It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From JFK to 9/11 -- The Saga of Exponent Failure Analysis Associates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
the truth shall set you free great find wow

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

If you are interested in pursuing this more, and can be bothered, there may be some correlation between some of these 'investigations' and some of the exec's share selloffs. Perhaps the payoff's come via share gifts
Exponent Management Share Sell Offs

Another website (if they have the persons name listed) will draw up all the links visually to other Corporations, Their Donation's, etc.: NNDB Tracking the whole world

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Very interesting, thanks for the heads up with this info! Exponent is definately a new avenue for people to persue rgarding the real events and intentions of 9-11.

Regarding the member "exponent" I reserve that this is a coincidence but I have that gut feeling its not. How does one just so happen to have an offbeat name the exact same of a company who investigaed the incident the member loves to participate in AND both apparently share the same exact views. As with most everything I look at, if the situation is highly convinient for anybody involved then that person needs the magnifying glass on their arse. Life is not convinient.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Ah to think like a conspiracy theorist: "A coincidence happened! That is too coincidental!"

'exponent' is a common term. I picked it because my normal nickname is 'e^n' and that is not acceptable on this forum.

No big conspiracy needed, although please continue as I find it utterly hilarious all the speculation about who I am. You would be so disappointed if you met me in real life

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just can't believe no one has heard of 'Failure Analysis'
those guys are legend in the Engineering world.
I'm not sure but I think they have analyzed
every commercial plane crash since
the seventies, and if you notice
the rate of failure continues
to decline. No small
thanks to them.

/salute

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The "controlled demolition" theory goes too far for me--too many people would have to be involved and too many chances of getting caught or messing up.

Here's what I think might have happened: they knew about it in advance.

I wouldn't put that past people like Cheney and Rumsfeld. Bush Junior was always a puppet with an IQ of about 70, but very useful in talking to the dumbed down American electorate. Even so, that weren't so dumb as to give him the majority of the vote in 2000 and Bush only won with the votes of five Republicans on the Supreme Court. If Gore had wanted, he could have demanded that the election be thrown into the House of Representatives. Even so, the whole Bush regime had this cloud of illegitimacy and criminality hanging over it even then, and as we all know it got MUCH worse in the years ahead, although naturally none of them have even been investigated.

In any case, Bush and friends knew something was going to happen--something big. I know this because I was in Europe that summer of 2001 and kept getting all these emails from the State Department that a very big terrorist event was expected somewhere. No details, just something very big. This is in May, June, July of 2001, and the warnings were coming every week, sometimes several a week. I've never seen anything like it before or since.

So even I knew that something major was coming. When it happened, the masses would rally around the flag, the whole question of fraud and illegitimacy in the 2000 election would be forgotten, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the rest would get their oil war in Iraq and maybe even Iran, lots of big military contracts, a massive deficit to stimulate the economy and reward cronies, rising oil prices, stock market and mortgage bubbles, plenty of opportunities for carpet bagging in Iraq and other occupied countries.

Yes sir, to the ruling elite that means everything is coming up roses: God is in His heaven and all is right with the world. It was the answer to all their problems, or so it seemed.

So what do they do? They just sit back and let the other side take the first shot. They take the hit, wherever it was going to be. That's what FDR did in 1941. I don't know if he really knew it was going to be Pearl Harbor and it doesn't matter: he knew it was going to be somewhere and then the US would finally get into the war.

Just like Dean Acheson and the rest did in 1950 with the Korean War. They had this little plan for escalating the Cold War called NSC 68 but were not sure they could get it passed. The enemy had to make a move first before Congress and public opinion would buy the plan. So what do they do? Pull the troops out of South Korea in 1948, then a year or so later announce by "mistake" that Korea was not part of our "defenisive" perimeter in Asia. Then sit back and wait. They knew that Kim Il Sung in North Korea was a loon, just as his son is, and that there are always incidents and provocvations going on.

So they waited and let the other side shoot first. They took the first hit, and let the enemy be the aggressor. Even Lincoln did that at the start of the Civil War in 1861, and very cleverly, too, so there's a long tradition of it in US history.

Anyway, that's what I think really happened with 9-11. They knew it woudl be Osama bin Laden and that he was readying a big attack somewhere, very possibly involving planes that would crash into buildings. Maybe they didn't even know all the details, but then they didn't have to as long as it was going to be a big and dramatic attack. They let him have the first shot.

This is more of a meta-conspiracy than a plain old conspiracy, but I've been wondering if it was true ever since that summer of 2001 when all those email warnings just seemed to start popping up out of the blue.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Excellent Post!

"Exponent" sounds like the kind of "Consulting Firm" which an invading army might hire to convince the public of the health benefits of bullets.

For anyone who thinks that armies of people don't get on blogs to "massage the truth" -- then you don't know that there is even a title for people in corporations who manage these people; SEO. An SEO stands for "Search Engine Optimization." And part of that is finding any negative mention of a company on the web and making sure their POSITIVE message is first in web searches -- but beyond that, we KNOW that Wikipedia gets stories manipulated all the time to put certain groups, companies and historic details in a "good light" for various religions, corporations and political groups.

But these Think Tanks and Consulting firms that do nothing but bury the truth and support fiends -- they are traitors to humanity. I don't think we've seen it's like in history -- nobody really had the ability to LIE in order that the world slowly choke on its own waste.

>> I'd just like to ADD, that I don't know about the validity of the accusation against "exponent" in particular -- only that it does happen. And there are active groups trying to push down 9/11 Truth, Global Warming, and the fraud of the War on Terror.

edit on 16-9-2010 by VitriolAndAngst because: needed to add point about the "accused member."

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

Actually the stock I'm putting into you being a exponent shill is virtually zero, Im not making acusations or theories based on such however I am keeping it in mind as I do not know who you are so how can I tell if your lying or telling the truth? I can't. And yes it is a bit convinient so yes it does raise a red flag, all it means is regarding the 9-11 topic your comments/opinions/views will be under higher scutiny than others (from my perspective).

What I find very interesting and slightly comical myself is that, because of your views and your name, someone decided to further their research and came accross quite a gem of information that otherwise wasn't popular knowledge. I don't think I have heard of the exponenet group regarding 9-11 before this thread. So, I thank you for inadvertantly, through your name and views, bringing light to a otherwise under the radar group regarding 9-11. This new information/perspective will serve valueable in finding the truth of the 9-11 event.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Sly1one because: sentence

edit on 16-9-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

If I were your attorney, I would suggest taking the 5th.
Not that I AM an attorney...or that I would even consider it.
Cuz I am a truther. Conflict of interest.
Exponent the company needs further review, however.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So why would the presumably not-in-big-trouble U.S. government hire Exponent Failure Analysis Associates to investigate the worst terrorist attacks in history?

Why would said company "Exponent Failure Analysis Associates" not adhere to the international, multi-continental, standards for investigating set forth by The National Fire Protection Association aka: The Law Of FIREFIGHTERS???

noninvestigation:

firefighters cannot forget, we shall always remember
what happened to us on the eleventh of september

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Funny you should mention the firefighting profession. Very few listened to Fire Engineering magazine's Editor in Chief Bill Manning when he wrote the following in 2002:

$elling Out the Investigation
By Bill Manning

Did they throw away the locked doors from the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire? Did they throw away the gas can used at the Happyland Social Club Fire? Did they cast aside the pressure-regulating valves at the Meridian Plaza Fire? Of course not. But essentially, that's what they're doing at the World Trade Center.

For more than three months, structural steel from the World Trade Center has been and continues to be cut up and sold for scrap. Crucial evidence that could answer many questions about high-rise building design practices and performance under fire conditions is on the slow boat to China, perhaps never to be seen again in America until you buy your next car.

Such destruction of evidence shows the astounding ignorance of government officials to the value of a thorough, scientific investigation of the largest fire-induced collapse in world history. I have combed through our national standard for fire investigation, NFPA 921, but nowhere in it does one find an exemption allowing the destruction of evidence for buildings over 10 stories tall.

Hoping beyond hope, I have called experts to ask if the towers were the only high-rise buildings in America of lightweight, center-core construction. No such luck. I made other calls asking if these were the only buildings in America with light-density, sprayed-on fireproofing. Again, no luck-they were two of thousands that fit the description.

Comprehensive disaster investigations mean increased safety. They mean positive change. NASA knows it. The NTSB knows it. Does FEMA know it?

No. Fire Engineering has good reason to believe that the "official investigation" blessed by FEMA and run by the American Society of Civil Engineers is a half-baked farce that may already have been commandeered by political forces whose primary interests, to put it mildly, lie far afield of full disclosure. Except for the marginal benefit obtained from a three-day, visual walk-through of evidence sites conducted by ASCE investigation committee members -- described by one close source as a "tourist trip" -- no one's checking the evidence for anything.

Maybe we should live and work in planes. That way, if disaster strikes, we will at least be sure that a thorough investigation will help find ways to increase safety for our survivors.

As things now stand and if they continue in such fashion, the investigation into the World Trade Center fire and collapse will amount to paper- and computer-generated hypotheticals.

However, respected members of the fire protection engineering community are beginning to raise red flags, and a resonating theory has emerged: The structural damage from the planes and the explosive ignition of jet fuel in themselves were not enough to bring down the towers...

www.globalresearch.ca...

Originally posted by exponent
No, I do not and as far as I know have never done work for this firm in any capacity.

As far as you know? Is there someone who might know better? I must say Mr. Ex, for someone who professes to have an excellent memory, this statement seems somewhat less than certain.

Anyway, it's not necessary to respond. Anything more will look like a case of, 'methinks thou doth protest too much.'

edit on 9/16/2010 by GoldenFleece because: Added Mr. Ex quote

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know if their investigations have ever not found in favor of their corporate or governmental clients.

In the present situation, even the fact that they regularly receive government contracts is suspicious!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A pro-industry environmental consulting firm

With over 90 scientific and engineering disciplines, Exponent’s staff of approximately 900, located in 19 offices throughout the nation and 4 international offices, combines unparalleled technical... more » With over 90 scientific and engineering disciplines, Exponent’s staff of approximately 900, located in 19 offices throughout the nation and 4 international offices, combines unparalleled technical expertise with the ability, when necessary, to focus this knowledge in extremely short time frames. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, physicians, engineers, and regulatory consultants will perform either in-depth scientific research and analysis, or very rapid-response evaluations, to provide our clients with the critical information that both day-to-day and strategic decisions can require. « less

Michael R Gaulke Executive Chairman
Paul R Johnston President and Chief Executive Officer
Ali Reza Corporate Vice President
John Pye Corporate Vice President

as of Jul 9, 2010
Barbara M Barrett
She also has served on the corporate boards of Raytheon and Exponent, and was a trustee of the Aerospace Corporation, the Thunderbird School of Global Management and the Mayo Clinic.
Barrett is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and formerly was a candidate for governor of Arizona. She earned bachelor', master's and law degrees at Arizona State University.
source .
littlesis.org... peace

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Definition of MARTIAL LAW
1: the law applied in occupied territory by the military authority of the occupying power

2: the law administered by military forces that is invoked by a government in an emergency when the civilian law enforcement agencies are unable to maintain public order and safety.

(strike and bolden added by et)

if 911 was not a time for martial law, what would be?

would martial law be overtly announced simultaneously to hundreds of millions of citizens? (rhetorical question) this would not serve the purpose of what martial law is for: maintain public order and safety.

when was martial law undeclared? or is this a united nations thing, or some shadow anti-united nations group of societies? i don't know.

just some of my thoughts,
et

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
pretty good.. pretty good..

but you didn't "muckety":

I always find it helpful to see what other relationships occur.

Digging into some two- or three-tier relationships can be enlightening.

...and, this one has a certain symmetry.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by _ibid

MUCKETY!

I love it. Thanks for that.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

very welcome...

not an all-knowing source... for example, no obvious two tier link of Barrett to CFR (which is a HUGE red flag in my opinion), but that club does have several thousand members, so...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Interesting thread... makes you wonder if other posters work for the same type of company. He certainly isn't the only one with a singular interest in deflecting 9/11 conspiracy theories. There are definitely a group of them who pounce on any 9/11 thread - and only 9/11 threads - and likely go around starring each others' posts as well. Hell you can't even call them debunkers... imo they are here to derail and manage perception around 9/11 theories, whilst throwing mud at anyone and everyone who DARES question the official story. They appear to get away with all manner of insults and plain rudeness to other ATS members as well.

Makes you wonder.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Star'd and (SNIP!) Flagged x 1000.

WOW incredible post op. Everyone should post this info on other forums imo. I am pretty informed on 9/11 and how this information has escaped the debate for so long is incredible.

(Personal commentary removed.)

Mod edit: Personal commentary removed. Please see my post below and this thread. -- Majic

edit on 9/16/2010 by Majic because: T&C violations

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
IMPORTANT NOTE ON THE TOPIC AND ATS MEMBERSHIP

ATS is not a place where investigation of or speculation about the identity of any member is appropriate (NOTE: See below). As a general rule, threads dedicated to such activities are closed or removed. Contribution of opinions on ATS should never be met with ad hominem attacks, speculations about "real life" identities or other attempts to intimidate or discourage participation.

Consider how it would feel to have ATS used for discussion of your own identity and personal details, and it should be obvious why such behavior constitutes a direct attack on the integrity of the ATS community and is strictly prohibited.

To the extent further posts in this thread are directed toward any individual member, they will be subject to warning and removal, so please don't.

That said, the topic of Exponent Failure Analysis itself seems to be quite relevant to the subjects ATS covers and of legitimate interest to its members. Discussion of such an organization and its role in events of historical significance is precisely the sort of thing that is on-topic for our forums, and seems worthy of further exploration.

Because of the discussion regarding a specific ATS member, I have ALERTed this thread for review by my fellow staff members, with a recommendation that it remain open for discussion -- provided that the discussion be confined to the topic of Exponent Failure Analysis and related issues.

Pending the results of that review, please feel free to discuss the topic, but also please be advised that abuse, harassment or attacks directed toward any member of ATS will be subject to the same corrective action in this thread as in any other.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

NOTE: That is, of course, with the exception of those members who specifically invite such investigation or speculation, such as "I am an alien" or "I am Jesus" threads and the like. Thanks to an astute fellow member for pointing that out via U2U.

edit on 9/16/2010 by Majic because: Added Note.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join