It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans self-destruct by refusing to back Christine O'Donnel after her legitimate victory in DE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

No, that position belongs to Timothy Geithner, Treasury Secretary, who has admitted to filing false tax reports at least two times.

edit on 18-9-2010 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

I am sorry but that is the lamest attempt to deflect I think I have ever seen. Basically you are implying there is a limit of one to how many people can be guilty of financial malfiescence. Since we know that is not true, we could spend all day listing people that have these kinds of issues. Luckily this thread is about Christine and my comment was about her being supported by the Tea Party. Since neither applies to Tim or anyone else...lame.

If you cannot defend her, deflect from her. Anyone that can address me seriously would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I am sorry but that is the lamest attempt to deflect I think I have ever seen. Basically you are implying there is a limit of one to how many people can be guilty of financial malfiescence.

No, I'm saying that only one person can hold the title at any given time.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by mishigas
The thing that really irks me is that by these actions, the Rep's are in essence telling us who we are allowed to vote for. I say, screw them.

EXACTLY THE POINT !!!!
we've been spoon fed a list of candidates
for decades and forced to choose one of
the evils presented.

Now, we've got a real choice again
I can smell freedom

and it feels SOOOOOO good

TPTB can kiss my @r$e

where do you get this stuff from? A woman with 20 years in politics is a 'fresh choice'?

do you base your opinion on evidence?

en.wikipedia.org...

If you just believe the Tea PArty talking points, then how are you any different than a R or D?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

What you are choosing to ignore is O'Donnell defeated Mike Castle, an establishment Republican at the federal level. He was removed, by the voters, because of his contributions to our current state of affairs. Eighteen years of contributions. Call it voter instituted term limits, if you will.

But, you know what? If Democrat voters don't start weeding out their establishment politicians, as well, our problems have only begun.

Besides, by listening to the left's pundits, she doesn't stand a chance of winning in the general election, anyway. So, what are you so worried about.

edit on 19-9-2010 by WTFover because: add last two sentences

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by justadood

What you are choosing to ignore is O'Donnell defeated Mike Castle, an establishment Republican at the federal level. He was removed, by the voters, because of his contributions to our current state of affairs. Eighteen years of contributions. Call it voter instituted term limits, if you will.

But, you know what? If Democrat voters don't start weeding out their establishment politicians, as well, our problems have only begun.

I fail to see the connection you are trying to make to my comment to boondock saint that voting for ODonnel represents a 'real choice' when, in fact she has decades of experience within the GOP machine.

Are you going to claim that because she beat out the Republican favorite that she is naturally an outsider? That seems some dubious logic, to be sure.

Besides, by listening to the left's pundits, she doesn't stand a chance of winning in the general election, anyway. So, what are you so worried about.

Well, it's not just the left's pundit's. Karl Rove called her 'nutty' and unelectable, i believe. But regardless, I never implied i was worried in the slightest. I merely challenged the premise that this woman represents a 'real choice'.

As far as ODonnel goes, I dont know enough about her to care much either way. She seems to have a sweet naivete about her that is endearing.But she doesnt represent my district or state, so I really dont care. Never claimed to. Since im not from deleware, i cant claim to know much about her Republican or Democrat rivals, so it's hard to make a call on who would be better. I'll stick to criticizing Heath Shuler, who represents my state.

You seem to be arguing a script that is not based on anything I've actually typed and merely to introduce specific talking points.

edit on 19-9-2010 by justadood because: add more text

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The problem is this for the Republicans. The only people who are hitting the primaries are the people all worked up by the Tea Party. The problem is those people are a loud active yet small group. The general population as always is in the center. In the pimaries canidates tend to play to the more active small radical parts of both parties but quickly move to the center for the main races. The Republicans just do not want to be painted with a brush that will not allow them to move to the center when needed.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Alvin Greene to win the June 8 Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate seat.

Are you saying the tea party elected him? I don't think so.

edit on 20-9-2010 by VAPatriot because: fixed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join