It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope faces atheist hate campaign in UK after top German aide says: 'When you land at Heathrow you t

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
More Anti-Christian propaganda from some ranting bluball quoting muslim.
Now you watch, I'll be the one who gets 2 warnings from this.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

If by ranting blueball muslim, you mean me....then you're so far off the mark it's laughable.

Number one - I'm not ranting. Just relaying the facts and commenting on them.

Numebr two - yeah. mock my screen name - how childish.

Number three - i am certainly not a muslim - just because i am in the Middle East doesn't make me a muslim. People can leave their own country for work you know, you should try it ( i.e. get a life.)

Number 4 - yeah, i hope you get warned for this ridiculous outburst, although i doubt it.

Number 5 - why not just pi$$ off and haunt someone else's thread if you have nothing to contribute.

Pond life.

edit on 16-9-2010 by BlueOrb because: Toned it down slightly and spellng

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm British and I agree with the comment.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen
WHATS WRONG WITH HEATHROW, ITS A TOP AIRPORT, THE THIRD WORLD COMMENT IS ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF ASYLUM SEEKERS HERE ETC. NOT THE WEALTH.

THAT ALBINO GERMAN SHOULD STATE WHAT HE ACTUALLY MEANS - A COUNTRY WITH "TERRORIST SYMPATHISERS" THERE I HELPED HIM OUT!

That's exactly what he means the amount of non-whites in London/

second line.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Cardinal who made these remarks, was coming to the UK but cannot due to Gout. Hmmm, that says a lot about his lifestyle and it's a fact that the UK is not traditionally renowned for it's gout inducing gastronomy. Oh well
he's passed up a chance to lay off the foie gras.

My missus is Italian and I love the place, but this guy needs to have a look a couple hundred meters from the Vatican he if wants 'third world' not that I truly believe that's what he meant about the UK, but then what did he mean? Spin spin spin.

I don't think it's fair to say 'atheist extremists' etc. There are enough of his own flock who are unhappy with the church and it's lack of action.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My grandfather was in Germany after the war on occupation duty, after having fought all the war there from Normandy to Bavaria, where he was one of those who liberated Dachau.

He always said that the young people and Hiler Youth types were the most Nazified and fanatical of all because that's all they knew. They had been totally indoctrinated for 12 years. That's why the started bringing all kinds of old timers out of retirement to run things in Germany, since they were the least brainwashed and propagandized. Other veterans told me the exact same thing over the years: they'd seen it firsthand.

The Pope is certainly of that Nazified generation, and he was basically running the Vatican for years as John Paul II slipped into his dotage. I think it's a very good idea to be leery of him.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

Heh! I apologize for my amusement at this quote. But being an often visitor to sickipedia, I just have to remark, when you load a country with 3rd world citizens, yeah, well, some 3rd world attitudes come with it all.

3rd world. Wow, coming from a man who uses 3rd world techniques to control people, lol

Just saying................

I admit, yes, the Catholic Church hasn't done its best to stop the abuses, but, don't bring in the law enforcement. Let the bastidges go, and God will sort it all out. I didn't put it in quotes, but this seems to be the attitude from the Vatican.

Freakin' azzwipes!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What the hell does too big to fall even mean?

edit on 16-9-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

Well it means that firms Like AIG could cripple the entire worlds economy if they went belly up -

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
In capitalism, you are meant to fail if you make mistakes, not be propped up artificially by the government.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by theAymen
i watched a documentary on the pope today. a common theme is the aggresive language they all use.

Extremists are all as bad as each other, whether they be Christian, Muslim, or atheist.

What do these Atheist extremists get up to?Car bombs at the Vatican?Suicide bombings of Sunday Masses?Stonings?Witchunts?

Define Atheist extremism rather than putting it in the same stable as christians and muslims?

They are not all as bad as each other.christian and muslim extremists are, deluded,demented, obsessive,violent, ignorant perverts.They both have a rap sheet as long as history itself.I as an Atheist am deeply offended to be tarred with the same brush as those foul and malignant morons.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I'm British and I agree with the comment.

I am also seconding the comment.....

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by BlueOrb

Anywhere is the third world to one who hails from the vatican where even their golden foil toilet paper is blessed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
I get really annoyed by 'religion bashers' who quote the crusades (or whatever) as the reason religion is 'evil'. No-one person or group of people should be judged according to their religious affiliations or otherwise - they should be judged according to their actions and contributions (or lack thereof) to society.

A perfect example of how invalid this line of reasoning is, that indiscriminately blames religion for atrocities carried out in the past, is the abolition of the British Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

The Church of England tacitly approved of, and profited from the slave trade. The abolition of the British slave trade was largely instigated and achieved by the continued work of a group of evangelical Christians, the Quakers.

So on one hand, you had a group of Christians who were willingly upholding the abhorrent idea of ''owning'' other human beings as a commodity, while on the other hand, you had another group of Christians who played an enormous part in ending the practice.

This example alone, shows how illogical it is to class all religion as either ''good'' or ''bad''. It depends on the individuals involved, and how religion can influence these people in either a positive or negative way.

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
Religions (and the structures, establishments underlying them) are too widely and thinly spread, integrated throughout multiple levels of any given society, transnational and pan-generational. It is therefore very rare that 'religion' is purely to blame for any of the ills which it has been/ is associated with. We're stewing in a complex 'socio-religious-economic soup', and history is the agreed upon version of events, suited to the perspectives and interests of the historians.

You're absolutely correct that there are a myriad of reasons that lead to any kind of conflict or social problem.

Religion is found in every community and group of people in the world, so to class religion, or its adherents, under one all-encompassing label is staggeringly ignorant, considering the disparate group of people that the label would apply to.

I'm not particularly religious, but I don't need to be, to see the discrimination, prejudice and untruths that many non-religious people subject them to.

It irks me when people say ''look at all the problems that religion caused'', because they are parroting an argument, and taking it as truth, without thinking it through. It's the epitome of ignorance.

I also find it perturbing that the people who say things like that, lack any kind of observational skills or understanding of human nature.

If there was no religion, do these people think that we'd live in a utopian paradise with fluffy bunnies and rainbows ?

Another important thing to remember is that various ethnic groups around the world converted to a particular religion en masse, and you tend to find that conflicts that some blame solely on religion, are usually fought between groups that are ethnically different, as well:

Israel/Palestine, Northern Ireland, Sri Lanka/Tamil Tigers, Yugoslavia, to name a few, are/were all conflicts between different ethnic groups who happen to have different religions, as well.

A lot of people tend to blame the troubles in Northern Ireland on religion.

Northern Ireland has 1.5 million people, with an equal split of Catholics and Protestants. If religion was the cause of the conflict, then how come Germany, which also has an equal Protestant/Catholic split, but with 50 times the population of Northern Ireland, has no troubles ?

If religion was the cause of the trouble, then Germany should have had thousands of people killed over the last few years.

I'm sure religion is a contributory factor in Northern Ireland, but the cause is actually socio-economic.

I wonder how many people know that the IRA is a non-religious organisation that has Protestant members, as well as Catholics ?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
What do these Atheist extremists get up to?Car bombs at the Vatican?Suicide bombings of Sunday Masses?Stonings?Witchunts?

Atheist extremists are the same as any religious extremist: Intolerant, arrogant, overzealous and controlling.

When did any religious extremist car bomb the Vatican ?

When did any religious extremist bomb a Sunday Mass ?

You are not comparing like for like.

Define Atheist extremism rather than putting it in the same stable as christians and muslims?

It's in exactly the same stable as religious extremism.

ex·trem·ism noun ik-ˈstrē-ˌmi-zəm Definition of EXTREMISM
1 : the quality or state of being extreme
2 : advocacy of extreme measures or views : radicalism — ex·trem·ist noun or adjective

www.merriam-webster.com...

They are not all as bad as each other.christian and muslim extremists are, deluded,demented, obsessive,violent, ignorant perverts.They both have a rap sheet as long as history itself.I as an Atheist am deeply offended to be tarred with the same brush as those foul and malignant morons.

LOL.

Thank you for proving my point !

I never tarred atheists with the same brush as religious extremists; only atheist extremists.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

interesting story..especially the old one with gods banker and his ritual murder..

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
The Church of England tacitly approved of, and profited from the slave trade. The abolition of the British slave trade was largely instigated and achieved by the continued work of a group of evangelical Christians, the Quakers.

So on one hand, you had a group of Christians who were willingly upholding the abhorrent idea of ''owning'' other human beings as a commodity, while on the other hand, you had another group of Christians who played an enormous part in ending the practice.

This example alone, shows how illogical it is to class all religion as either ''good'' or ''bad''.

I agree. Also this speaks about religion in general.

For example if you'd define Christianity as those beliefs held by all Christians, I think you end up with this as the totality of Christianity:

1. There is a God;
2. A man named Jesus is important.

Beyond those two statements, there are plenty of assertions Christians disagree upon. Of course, for any given Christian, there are often a few assertions that s/he thinks Christians need to agree on, leading to a situation where Christians are constantly accusing one another of being non-Christians.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The fall of the great Catholic Church. One of my prays is being answered.

god has done nothing in the last 1000 years for humanity except force blight and terror into the hearts of the many. The pope and his pedophile entourage are slowly being looked upon as they should be. Old dirty men that need some old testament wrath shown to them. it looks like the death of jesus will in the end amount to nothing. too bad.

christmas is and always has been about the presents.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

I read up quite a bit about Roberto Calvi back in the 80's, before everything was at our fingertips via the internet.

Very interesting - it is thought that the italian masonic lodge P2 (Propaganda 2), was responsible for his death. the symbol fo the lodge was a "Black Friar", and of course he was found hangiung under Blackfriars Bridge in London. He had rough edged bricks in his pockets, anlong with cash, both supposedly of symbolic meaning.

Strange how this just faded into obscurity....or perhaps not strange at all if the vatican and/or masinic fraternity were involved in his death.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Here's my take on this, The man of the cloth makes a remark about Britain being 3rd world. Well thank you very much, I take that as a compliment Mr pope, You see we British lot are free independent thinkers and are quite proud of our "Wee" island, Yes we moun and we throw are toys out of the pram now and again, so what !!

But that's are way, If we decide as a nation not to let theology get in the way of making a better life for ourselves and family then that's are call, So stating in around about way that we are a third world country and have removed the shackles of religious brain washing and got on with it (and haven't gone to hell in push cart) that's are choice matey, So tell your misionarys to unpack there bags. We are all "over 21" in this part of the "free" world Mr pope....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join