It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sight:Muslims praying at a packed public park

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by RKWWWW

Sure I'll go right ahead of you and do that.
Here's a list of lies by Jesus.
www.evilbible.com...
Here's a great article why the Christian God is impossible.
www.evilbible.com...
Contradictions in the Gospels.
www.evilbible.com...
Of course you Christians already ignore the OT which you shouldn't.
www.evilbible.com...

Nice strawman, but I'm not advocating Christianity or any other religion.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RKWWWW
Christians are not bound by the Old Testament. You should know this. That's what the whole "new covenant" thing is all about.

Let's cut to the chase. If the Christian equivalent of Sharia law exists, tell me where it is found in the scriptures. Feel free to quote Paul or any other apostle.

edit on 16-9-2010 by RKWWWW because: (no reason given)

The "New covenant" thing is something Christians have made up to try and hide from the sick parts of their holy book and pretend they do not need to read those parts anymore. Nowhere in the bible does it say that the old laws no longer apply.

Let us cut to the chase. Christians did not give their laws a snappy nickname. That is the entire crux of your argument. If I have to chose between seeing Muslims pray in a park and some Christian running for office on a platform of changing laws, it is not a tough call.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

You need to know what is truth and the future. The Fallen are the future and only us. Everything else is myth!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

Christians are not bound by the Old Testament. You should know this. That's what the whole "new covenant" thing is all about.

Let's cut to the chase. If the Christian equivalent of Sharia law exists, tell me where it is found in the scriptures. Feel free to quote Paul or any other apostle.

edit on 16-9-2010 by RKWWWW because: (no reason given)

The "New covenant" thing is something Christians have made up to try and hide from the sick parts of their holy book and pretend they do not need to read those parts anymore. Nowhere in the bible does it say that the old laws no longer apply.

Let us cut to the chase. Christians did not give their laws a snappy nickname. That is the entire crux of your argument. If I have to chose between seeing Muslims pray in a park and some Christian running for office on a platform of changing laws, it is not a tough call.

I'm not aware of anything in the Christian religion that even remotely compares to the Muslim concept of Sharia law. If you know something that compares, share it.

edit on 16-9-2010 by RKWWWW because: typo

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

Here's a great place to start. I hope you're up to reading.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I'm not aware of anything in the Christian religion that even remotely compares to the Muslim concept of Sharia law. If you know something that compares, share it.

Because you are actively trying not to. Each book has a rule about why you should stone someone to death. One book is evil because they gave that a catchy name and the other did not. That is your entire argument and it is really pretty weak.

Or read RR's link above and familiarize yourself with those catchy Christian laws with catchy names and get back to us.

edit on 9/16/10 by evil incarnate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

Hey RKWWWW. I'll make this simple, without bringing up the Paul, Nicean Council, Emperor Constantine, King James, etc., I'll guide you to my understanding of Christianity. If you can persuade me that I am wrong with stronger evidence, then I would be willing to admit fault.

* If you read the 4 Gospels found in the New Testament, pay close attention to what Jesus actually says and does. I quoted Matthew 5:17-18 for you in my previous post. In it Jesus is basically saying that the laws found in the Old Testament are still viable.

* Jesus observed Torahanic Law. He observed the Sabbath. He observed Passover. He grew his beard long, as prescribed in the Torah.

In conclusion, Old Testament Law is still viable, and found within it are laws more strict than Islam at times. If you want to know where to find these Old Testament Laws, start with Exodus, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by RKWWWW

Here's a great place to start. I hope you're up to reading.
en.wikipedia.org...

The link you provided is to the "club house rules" that govern the internal politics and establish the ground rules of various religions. The difference is that, unlike the Sharia law, in Christianity there is no concept of making cannons the law of the land. There is a link on your page under Sharia law to the wiki entry for the political aspects of Islam. There one can read about the contemporary movement in Islam to impose Sharia law.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

Hey, at least you saw four men on their knees praying in a park and not what I've seen in a park that involved men on their knees.

Just sayin.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Because you are actively trying not to. Each book has a rule about why you should stone someone to death. One book is evil because they gave that a catchy name and the other did not. That is your entire argument and it is really pretty weak.

Or read RR's link above and familiarize yourself with those catchy Christian laws with catchy names and get back to us.

edit on 9/16/10 by evil incarnate because: (no reason given)

I'm not saying that there aren't some goof-ass, harsh laws in the old testament. I'm saying there is no equivalent movement in Christianity to the contemporary movement in Islam of the concept of Sharia law.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

I know exactly what you are saying but I do not agree. The only difference is that Sharia is a catchy title people can latch on to. I do not see how that makes them any more militant about pushing their morality into politics than Christians are. Christians just call it "family values" or some other crap to push some "abstinence only" type of BS Christian indoctrination.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

Originally posted by On the Edge
"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." Matthew 6:6

Christians are suppose to be anti-gay, but this confirms that they are secretly still in the closet themselves.

I was wondering what you meant by that

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
PersonalChoice,
Sorry for going off topic, I apologize.

In regards to your OP, are you religious at all? If you are, have you ever prayed outdoors? If you are not religious, have you ever meditated outdoors? Getting in touch with the Creator or the energy of the cosmos feels wonderful outdoors. Meditation outdoors is more relaxing. I suggest you try it sometime. You don't have to do it in front of people unless you feel comfortable. But for starters, find yourself a quiet place in nature, or even your back yard, and pray or meditate. I predict that once you get over that nervous/embarrassed feeling, you will have a great experience.

And let me add this about Islam/Muslims;

* Riyah: Doing religious practices to show off. Engaging in religious acts for any reason other than for the worship of Allah.

Riyah is considered a sin in Islam. When a muslim engages in riyah, that religious act is not valid. Allah does not accept the prayers of a person that is praying to show off, or praying just because everyone can see him. This rule is so strict that even thinking of something other than Allah during your prayer might nullify your prayer!

So PersonalChoice, you can be sure that when a muslim is praying in public, the last thing he is thinking of is trying to be "in your face" or prove a point. Hope this helps bridge the gap of understanding for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

reply to post by RKWWWW

I know exactly what you are saying but I do not agree. The only difference is that Sharia is a catchy title people can latch on to. I do not see how that makes them any more militant about pushing their morality into politics than Christians are. Christians just call it "family values" or some other crap to push some "abstinence only" type of BS Christian indoctrination.

OK. I see it as a bigger threat than Christianity is. I see Christians as spineless push-overs, annoying, but essentially harmless. I see too many Muslims as dangerously fanatical. When Christians start stabbing to death news paper editors on the street because they ran a cartoon of Christ, then I'll consider their family values as an threat equal to Sharia law.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

Maybe where you live that is the case. I live in the USA. I cannot think of any terrorism in the name of implementing Sharia law in the US but I can think of terrorism in the name of changing abortion laws. This is not the only topic but the first that springs to mind. I do not see anyone trying to push Sharia law anywhere. I do see Christians running for office, lobbying, pushing political discourse, and blowing up doctor's offices. This is why one seems like a real threat and one does not.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
I have witnessed a muslim man pray. For an assignment in college, I forget the exact requirements, but basically we were supposed to present something to the class that represents something that we love/makes us feel alive.
One student performed his daily prayer. He also showed the rosary he moves the beads of to keep count of the prayer repetitions. I don't remember which prayer he performed, but it was beautiful.

As far as rituals go, the daily prayer seems like a pretty good one. You are guaranteed 5 ten minute breaks throughout the day. During this break you get to relax, stretch a bit and sing.

As soon as I get home I always grab my guitar and sing a couple songs first thing, it's a great mood elevator.

You brought a smile to my face.

We are soul as well as body, and our souls need food just as our bodies do.

Food for one's soul can be love, prayer, meditation, music, a walk in the forest ...
I believe we are both creator and creation, and must have a means to free our inner selves and lose our sense of separateness for a time in order to stay sane.

I wonder if the OP is equally fazed by "Christians" praying loudly in restaurants to say grace?
When I asked one, who seemed to be addressing her "grace" to people three blocks away, she said she was commanded to "witness for the Lord".

When people actually harass me by coming onto my property and waking me early Sunday mornings, are they Muslims, trying to Muslimise the country?
No, they're always Christians, determined to spread their message and add to their respective flocks. I pity the little children they bring with them.

I have plenty of grudges against the behaviour I'm seeing of Muslim men in Australia. I just wish the ones bringing hatred upon their religion would stop hating western women and raping them, and start praying and being true Muslims instead.
- Yes, it's a real problem here, but I believe the Muslim clerics inciting young Muslims to this behaviour are plants, inserted to light the fires of hatred and further divide humanity.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

You are so right, RK,

And I am saying, for about the 12 millionth time - do not equate Jesus with the so-called Christian church.

Jesus is about love, caring and forgiveness.

The church is a manmade thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Saying a blessing over your meal is not the same as
praying in your closet.
I don't eat or drink anything without saying a blessing,
that includes being in public!
The type of praying you do in your closet is the type
you wouldn't want anyone else to know about.Secret
things between you and the Lord.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

You're wrong!
Any christian church that claimed to be a new testament
only church,I would avoid like the plague.You have to read
and study from the entire Bible in order to gain understanding.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join