It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scariest video you have ever watched in the name of science.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I don't have words to express what I feel seeing this video, it's just amazing. I only hope they have a parachute or maybe the chance to call a helicopter after they reach the top. Also I defend the right to wear a jet-pack. Jet-pack for everyone, for free. Or maybe robot climbers... seems to be a good idea too. Maybe retractable antennas?

Anyway, awesome video.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

This is indeed astounding and amazing.
However, it requires a one-time only decision.
"Am I prepared to die?"
Many of us would answer affirmatively to such a question, posed one time.
I have reviewed such footage in the past, and posed such a question to myself.
My answer? "It depends on the situation at the time."
The man who chooses such a vocation on a daily basis is in a different category.
Although I must agree he must investigate the same type of question himself,
I still see these situations as apples and oranges.
I would choose a similar job as the transmission man, were I able, to
provide for my family or my future.
But to take a repeated jump from space as a means of providence would be unattainable, IMO !
Although in the current economic climate of CA, it would definitely get a few takers !
love.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
seems silly to me - why don't they leave a rigid safty line and use that with a fall arrest (so no need to alter it going up, and they colud just abseil down,, or attach a winch to the nearly top and use that, seems silly unessercary risk taking to me

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen
MATE, DO YOU WANT TO SEE TRUE AWSOMENESS, AFTER WATCHING THIS YOUR VID IS LAME.
THIS IS BY FAR THE SCARIEST HEIGHT A HUMAN HAS EVER HAD THE BALLS TO TRAVEL... WATCH WHAT HE DOES AS HE REACHES THE EDGE OF SPACE..ONLY SEEING IS BELIEVING SO WATCH AND BE AMAZED

RELAX AND WATCH IT ALL! YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT WHAT HE DOES AT THAT HIGHT

MANY MORE SCIENTIFIC ANGLED VIDS TALKING ABOUT GRAVITY ETC CAN BE FOIUND ON YOUTUBE.
this is a shorter video which has annoying music and a bit hard to work out what is going on

YEA YOUR RIGHT, BUT I WOULDNT DO EITHER...UNLESS I HAD TO LOL

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
If that's scary then you haven't studied much cosmology lol. Our universe is the scariest thing to me. It's warrent of death and/or life. Super nova's, deadly radiation, asteroids and comets, toxic gases, and the worst of all.... Black holes, even worse the the worst? Two supermassive black hole galexies colliding. Yes it happens and yes it's more then often of what you'd think. BUT the good news is most of us wont have to deal with this in our life times

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Play it full screen and you really get dizzy

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
No ammount of money could give me the incentive to do anything like that, because I know I would've crumbled under the pressure and eventually fall down to my death.

I can't understand how that is allowed without proper safety equipment, it's just crazy. And as Seinfeld says, the helmet is now wearing you for protection.

Thanks for sharing, star and flagged. The video reflected the thread title.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Interesting video Oozil. I used to work as a telecommunications CAD designer for Crown Castle they basically were responsible for having these and other types of antenna towers constructed. The other danger involved with scaling those towers is the antenna. If those climbers get in front of the wrong antenna for too long they can be microwaved to death from the radiation being emitted, so it does take a special skill to manage them. Personally I prefer being down here doing the design drawings instead of climbing, it seems like it would be difficult to come down especially after a long day.

s&f

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Back in the late 70's, my uncle made $10,000 per climb.
Unfortunatley, he fell to his death. I think this is one of the reasons I'm so afraid of climbing tall structures. He was very experienced, but just one unexpected gust of wind, and down he went, he was at the top when he fell.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I had to look at it but I am so scared of hights that every time I climb a ladder my knies start to shake and my arms feel like loosing all blood. I feel dizzy than ... as I looked the clip, I felt again the same and had to look away for a few times.
It´s amazing how people can conquer those feelings and fears, perhaps they never have?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This thread should be removed, it was posted on BTS a whole day before the OP posted it.

Kind of unfair considering the original didnt get as many flags

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Wow. Absolutely amazing. I got anxiety just from watching the video. Free climbing?? My boy has to hold the chair for me when I change the kitchen bulb??! Kudos for these guys, they're either exceptionally brave or exceptionally insane...probably both.

Kim

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah, that does suck, had that happen to me a time or 2. I'm sure no harm was intended either time but it is a bit disheartening. I'm gonna star and flag the other guy!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Omg... wow.... that was so scary!

Do you think these guys when they decided on their careers knew they'd be doing this? Man, I give them credit... how many people could do this kind of work!

Just whispering... I like the series Dirty Jobs too...

That was an AWSOME youtube Oozii... thanks!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
cool vid,i do a bit of rock climbing ,been up a few mountains as well but this is awsome. its like everything else though ,once you've did it a load of times you get more and more accustomed to the height. still cool though..i'd give it a go.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further replies to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join