It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Plans to Fly Tourists to Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Boeing Plans to Fly Tourists to Space

www.nytimes.com

Boeing said Wednesday that it was entering the space tourism business, an announcement that could bolster the Obama administration’s efforts to transform the National Aeronautics and Space Administration into an agency that focuses less on building rockets and more on nurturing a commercial space industry

The flights, which could begin as early as 2015, would most likely launch from Cape Canaveral in Florida to the International Space Station.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Boeing is ready to take you into space as we speak! The Obama administration has proposed turning over to private companies the business of taking NASA astronauts to orbit,. Boeing and Bigelow Aerospace won an 18Mil contract to test and develop a capsule that will carry 7 passengers.

Current NASA plans call for four space station crew members to go up at a time, which would leave up to three seats available for space tourists. The flights would be the first to give nonprofessional astronauts the chance to go into orbit aboard a spacecraft launched from the United States.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Only $40 million!
What a bargain…
I think I’ll reserve my seats today.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Hey, wait a few years maybe they will come up with a Jet Blue type flight.
Then all the Senators, and Congressmen can fit in in their budget!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'll believe it when i see it. They (as in everyone) have been saying that for years now and even if they do pull it off, one seat alone will cost a couple million dollars.

new topics

top topics

join