It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clearing Aleister Crowley's name..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

It is odd how 100 years on there is still a stigma attached to Aleister Crowley.

I don't think that this is to his detriment. He was an original thinker and his ideas are still a topic for discussion 60 years after his death.

He was pretty hard done by really. The British press lampooned him in the 1930's and sensationalized his lifestyle. His own thirst for attention didn't do him any favours either.

It would have been a different story if he was around in the 1960's. Perhaps he was a man before his time?

But anyway, he certainly wasn't evil and his books have only had a beneficial effect on my life.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi
reply to post by Jay-morris

Ye i read up about him. I don't recall people sacrificing young boys as good people. Let's say you are the boy about to be sacrificed, would you still appreciate his teachings? Then If you still do respect his teachings, congratulations, you are now a mental retard.

Aleister Crowley? He has failed the kings test.

Lol some people on this site crack me up! He did not kill or sacrifice anyone! Where did you read this! lol

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The stigma still attached to Crowley is proof that he did his job well and I have to say that I'm glad it's still there. Most people don't understand anything about him or anything he said, did or wrote and most will never be able to. The vast majority of people you run into on a daily basis are ignorant of the universe and are easily frightened by scary pictures and spooky sounding words. This all serves to keep them away from sacred knowledge and keep that knowledge sacred to the initiates who will have studied enough to understand the material. In a way, it's a very biblical principle if you consider the idea of "Pearls before swine".

Most people would not be able to handle this knowledge and would only pervert and corrupt it to their own personal gain and we would be left with more lies and financially motivated religion. This has been case since man first pondered non-physical concepts and has continued on through the history of religion.

If you don't understand it than you have no one to blame but yourself because you are the one blocking your path to knowledge and enlightenment.

As for "clearing Crowley's name" don't bother, this is the way he wanted it and the way it should be, when someone tells you Crowley was "the Devil" or a "Satanist" it is pretty much a clear indication of their well established ignorance and the best way they can tell you not to waste your time or energy with them.

Let the ignorant wallow in the mud thinking themselves holy, those of intellectual and spiritual worth will naturally rise above and discover the truth for themselves.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Nice post!

There has been so much crap written about the man, that its hard to know what is real, and what is not. I suggest people read his bio to find out what he was like. I think he was way before his time.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

He was a shock jock. A smart shock jock but a shock jock all the same.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Crowley understood the importance of theatrics, that is for certain. It takes a certain level of theatrics to keep a following interested. However, there is also ritual significance to the theatrics as they serve to heighten the emotional impact of the ritual which creates a greater impact on the forces one is working with. Crowley said that even believing strongly that the ritual and what you are doing in it are ridiculous serves to heighten the emotional power at work in the ritual.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join