It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North or South.. Where do you think is safe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have been doing a lot of thinking into the next few years and what areas would be deemed "Safe" in the event of any number of the situations that may or may not happen. there has been a lot of talk about being above the 40th parallel. I also remember reading that the Bush family and a few other big names have bought up acres of land in South America. Hidden_Hand also had mentioned being South of the equator. All of the information I have seen online speaks of being higher in elevation in the Mountains. Just figured I would see if any posters happen to think any of the information could be disinformation to get a mass killing of people at some point? I am not fear mongering or anything just curious to anyone's thoughts on the subject.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
North or South where ever you are it will be bad and i'm sure you know this but still just saying it will be bad . Canada seems pretty safe especially in Ontario we don't have to bad of weather aside from some thunder storms which ain't even that bad , the winter is cold but where ain't it cold in the winter , summer is good but the humidity sucks , fall is good too .

Nothing bad seems to happen here but maybe that's a good thing . I should also add that when SHTF wherever you are hiding or hunkering down it won't mean jack all it will come to you too .

edit on 15-9-2010 by PS3Geek because: To add a sentence .

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It depends on what you are expecting to come down the pipe. If it's just your basic SHTF scenario and you are looking for the best odds of survivng anything that could sneak around the corner, my best advice would be to get away from large groups of other human beings. For instance, you don't want to be in a city, as not only will those areas be targeted for whatever, whether it be manipulation, control or attack.

One thing that you also have to worry about, is climate. Too hot and you could die, while on the other side of the coin, too cold and you'll die also, granted that preperations are taken and readiness isn't heeded. As much as you can warm yourself with fire, textiles or animal pelts, you can also cool youself in the heat with shelter, shade and water.

IMO, it is a personal preference and the choice should be knowledge based. Do you know how to survive better in the tundra, desert, forest or swamp? What do you know better and what experiences do you personally have? Your odds of survival greatly increase with experience and preparedness.

--airspoon

p.s. I've already got my fail proof plan but I'm not about to reveal it to everyone for a couple of reasons. The first reason being that it would be a very safe place if I broadcasted it and for the other reason, I don't want people jocking my idea, making it more difficult for my own family to live peaceful lives while the world is in turmoil.

If you think about it, there are only a few types of places that are perfect for refuge, at least from a sustainability, privacy and security standpoint.

edit on 15-9-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Glad you posted this question, because I've been wondering the same. I've been puzzling over where to head if/when things get really bad.

Say... in the event of World War III, true or staged alien invasion, 2012 End Times, Anti-Christ, NWO, Great Depression II, Civil War/Unrest... etc.,

•Where should one go?
•What countries, continents, or territories are safer than others?
•What areas should one seek refuge in the U.S.?

Being in Ohio, USA, personally I've always toyed with the idea of hiding out in local wooded areas and making my way down south to the forested Appalachia Mountain Range. If it's good enough for the moon-shiners, boot-leggers, and country back-folk, I'm pretty sure I could go hide there too. If that wasn't good enough, I thought about South America as an alternate plan.

I didn't really base my opinion on any factual information, just my simple brain-storming. Hope more people elaborate

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Oh yay, one of my more favorite topics here at my beloved ATS lol! I'm begining to think there might be something slightly off with me lately, but I get a strange kind of excitement from this topic! Maybe because my hubby and I are working towards being as prepared as possible without becoming radical C.T. Fundies (Fundamental Conspiracy Theorists, like Fundamental Christians lol) or making our children overly freaked out!

As far as locations go, I'm of the mindset that where you know best is probably the best place for ya. Now keep in mind that it should be an area that is sustainable for you as well, so big cities are out, large suburban areas are out in that case too. All the grocery stores, department stores, restaurants and so on will be looted in mere hours and people will violently protect the things they have procured from said looting! Actually there are probably at least 100 good reasons to get out of densely populated areas.

Geographically speaking, the middle of the country in any country would be better in case of global disasters or war. You should be somewhere that can provide you with cover and access to food and water. Most likely a wooded area or mountainous region where you could likely find caves and alcoves. If you can find an area that is both wooded and mountainous, that would be your best bet. Think steep inclines and lots of trees. In these areas you would most likely find edible plants (know they're edible first or trying to survive is pointless really), running water in the form of creeks and streams, caves and/or alcoves and out-croppings and even smaller animals as larger animals find it difficult to navigate steep terrain.

Make sure that you have packed a few key things to take along with you if you choose to go this route. My hubby and I actually have 5 bags packed for our family in case we need to make this choice. I won't bore you with the details of their contents, but the one thing I will tell you that we have and we haven't heard of anyone else including these in their "kits", is spices! We have three boys that can be rather picky eatters at times and if we had to make squirrel soup without any salt, pepper, garlic powder, et., they might not eat and we can't have that
! And really, it weighs like nothing ha ha ha!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sorry.... but Earth is doooomed!

Best bet is to get off now and head to another Planet.
As Arny would say "get your ass to Mars"

Seriously, who really knows?
They tell you a flood of Biblical proportions is coming, you climb to higher ground, but really it's an enormous Solar flare, and you being higher up, get cooked to a crisp...... ah shucks.

Don't worry...... be happy

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
There are a lot of options. Thanks for all the replies. I live in a desert climate but grew up in the woods. I know that there has been talk of a new Ice Age from scientist and there is all the Solar Flare talk in the next few years. Away from large groups of people is a good factor for location that way they can't turn on you or give away info. If there are massive earthquakes and tidal waves the eastern and western seaboard of the United States could be hit pretty bad. Colorado was the one state that I had a good internal feeling about a few years ago and then i started doing research and of course the Colorado Springs Cheyenne Mountain Bunker and the DIA tunnels reports came up. A lot of people think that being in those areas of Colorado would be like being in the belly of the beast if some sort of NWO-esque scenario came to play. Sometimes the best hiding place is out in the open. Counter-Intelligence would be possible as well in places like that or Madison,Wisconsin. Montana,Idaho, and the like have great advantages but if there is severe climate change it would be bad as far as food and temperature. I do think spices are a great idea for your packing due to the fact that it will improve the taste of food and many of those herbs and spices have great medicinal benefits. Ginger,Oregano, Turmeric, and Garlic especially. I would recommend raw honey and organic Apple Cider Vinegar for flavoring and general antiseptic purposes. Kentucky has plenty of caverns that could be useful. I like trying to gather as many opinions as possible to keep stored in my memory.If what Hidden_Hand spoke of as being true then we really don't have a concern for horrid physical destruction. Just a need for spiritual preparation. In keeping with Mayan literature on 2012 I know safety is being away from civilization with natural clothing,materials etc. No modern technology or substances.

new topics

top topics

join