It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Deep, Dark Winter is Coming to Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Maybe it should it should say 'is dark matter the real problem?'

Deep, Dark Winter

Many people around the world, numbering potentially in the millions, believe to one degree or another that December 21, 2012 is a date of some global significance. As it happens, these people are correct in a manner of speaking. However, the winter solstice of 2012 is not a date of unique significance, but rather the date on which an important interplanetary cycle reaches its apogee. Over the last 20 years, the Earth has been moving into a period of resonance whereby its opposition with Jupiter coincides with Earth’s northern winter and the solar maximum. These three elements will reach their closest coincidence in the last several hundred years during the winter of 2012-2013.

While dark energy is an integral part of Earth’s ecosystems; too much of it at one time can be problematic. The levels we are likely to encounter over the next three years or so are significantly higher than the normal for Earth during an ice age (i.e., the average for the last 2.5 million years or so). An excess of atmospheric and subterranean dark energy is capable of fueling several different types of natural disasters in terms of both incidence (i.e., frequency) and intensity (i.e., severity) throughout the northern hemisphere, with some effects reaching into the southern half of the planet. Of particular concern are persistent, severe winter weather, hurricanes, earthquakes and volcanic activity.

I am wondering what the ATS community will glean from this article. Dark matter has not been mentioned much as a possible problem with the coming solar maximum. Could this be because we know so little about dark matter?

What else can happen in 2012?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

Woah, woah, woah. Relax, nothing is going to happen.

Go for some dinner and chillout...

On a more serious note, regardless of what will happen, why is that everyone worries about dying or the end of the world (in other words dying). It is the one thing that is certainly certain in life is it not. Whats the big deal, we already know that we are all going to die anyways.

If we are here for a reason which we clearly are, it would be impossible to predict the ending unless that was the reason. That itself is a complete waste of time given that we cannot even predict when it began.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't believe in the end of the world scenario for 2012 but something bad might happen we really just have to wait and see . But if this is true then we will freeze our butts off . Lets all just hope for the best and prepare for the worst eh how bout it .....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
How cold are we talkng here?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Oh something is going to happen alright. Just nothing apocalyptic.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
That website is a pile of pseudoscience mumbo jumbo.

1. Lots of claims and no references
2. Making up properties of dark matter which is simply matter astronomers cannot see
3. Making up properties of dark energy which is what is used to describe the reason the universe is expanding as it does

In astronomy and cosmology, dark matter is matter that is inferred to exist from gravitational effects on visible matter and background radiation, but is undetectable by emitted or scattered electromagnetic radiation.

[Dark matter

In physical cosmology, astronomy and celestial mechanics, dark energy is a hypothetical form of energy that permeates all of space and tends to increase the rate of expansion of the universe.

Dark energy

That's a typical "making up stuff" pseudoscience site.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yes, yes, 3 days of darkness prophecy coming true. www.opusdeialert.com...

Made by this sun shield: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Scientists are shocked, SHOCKED when their "dark matter detector" goes off! Here's the dark matter detector: www.technewsworld.com...

When the space shuttle program's final flight launches next February, it will carry on board the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer, a device designed to scan space. Using the AMS as it's parked in orbit, scientists hope to find evidence regarding two types of mysterious matter about which they've hypothesized for years: dark matter and antimatter.

The AMS detector was constructed and tested by an international team at CERN, which will also operate the device. The team consists of more than 600 physicists from 16 countries. They are organized under the sponsorship of the United States Department of Energy.

Yep, made by CERN, the same charlatans behind Large Hadron Collider. Loads of fun in store for humanity coming soon!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Dark Energy, Dark Matter......... no, just a lot of Dark imaginations running amok.

I think every possible doomsday scenario has been covered, but, like everything in life, you never guess what will or will not happen.

Don't worry, life will go on, no need to spend it waiting for God

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You do realise that it will be summer here in southern hemisphere right?

Why are all prophecies only suited to nthe northern hemisphere

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
You do realise that it will be summer here in southern hemisphere right?

Why are all prophecies only suited to nthe northern hemisphere

Don't worry. We may freeze, but your hemisphere probably burns.

(I think it symbolizes man's egocentricity) Good question anyway. I tried once to find where the western media began picking up on this stuff. Not an easy surf, and I forgot the answer. It was at least 30 years ago.

I have to believe that no matter what, the globalhoax weather crowd will be capitalizing on it.

edit on 16-9-2010 by davidmann because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Stop complaining. You're the only ones who'll be able to see Nibiru because it's coming directly from the south pole...... Take some photos for us will you?

As for the OP, have people considered than an increase in down quarks interacting with higgs bosons in the outer magnetosphere of Jupiter could cause a massive neutrino burst which will counteract the effects of the dark energy and result in it snowing on Christmas Day? True!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Here is how illogical the 2012 deadline is.

Whats 2012?....
Everyone thinks something "may" happen.

+

What do they think will happen?....
No one knows what will happen.

= huh?

In other words, BS. There is barely even a consensus on 2012. literally people are all over the place with this topic. We need some continuity with ideas.
Pole shift?
Alien invasion?
THE RETURN OF NIBIRU or whatever
Solar destruction?
A new deep freeze?
A grand awakening?
the list goes on.

All of the above if we are lucky.

edit on 16-9-2010 by snowen20 because: Because I spell like a toddler.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
living right next to the arctic circle ill let you know if it gets any colder then usual ,

last year we had a bit more snow but no colder then what it usualy is,

if it all goes bonkers i let you know, till then dont panic and enjoy the natural weather this planet has to offer,

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Stop complaining. You're the only ones who'll be able to see Nibiru because it's coming directly from the south pole...... Take some photos for us will you?

Yes, apparently its been visible since the late 90's which fails to coincide with the prophecies of it hitting in 2000, 2003 and 2005...and soon to be 2012. Will ley you know

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have been checking out NOAA Climate Prediction
Center for the past 5 years. They have been right on
their prediction. Their out-look for 2010-2011. Below average
for Northern states, above average for some southern states.

My prediction, the earth is going to get hotter every year. It would
be nice if we did get a ice age. So the N & S poles would stop melting.
When the moon becomes as bright as the sun, and the sun becomes
7 fold, then comes the son of man.

I can not see the wind, but I can feel the wind on my skin.
I can not see my heavenly father, but I can feel him inside me.
Therefore, I stand by his word.

new topics

top topics

join