It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Rapid' 2010 melt for Arctic ice - but no record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ice floating on the Arctic Ocean melted unusually quickly this year, but did not shrink down to the record minimum area seen in 2007.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

So the point to your thread is the ice coverage is better than in 2007 so global warming has reversed?

You didn't say much in your thread so thats all I can read into it..

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I found this , NOAA’s sea ice extent blunder. wattsupwiththat.com...-24914
snip."In their zeal to get on the “death spiral” train of wild claims about Arctic sea ice, NOAA has made a major blunder, which they’ve now had to correct. Thanks to sharp eyed WUWT reader Marty yesterday who wrote:" "I dashed off an email to Dr. Walt Meier of NSIDC" "While I was waiting for a response from Walt, I made a screencap that showed my computer date and time of 0914/2010 @4:30PM PST."
"Interestingly, as Walt points out, NOAA apparently never read (or perhaps comprehended if they did) the NSIDC Sept 7th Sea Ice News article that text links to because in that they clearly say:
On September 3, ice extent dropped below the seasonal minimum for 2009 to become the third lowest in the satellite record.

hope that might help ...peace they have a good comment section with lots of info .

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

hi union jack
i read the same thing this morning. quite a misleading header on the article. i wonder how many people skipped that article? i feel no matter what improvments come naturally, there will always be a negative spin on it. possibly too many interests have invested there hard raided other peoples pension pots into these green schemes with promises of healthy returns when the legislation runs in their favour. i see a lean green pyramid scheme machine in the making!
regards fakedirt.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wonder what the arctic looked like back in 1936!

www.c3headlines.com...

The coldest Arctic Summer ever, and there is unprecedented melting?

www.c3headlines.com...

edit on 21-9-2010 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Are there any Eskimos here? i wanna hear from you guys.

is the arctic getting warmer?

new topics

top topics

join