It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors and Animals Alike Tell Us: Avoid Genetically Modified Food

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My corn tortillas gave me a sore throat and smell like insecticide. I bet it is GM.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Mosanto:
www.monsanto.com...

"In 2001, Monsanto made the decision to focus its biotechnology program on four key row crops: corn, soy, wheat and cotton. Ongoing activities involving several other crops, including potatoes, were scaled back. Sales and marketing of the NewLeaf™ potato varieties were suspended, but the products remain fully approved in the United States and Canada.

Potatoes are an important crop and there may be a day in the future when Monsanto re-enters the potato business. Market demand will be one factor in that decision."

GM Potatoes and Rats:

en.wikipedia.org...

"results of his research showed feeding genetically modified potatoes to rats had negative effects on their stomach lining and immune system. This led to Puztai being suspended and his annual contract was not renewed. The resulting controversy became known as the Pusztai affair."

www.potatopro.com...

"In North America, currently no genetically modified potatoes are commercially grown. But the GM potato has already a colorful history in the US and Canada:

Between 1996 and 2001 Monsanto introduced a range of GM potatoes with resistances against Colorado beetle and PVY virus (Newleaf/Naturemark). Farmers started to grow these potatoes, but the acreage never exceeded 2-3 % of the total potato crop. Major companies such as McDonald's, Wendy's and Frito-Lay refused to use GM potatoes, primarily due to consumer skepticism regarding the unknown environmental and health consequences of GM foods. In 2000 McCain declared to stop processing GM potatoes and other french fry manufacturers followed."

POSTERS COMMENT: Above States that there is no GM potatoes in the commercial system, but information on another website says differently.

www.potatoesnb.com...

"The Bon Accord Elite Seed Potato Centre is another important part of the New Brunswick seed potato industry. Bon Accord is located in Victoria County, in an area well isolated from commercial potato production. The centre produces Nuclear Stock, Pre-elite and Elite classes of seed potatoes."

www.gnb.ca...

"Our products and facilities...

The Bon Accord Elite Seed Potato Centre is located in Victoria County, and is owned and operated by the New Brunswick Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Aquaculture. The Centre offers Nuclear Stock, Pre-Elite and Elite 1 classes of seed to New Brunswick's potato industry. A wide selection of varieties and seedlings are produced, including genetically modified material and varieties protected by Plant Breeders' Rights."

POSTER COMMENT: What is the GM Material that is being used on this facility as indicated in the above link?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I know scientifically it is mainstream thought that all animal responses are due to instinct. Well, my instinct and observations tell me otherwise. Animals KNOW! Call it a sixth sense of some sort.

I think it is the sense of smell. Eat a heritage tomato and then try a "vine ripened" store bought GMO tomato YUCK
The same goes from pasture raised beef vs confinement GMO raised beef.

We just do not pay attention to our taste buds. (Sense of smell)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join