signs up on a bus?

Campaigning alongside abuse victims in protest of the pope's handling of the Paedophile scandal?

Protest

As I said in my OP I find it odd and hypocritical that this moron decided to attack Atheists....

edit on 17/9/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

If the pope truly was a religious man and the representative of god on earth , he would have publicly stated to the world that those responisble for child abuse within the catholic faith would be brought to justice and tried for their crimes against the abused and the catholic faith.

However he hasnt so ....... go figure

Just out of curiosity WTF is atheist exremism ! What can an atheist take to the extreme?
its not a pepsi max advert is it ?

Stop defending the pope and his cash cow religion , stop spreading the word of evil murderous catholicism as it struggles to grasp the minds and hearts of the new age

Catholicism is dead and this is its horrid weezy death rattle !

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Breaking: 5 men aged 26-50 have been arrested by Counter Terrorism Command in an armed operation. Policing arrangements for the Papal visit were reviewed but were deemed satisfactory.

...Maybe THIS is atheist extremism.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Dont know if anyone else has notice,but the christians are the aggressive one's in this conversation,just because i'm turn to atheism,on my own freewill,after reading all religious faction's across the globe,and coming to the conclusion,their not for me,as i dont need a god to motivate me in my life,infact i truly believe atheists live a far more morale life then most religious people.

"The fool hath said... in his heart,(there is no God). They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." according to John 3:18-19.

(the greatest thinkers and inventors are atheists)FACT!

AND HOW DARE YOU! look down on me when you worship all seeing all knowing all powerfull god,who makes faulty beings,and then blames them for it,with threats of eternal fire..like WTF..to me god must be a comedian with a strange sense of humour.

so forgive me for being deeply critical of your beliefs,and out of all the pope's,this Ratzinger,has to be the most controversial,of all,considering his history.
you will see he had a involvement in the cover up of murder,plus protecting pedos,across the globe
www.abovetopsecret.com...

also another good read with plenty of fact's is this site,it also gives the connection the vatican has to the NWO!
www.benedict16excommunicated.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
"The clown can say what he likes, he's still an ex-NAZI youth, kiddy fiddler and assassin (John Paul 1st) appeaser in a dress..."

"Does anyone really care what the paedophile loving, bigoted anti-christ thinks?"

"He is a prick."

"I sincerely hope someone manages to get to this piece of # and murder him. Its disgusting that the tax payer is paying for this subhuman scums protection."

"So yes I call for his death, and the death of every other person who fits the bill."

"Or an attack on the bigoted anti-christ from Rome?"

"...there are still too many, with a disproportionate influence, who believe in this crap."

"It's pathetic and the man is an abomination."

I'm stating the obvious here but the hate-filled postings of athiests on this thread merely prove the Pope's point...

edit on 17-9-2010 by OurManInGlasgow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
So I found this very ironic.... or just odd I guess.
Here we have the paedophile appeaser Pope Benedict, warning people against "aggressive secularism" and "Atheist Extremism".

I personally find the real and tangible religious extremism far more worrying than that of the so-called "Atheist Extremism"

I agree entirely... any religion which states its priests can't marry sounds rather extreme to me.

Evidently the current pope is seriously lacking in education as to what EXTREME means.

However, I do have to agree that most atheists I run into are simply emotional children who have no concept of what the human mind/spirit is capable of.

Both the atheists and the religious are living in deep delusions...

As for me, I'll be my own God and believe whatever I wish, without any attachment to rectitude. With this attitude I achieve my goal everyday of living happily.

Be your own God, to hell with whatever anyone else says.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by blupblup

Both the atheists and the religious are living in deep delusions...

As for me, I'll be my own God and believe whatever I wish, without any attachment to rectitude. With this attitude I achieve my goal everyday of living happily.

as far as atheists are liveing in deep delisions,i find that kinda patronizing ,
but my own beliefs,is were all spirit beings,jumping from one ride to the next,as you say we are our own god within ourself's

this is bill hicks,he sums it all up here..
www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-9-2010 by snapperski because: bad link

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

It's true though... both the concept of God (a Universal autonomous personality) and the concept of Self (an individual autonomous personality) emanate from the same place in the psyche of the Primate known as a human.

I find it completely hilarious that though Atheists tend to deny the existence of the the former, they clamor for the existence of the latter, when both are illusions created by the ego.

Only when we realize that both the concept of Self and the concept of God are the same illusion will we truly be free of the fairy tales which we cling to for our sense of authority and security.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OurManInGlasgow

And you have evidence that each of these members are atheist's simply because of their posts ?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by mr-lizard
He's a joke.

Somebody should tell him that atheism is the OLDEST belief on the planet.

I'm fairly certain Adam wasn't an Atheist.

I'm fairly certain Adam didn't exist.

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You linked a Hitler quote from a public speech the man made. You should link what he told private pro-nazi personal friends as regards to Christianity instead. the man played the people for fools, he most certianly was no Christian and acted like one whenever speaking to the public.

This is the mentality that really gets me, if someone doesn't conform exactly to your beliefs and interpretations, then they're not a Christian...

He most certainly was a Christian, just because you don't agree with what he did does not mean he was an atheist. So Pope Pius XI and XII weren't actually Catholic?

So are you saying that the Christian public supported the extermination of the Jews? You're simply shifting the responsibility from Hitler onto the public.

Hey, Jerry. If I said that I am a medical doctor when it is clear that I am actually not, am I still a medical doctor?

A jew-killing lunatic is not a Christian, dude.

Oh, wait. He also KILLED CHRISTIANS.

edit on 9/17/2010 by TarzanBeta because: another tasty morsel.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Does anyone really care what the paedophile loving, bigoted anti-christ thinks?

No, I don't care a jot what he thinks, but I care very much about what he does.

I care that he doesn't think it is of paramount importance to protect our innocent children.

I care that thousands of indigienous children in Canada have been molested and murdered, and that his silence on this matter is, in my opinon, tantamount to complicity.

Silence isn't neutral, those who stay silent in the face of such crimes, and especially someone like a Pope should be absolutely beyond reproach, put themselves squarely on the side of the perpetrators.

I care that he could stop this abuse if he chose to, but that he chooses to obfuscate and look the other way.

In one interview which I read a while ago, he said that he didn't want to de-frock a priest who had been found guilty of child abuse, in order to protect 'the Church'. I believe this is total nonsense. So, it's better to keep a corrupt Church which covers up child abuse, rather than purge it of this crime?

Could it rather be that he is afraid of a much darker truth coming out?

edit on 17-9-2010 by wcitizen because: typos

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Atheist extremism? Something like this?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
From Vatican Crimes Revealed:

“No political event or circumstance can be evaluated without the knowledge of the Vatican's part in it. And no significant world situation exists in which the Vatican does not play an important explicit or implicit role.” -Baron Avro Manhattan, English historian, Knight of Malta, The Vatican and World Politics

www.vaticancrimes.us...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Nice post...

Actually, the militant athiests I had in mind were more along the lines of people like Nazi eugenicists, Soviet (and indeed Western) psychiatrists. Only when you deny Man's spiritual nature and treat the person before you as nothing but a lump of meat without soul or spirit does it then become 'acceptable' and 'reasonable' to commit such atrocities as they do.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

This type of talk from religious leaders is becoming more commonplace from day to day. As an American, it scares me that here in our own country, people are now starting some type of bizarre Christian-Islam holy war, and right wing politicans are starting to try to tell us that Islam doesn't count as "Freedom of Religion" because they think it's a cult. And now these attacks on non-believers by the child rapists themselves, the Catholics. This is not pretty--and I think it will all come to a head soon. Don't know what will happen but it may be huge.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Buddhist and Hindu monks can't get married as well.

Many religious orders have practised celibacy throughout human history, as stupid as it may seem to you and I, it is far from being unique to Catholocism.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join