It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans self-destruct by refusing to back Christine O'Donnel after her legitimate victory in DE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Not content with the situation where they stand to gain from the current anger of voters, The RNC and such folks as Karl Rove, and loser Mike Castle refuse to endorse or back the winner in Delaware, Christine O'Donnell. Their actions prove that NEITHER party understands the anger growing among the electorate today. In addition to being quite a sore loser, Mike Castle was never a real Republican in the first place. His voting record was always a clear indication of that, and now his attitude of "taking his ball and bat and going home" have confirmed it, without a doubt. Their attitude that "O'Donnell cannot win in November" merely replays the same script they read prior to the primary yesterday, that she couldn't beat Castle. In reality, do they truly BELIEVE that she cannot win, or are they just upset that a "common citizen" DARED to break into the "good old boys club"?
I believe that the DINOSAURS of both parties are close to bringing about their own extinction.
COMMENTS?

edit on 15-9-2010 by ProfEmeritus because: Caps on "E" of DE

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Odd.. I just went to the store and I thought I heard the leader of the RNC saying that he would back Christine O'Donnell...gonna take another look and see if I heard it incorrectly

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

No, you did hear it. Mitch McConnell, the Republican Senate minority leader, said he would back her. However, the ones I mentioned said that they would not. I suspect as the blowback hits, one by one, they will eat their words and tepidly back her. However, I think that they have shown their true colors.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What they refuse to acknowledge is that O'Donnell becoming the victim of the ire of the establishment Republicans, will only improve her popularity with the people. They are the problem and O'Donnell, along with others like her, is the peoples' solution.

This does my heart good. Small glimmers of hope coming from a lot of places.

edit on 15-9-2010 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I agree. The more they attack her, the more publicity she gets, and the more people see how small such petty political hacks are. Personally, I would love to see virtually all the bums thrown out, and replaced by common citizens who are experiencing the problems CAUSED by the "professional" political hacks. When your own family is affected by your actions, you tend to try to correct the situation. Unfortunately, most of the elected officials are so rich that their families aren't affected by high prices, lack of jobs, lack of medical care, and other necessities that the politicians have in abundance.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
From what I've heard about her in the last few days, isn't she the absolutely bat# religious one?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The thing that really irks me is that by these actions, the Rep's are in essence telling us who we are allowed to vote for. I say, screw them.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftWingLarry
From what I've heard about her in the last few days, isn't she the absolutely bat# religious one?

Oh big deal so what? You'd think her first agenda item was to create a national religion, for goodness sake.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Good for them!

She's a nutcase and has no place in politics.

Wake up, teabaggers! You're being swindled yet again by the social conservative sociopaths!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

What if she wanted to?

I don't understand the mentality of tea party supporters. They complain about Democrats and Republicans but they'll support just about anyone who shares their views. They have the magical ability to ignore the undesirable traits of such candidates because those candidates also represent low-no taxes.

That's just as pathetic as voting for the two-party system. Tea sheeple will destroy the country just as much as anyone voting for either party. Want a real alternative? Don't vote at all!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

So she may be a religious nut. So what? Lots of people here on ATS believe in some pretty weird stuff also - should that disqualify them from politics?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
The thing that really irks me is that by these actions, the Rep's are in essence telling us who we are allowed to vote for. I say, screw them.

EXACTLY THE POINT !!!!
we've been spoon fed a list of candidates
for decades and forced to choose one of
the evils presented.

Now, we've got a real choice again
I can smell freedom

and it feels SOOOOOO good

TPTB can kiss my @r$e

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
To all you Liberal Democrats...Did you forget about Alvin Greene in South Carolina? No one expected Alvin Greene to win the June 8 Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate seat, and now his party doesn't even want him on the ballot.

Do you not think his win amounted to a vote for non of the above? I sure do.

Seem to me this is going on in both parties.

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Excelent point.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
So she may be a religious nut. So what? Lots of people here on ATS believe in some pretty weird stuff also - should that disqualify them from politics?

If they try to implement a religious agenda, yes.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am having a really hard time following along with the Tea Party here. Paladino locking up the poor in prison camps and tossing the n-word around because it is funny is going to be the fresh face of morals, responsibility, and liberty in NY. Sure.

Christine O'Donnel with 20 years in politics, has nothing but questions about he she has mismanaged campaign funds for personal gain is going to be the fresh face of fiscal responsibility?

Am I the only one getting lost here?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I was watching Bill Maher last night and he played a 1999 clip from Politically Incorrect in which O'Donnell said she used to be a witch and that her first date was on a blood covered satanic alter

If I were Republicans, I would stay away from her too. She has Too many skeletons that will come back to haunt her.

Here's the clip:

edit on 18-9-2010 by Aggie Man because: to add vid

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
Christine O'Donnel with 20 years in politics, has nothing but questions about he she has mismanaged campaign funds for personal gain is going to be the fresh face of fiscal responsibility?

No, that position belongs to Timothy Geithner, Treasury Secretary, who has admitted to filing false tax reports at least two times.

edit on 18-9-2010 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Just like Lisa Murkowski in Alaska saying she is thinking of a write in campaign. for her.......Somebody (GOP higher ups) needs to tell the losers of these primaries to just give it up. I would expect the same of Tea Party losers in the primary.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

I see. Tea Party supporters like the weird, out-of-touch with reality candidates.

You'll all be a bunch of fools for electing them!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join