It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors and Animals Alike Tell Us: Avoid Genetically Modified Food

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Well They wont live long either. I know I will be blasted, but I must say, reckless multiplication of humanity
(on all levels)is irresponsible. The Children of the World are a blessing, but is it not foolish of us as adults to not
take into consideration the resources that are available. Is it not irresponsible to bring a child into the existence
of starvation? Not only irresponsible but selfishness and cruelty on behalf of the parent and society?

If we as adults or parents are so reckless in our mission for profit that we do not see that our actions will render
our direct lineage at some point(even if it is 7 generations from now) completely destitute, is it not illogical?

Yes, I believe that all souls are immortal. Therefore I believe with great concern that it is our responsibility to
take action to prevent a soul from being born into unnecessary suffering. That is, into a world devoid of the
required resources for that souls divine existence as human. Is it not also selfish to place catastrophic burden upon the other creatures and plants of our glorious world? Yes they know, the animals know. We will be the ruin of them. We will be the ruin of ourselves if we do not elevate to this. Enough words have been spoken.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Remember that GMO fruits/veg have a sticker with 5 numbers that always begins with an 8.
Organics begin with a 9, and true organics must say 100% organic.

spec

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
That the MON810 genetically modified Corn [maize] is producing the "Bacillius Thuringiensis" bacteria that is lethal to the digestive tract of insects, is fascinating. Monsanto argue that the bacteria do not effect the digestive tract of humans. However, that is obviously not the case. Insects might die immediately because they are small. However, humans and large animals might not die immediately [although some evidence shows that they have died immediately] but will suffer complications which lead to death further down the road. The bacterium infect the gut and will adapt to their new environment leading to rupture in the intestine at some later date, probably long after ingesting the GMO product.

I believe that we are all infected. This genocide is happening right now. Monsanto [Michael Taylor] are certainly going to have to swing before God in the Day of Judgment. They escape human law enforcements but certainly will not be able to escape Divine Law enforcements. They can bribe the human judges but cannot bribe God. Obviously they say "There is no God". However, that atheistic credo is fast going out of fashion within the scientific community.

Defending yourself against the "Bacillius Thuringiensis" might be possible by eating YOGURT so as to keep the digestive system regularly supplied with a fresh ingestion of healthy digestive "Probiotic Lacto Casei" which hopefully will keep the number of intestinal "Bacillius Thuringiensis" down in number ? The medical profession might be able to create a vaccine to counter the intestinal growth of "Bacillius Thuringiensis" ?

Now we can understand why the Corn [maize] growers are wanting their crops to be used for the production of ETHANOL for use as a BIOFUEL. That is the "alcohol" that you can drink, which is not the same as the "methanol" that you should not drink. The world is only beginning to suffer the food shortages that this is going to create. The animals refuse to eat the GMO feed. If they eat the GMO feed they die or develop complications. This is a major catastrophe emerging.

This problem has arisen because they put "money making" as more important than "human rights". It is a total lack of MORALITY that is cause of this. They show no respect for the LAW OF GOD. When I say the Law of God what I mean is as follows. In the year 2000 during the celebrations for the beginning of the new millennium, I received an audio clairevoyant revelation spiritually from an angellic source. It is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm) and is basically summed up as being no sex and no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One God there be no other God. Her names are many but she be the one true God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La deus nostra, notre dame, our lady, The holy spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving her above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to her above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright NGL 2000.

SHIMONO

edit on 16/9/2010 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

That really makes me wonder about ulcers and Crohn's disease. The people I know afflicted with such issues seem to claim that the doctors can not tell them why they have it or really treat it with anything better than guesses and the latest "trial" medications. Could these types of things be symptoms of the long term effects on a much larger animal ingesting this stuff over time?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
But gosh, didn't the FDA and USDA say GMOs were safe? And you guys thought that there would be change with obama. The only change we got was it got worse.

Originally posted by wcitizen

Doctors and Animals Alike Tell Us: Avoid Genetically Modified Food

FIXED LINK

The farmer grinned as he told the visitor, “Watch this!” He called his pigs, which ran frantically towards him to be fed. But when he scooped out corn and threw it on the ground, the pigs sniffed it and then looked up at the farmer with confused expectation. The farmer then scooped corn from another bin and flung it near the pigs, which ran over and quickly devoured it.

The farmer said, “The first corn is genetically engineered. They won’t touch it.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-9-2010 by burdman30ott6 because: Original link was directing to totally different article

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

That really makes me wonder about ulcers and Crohn's disease. The people I know afflicted with such issues seem to claim that the doctors can not tell them why they have it or really treat it with anything better than guesses and the latest "trial" medications. Could these types of things be symptoms of the long term effects on a much larger animal ingesting this stuff over time?

I absolutely agree with you. There are considerable number of ways that the "Bacillius Thuringiensis" can adapt and get into a person, thus causing trouble. It is causing infertility and birth defects. Is this why the wife of Conservative polititian WILLIAM HAGUE is giving birth to a run of still born offspring ? Did they get this problem because they visited the USA ? Where the GMO foods are legal. Once infected the "Bacillius Thuringiensis" will take hold in the gut and start adapting. Slowly killing us all. The important thing to realise is that you only need to have eaten GMO corn [maize] once in order for the "Bacillius Thuringiensis" to get into your gut.

edit on 16/9/2010 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Great find. S&F.

I like this paragraph:

,“Several animal studies indicate serious health risks associated with GM food,” says the American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) policy paper, which specifically cited infertility, immune problems, accelerated aging, insulin regulation, and changes in major organs and the gastrointestinal system, among the impacts of eating GMOs. “There is more than a casual association between GM foods and adverse health effects,” they wrote. “There is causation…”

...I'm off to check out the AAEM and see what else they're up to.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Hi There, on the average(I know, broad term) one square centimeter of soil contains 2.5 Million bacteria and
roughly 50,000 fungi in the form of spores or mycelium sp.? The fungus "Thurigiensis" sp? (I'm in a hurry)
is a common fungus that occurs naturally. The deal is that it takes time to multiply to a level that would be detrimental to the host. This threshold must occur within the life cycle of the insect rapidly. Completely different
case with humans.The life cycle of the insect is a matter of months. Within that seasonal period of time the insect
will change its feeding habits to to physiological changes. The idea is to promote this premature threshold to critical
mass Before the insect morphs into the consumer of the target crop. This method of procedure has nothing whatsoever to do with genetic alteration for the resistance to Patented Herbicides. Nor does it have anything to do
with a plant producing Patented Organophosphates on a cellular level due to direct genetic manipulation.
I must go now, but I would be more than willing to elaborate. Cheers to all you ATS Thinkers......Wildmanimal

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I came across an interesting article not too long ago that easily shows how to determine what is a Genetically Engineered piece of fruit, an organically grown piece of fruit, or a conventionally grown fruit; by just looking at the sticker. Simple.

For conventionally grown fruit, (grown with chemicals inputs), the PLU code on the sticker consists of four numbers. Organically grown fruit has a five-numeral PLU prefaced by the number 9. Genetically engineered (GM) fruit has a five-numeral PLU prefaced by the number 8. For example

A conventionally grown banana would be:

An organic banana would be:

A genetically engineered (GE or GMO) banana would be:

Check out the Article here www.plantea.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This kind of information has been known - and I mean to the mainstream scientific community - for at LEAST a decade. The data keeps piling up that show GMOs fail on two counts - first is to deliver on what they were marketed to do, which is increase yields, and second, the methods used to create these GMOs are extremely sloppy and lead to excessive genetic damage.

When you introduce large-scale genetic damage to a crop, you are essentially throwing a wrecking ball into a pottery store. The finished product may (most of the time) look like its original predecessor, but on a sub-cellular level, the various processes that produce the nutrition and anti-oxidants that are abundant in plants are radically disrupted.

The types of proteins and RNA/DNA sequences being produced have a high potential to be completely new, alien organic material. War of the Worlds ring a bell? What caused the aliens to die? That was based on a certain degree of scientific fact. We wouldn't survive for 3 seconds if we weren't finely tuned to survive in our environments. Well, if we allow GMO's to go unchecked, WE are risking the same fate as those aliens. The very food we rely on to nourish us may end up poisoning us out of existence.

Don't worry about Earth, she'll be fine - she will adapt and continue - it's us that are in trouble.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by creepypirate

Wow, that is news to me. I always thought those numbers were completely arbitrary! Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Recently while shopping at a local grocery store that specializes in Asian foods, I noticed that many items (non-produce) were labeled as non GMO. The items labeled non GMO were made outside of the U.S.

I will be shopping there more often in the future, as now I actually have a way to tell which foods contain GMO's and which foods do not. This is not possible in other stores, unless you buy organic.

edit on 17-9-2010 by PacificBlue because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally from the provided link
"It’s not just pigs that swear off genetically modified organisms (GMOs). In South Africa, Strilli Oppenheimer’s chickens won’t eat genetically modified (GM) corn. Most buffalo in Haryana, India, refuse cottonseed cakes if made from GM cotton plants. Geese migrating through Illinois only munched sections of the soybean field that was non-GMO. When given a choice, elk, deer, raccoons, and rats all avoided GMOs. And even during the coldest days of Iowa winter, squirrels, which regularly devour natural corn, refused to touch the GM variety."

While I eat very little meat, and practice raw-foodism (eating only raw, non-processed, fresh food), buying almost everything I eat from local, organic agriculture, my feelings towards Genetically Modified crops are mixed. I feel perspectives on the anti GM scare is necessary in order to better evaluate them.

First of all, humanity has been consuming genetically modified food for thousands of years. In case anyone had any doubts, selective breeding is equivalent to genetically modifying the species that we consume. Basically all commercially sold fruits, vegetables and meat have been genetically modified in this way, depriving them of a natural evolution that selects or de-selects them in relation to their natural habitat. So, the genetically modified pigs didn't want to eat the genetically modified corn? That's an odd one.

While on the subject of corn, it's natural habitat is in the Mesoamerican region. While corn was originally a totally different (hardly edible) plant, with kernels the size and structure of grape seeds, it stayed in its natural habitat. But as man started to genetically modify it, turning it into the many different (unnatural) varieties that exists today, it started to spread over the American continent, and finally the whole world, thus bringing it out of its biosphere and introducing it in new ones, often damaging or deregulating these ecosystems. So, the point I'm driving at here, if you snub GM foods, do the same thing with plants or animals cultivated out of their natural zone. Eat only wild, endemic plants and animals. It's simply a question of applying your convictions a 100% rather than 50%.

If you eat cooked food, you introduce toxic and carcinogen substances in your body on a regular basis. You alter the nutritional value of the food, by destroying vitamin, enzymes and fibers. It always surprises me when people attack GM crop products, but they think bread or vegetable soup from non GM products is 'healthy' food. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Personally, I see destruction and pollution of the biosphere as a much greater threat than GM organisms. The basic principle of nature is survival of the fittest. Nature doesn't care if an organism has been genetically altered in a Monsanto laboratory, it cares only about survival. If that genetically modified corn has a better capacity to survive than the already genetically modified corn, then so be it. Nature takes care of that process much better than we do. Of course, we care about how it will affect US, not nature.

Returning to the article posted, genetic modification can be done for several different reasons. It can be done to make a species more edible, better looking or more resistant to natural enemies. Therefore you cannot lump all GM products into one, by insinuating that all animals avoid all GM crops. That is simply not true. Some food crops such as corn can be altered genetically to reinforce pest resistance. It is likely that the genes introduced in the corn produce some type of substance that not only harmful pests are sensible to, but also pigs.

Humans on the other hand are stupid enough to eat almost anything.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Heliocentric because: better choice of words

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It would seem that someone at Monsanto never really though through the simple logic here. The natural pesticides were designed by nature to protect the original plants against insects and larger animals from eating them. They were weeds!. And the simple piece of logic they overlooked was that as far as the plant is concerned we are nothing but very large pests.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have to give SnF

Because it explain why my grains dont have "bugs". Years ago when I was a kid, theyre like everywhere in the grains within 1 month. Now, theyre not anywhere to been seen (extinct ?). It might not GMO per se, maybe pesticide, but what kill others can kill us too in long term I think.

I dont really know GMO is a blessing or a curse.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There are trillions upon trillions of microbes living on and in the human body. To put this into perspective, Jeffrey Gordon, a professor at the Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine, who studies the microbes that live on and in us, offers this factoid: "We think that there are 10 times more microbial cells on and in our bodies than there are human cells. That means that we're 90 percent microbial and 10 percent human. There's also an estimated 100 times more microbial genes than the genes in our human genome. So we're really a compendium [and] an amalgamation of human and microbial parts."

Gordon's research shows that these microbes living in our bodies aren't just there for the ride — they're actively contributing to the normal physiology of the human body. He points to the trillions of microbes that live in our gut, doing everything from encoding enzymes to serving as pathways for vitamin production to digesting the parts of food we can't digest on our own.

"We're trying to understand how these compendia of microbes operate as a community — how they are shaped by the habitats in which they live and, in turn, how they shape us," he says. "To what extent can we attribute different aspects of our physiology to our microbial communities? If a person has a physiological state — if they're obese or if they have diseases like inflammatory bowel disease — how much of that disease is attributable to their microbial communities, and how can we establish that relationship?"

Part of Gordon's research involves looking at the populations of microbes that may be associated with obesity. His team took two groups of mice — one lean and one obese — and transplanted microbial communities from their gut into the intestinal tracts of mice that were previously germ-free.

"We noted that those mice who received the microbial communities from obese donors gained more fat than those mice who received microbial communities from lean donors," he says.

Though scientists don't yet understand why certain populations of microbes may be associated with obesity, Gordon says they plan to do further studies to see if targeting specific communities of microbes could change our body's relationship with digesting our food, which could then lead to new therapies to combat obesity.

Gordon has also looked at the role microbes in the gut play in combating diseases.

He points to an example of a patient infected with the Clostridium difficile bacteria, which causes severe diarrhea and can frequently return, even when treated with antibiotics. The patient was treated with a transfusion of gut microbials from a healthy individual's fecal material to restore the bacterial flora in the intestinal tract — and symptoms improved.

Robert Boston / Washington University in St. Louis Dr. Jeffrey Gordon is the director of the Center for Genome Sciences at the Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine. "Most people have this view of our encounters with microbes from the perspective of disease. But that couldn't be farther from the truth," Gordon says. "Most of our interactions with microbes are beneficial and are healthy. And here you have an example of a transplantation of a microbial community ... to help cure this reoccurring and relapsing and severe disease."

Dr. Jeffrey Gordon is the director of the Center for Genome Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis. He is internationally known for his research on gut microbial communities and gastrointestinal development. He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies.

[url=http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129862107]> Link to the Original Website

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
How would pollen from GM plants be kept from making all the plants GM on the surface of the earth? Once you grow it, it gets into everything.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
How would pollen from GM plants be kept from making all the plants GM on the surface of the earth? Once you grow it, it gets into everything.

That's precisely the danger. You CAN'T recall something like a GMO that spreads via seeds or pollen. Once in the wild, then the only mechanism that can stop it, is if mother nature finds a way to grow a resistance to it. I don't even know if that's possible - we're in a very, very dangerous situation.

Check out this link. Mexico's dozens of native species of corn that date back thousands of years are being completely eradicated by GM infestation.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Another recent interview with the same dude. I've been sitting on this and have yet to watch it as I doubt I will learn anything new but here it is for anyone else who wants to view it.

I find the whole situation quite disgusting. I try to do the best I can but who knows what's in anything nowadays.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

What's to stop genetically modified 'domesticated' pigs from breaking out and contaminating the wild pig population (I hope you've read George Orwell's "Animal Farm")? Or what if dogs (an unnatural animal bred by man) interbred with wolves, contaminating the genetic stock? Or what about the fact that corn (in it's present form) is not a naturally evolved plant, but a human genetic creation?

It seems like you assume that everything man has already done to genetically modify the eco system is okay, but GMO isn't. Please explain.

Originally posted by Son of Will
That's precisely the danger. You CAN'T recall something like a GMO that spreads via seeds or pollen. Once in the wild, then the only mechanism that can stop it, is if mother nature finds a way to grow a resistance to it. I don't even know if that's possible - we're in a very, very dangerous situation.

Let me explain nature to you in a few short words. Nature is one big genetic experiment, with various different genetic combinations constantly evolving. What decides an organism's survival (or not) are environmental conditions, nothing else. If an organism is capable of surviving, then it has nature's approval, and will continue to develop and evolve. If not, it will die off. It's as simple as that, still it works.

You talk about "danger", and finding a way to "grow resistance". That's because you put a (human) value to GMO as something 'bad', while you give natural selection a "good" value. Nature doesn't do that, it doesn't care about human values, It cares only about one thing, survival.

Have you ever considered that close to everything you eat falls into your own "bad" category? Tomatoes, corn, wheat, pig, cow, all these domesticated plants and animals have been genetically modified by man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join