It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors and Animals Alike Tell Us: Avoid Genetically Modified Food

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Doctors and Animals Alike Tell Us: Avoid Genetically Modified Food

FIXED LINK

The farmer grinned as he told the visitor, “Watch this!” He called his pigs, which ran frantically towards him to be fed. But when he scooped out corn and threw it on the ground, the pigs sniffed it and then looked up at the farmer with confused expectation. The farmer then scooped corn from another bin and flung it near the pigs, which ran over and quickly devoured it.

The farmer said, “The first corn is genetically engineered. They won’t touch it.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-9-2010 by burdman30ott6 because: Original link was directing to totally different article

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This article by Jeffrey M. Smith should go viral. Animals are often smarter than us, and the fact that so many animals are refusing to eat GM food is a warning from nature for us all.

And, according to the article, when animals do eat GM food, the result is "not pretty."

Also according to the article,

"The two primary reasons why plants are engineered are to allow them to either drink poison, or produce poison. "

Please take the time to read this whole article, and please pass it on.

FIXED LINK
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-9-2010 by burdman30ott6 because: Original link was directing to totally different article

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Oops. Double thread. Apologies.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of GMO's for many, many reasons. Thanks for the link and the read.

S&F

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Pretty sad considering that the health care system isn't even going to be able to handle the baby boomers retiring. The illnesses coming down the pipe from this garbage are really gonna finish it. Of course the rapidly dwindling number of able bodied tax payers in the work force will also take a hit. So who will pay for the broken system?

And I have no doubt that this will play out because I really don't think the sheeple are paying attention. There will be an epidemic of illness from eating roundup before anyone will even care.
Just look at the bee/bat colony collapses and cell phones tied to everyones skull 24/7. I think nature is taking its course.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We can often learn from animals if we take time to notice how intelligent they really are.
This info is good to know. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Thanks for creating this thread. This is important stuff. I know scientifically it is mainstream thought that all
animal responses are due to instinct. Well, my instinct and observations tell me otherwise. Animals KNOW!
Call it a sixth sense of some sort. I understand the suggested benefits of modifying plants to increase drought
tolerance, frost resistant varieties, fungal resistant varieties, etc. I do believe this is best done though cross breeding
over time. Genetically modifying a plant to produce toxins and/or be toxin resistant is unwise and potentially
dangerous. In fact, a slip up could cause cross pollination into adjacent non GM plant resulting in disaster.
The devastation can be both ecological and financial, as well as potentially hazardous to health.
Remember the rice fiasco? I have worked with animals that have had more common sense than "educated people"
I have met. So anyway, the idea is to avoid this stuff. Kinda hard to do, when it is in everything. Corn syrup, Beet
derived sugar, animal feed,etc. Shouldn't we demand that ALL products that contain Dr. Frankenstein GM
modification be CLEARLY Labeled?!? I think all tests and experiments of these new GM plants should be tested
on the people creating, marketing, and selling these products. How about them apples?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I did this experiment at home some years ago, when I noticed my dog wouldn't even eat certain leftovers that I gave her, even if she was hungry, she gave me the look, something like, "you dont expect me to eat this crap, go get me those crackers/dry foods, I aint even going to sniff that stuff" ...But to be fair some of those gmos are not good, while some it just takes your system some time to adjust to it....But all in all if your dog wont eat what your eating, its time to check up on what exactly your putting in your body.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
We can often learn from animals if we take time to notice how intelligent they really are.

About a month ago. Just like the pigs, I offered a piece of McD's sausage to old mister kitty..a rare treat he relished. He trotted over with glee only to reject it after a brief sniff. He used to eat it, heck.. he used to like it.

He still digs on Jimmy Dean I cook up and any other sausage I might bring home and choose to share..

I'm wondering if Ronald's pigs are force fed GMO poop.. or ARE some corporate GMO zombie pigs created in a petri dish..lol. Whatever they are, the cat stopped eating them.

The dog still eats it though.. but he'll eat anything up to and including his own crap.. so...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Moderator Note: The site originally linked to the OP apparently changed the article dramatically. When I tried to view the article, it was instead about an Israeli sex slave ring

I Googled the headline and corrected the link with the first news article that popped up matching both the headline & the quoted paragraph.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hi, good food fans.

Just to say that we switched to BIOLOGIC/ORGANIC foods, a few months ago.

We do NOT eat the processed foods in "normal" groceries.
We now only buy in the BIO section of our "IGA store" near our home, or
buy in a TOTALY BIO store called "TAU", further away from home,
and directly from BIO farms ! !
! ! You should see/taste the GOOD difference with yogurts ! !

We are now MUCH less affraid to eat "Roundup ready" crap, or Aspartame crap,
or Splenda crap, fluoride crap, MSG crap. . .We aslo changed our tooth paste. . .

REMEMBER:
The way you spend your dollar$ is a VOTE on what you want now and in the future !

I have read/heard. . .( don't remember ) that many BIO businesses
grow 20% per year ! ! ALLLLLL RRRRIGHT ! ! ! ! B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Thanks for creating this thread. This is important stuff. I know scientifically it is mainstream thought that all
animal responses are due to instinct. Well, my instinct and observations tell me otherwise. Animals KNOW!
Call it a sixth sense of some sort. I understand the suggested benefits of modifying plants to increase drought
tolerance, frost resistant varieties, fungal resistant varieties, etc. I do believe this is best done though cross breeding
over time. Genetically modifying a plant to produce toxins and/or be toxin resistant is unwise and potentially
dangerous. In fact, a slip up could cause cross pollination into adjacent non GM plant resulting in disaster.
The devastation can be both ecological and financial, as well as potentially hazardous to health.
Remember the rice fiasco? I have worked with animals that have had more common sense than "educated people"
I have met. So anyway, the idea is to avoid this stuff. Kinda hard to do, when it is in everything. Corn syrup, Beet
derived sugar, animal feed,etc. Shouldn't we demand that ALL products that contain Dr. Frankenstein GM
modification be CLEARLY Labeled?!? I think all tests and experiments of these new GM plants should be tested
on the people creating, marketing, and selling these products. How about them apples?

Thanks, wildanimal.

Me too, I believe animals know, and I love this article because animals are so naturally honest - unbiased and uncorruptable!

I don't really think these GM products have been developed to help, I think it's all part of their control and population culling. When the author says GM plants are modified to either take in poison or create poison, I believe that is the real nasty in here, the real intent.

I was reading recently that by using modern knowledge combined with organic farming they are getting better yields by far than the GM crops. Also, it seems that GM weeds are becoming a real problem and in some places where they still have a choice, they are refusing to use them.

There are some court cases going on currently with regard to GM seeds, I pray they will be banned. The problem is Monsanto is a huge Zionist corporation, so has a lot of 'influence'.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So like the above poster said it is really difficult to avoid genetically modified food. So to avoid it one has to buy ALL organic food? So all the "regular" stuff is genetically modified?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by govtflu

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

About a month ago. Just like the pigs, I offered a piece of McD's sausage to old mister kitty..a rare treat he relished. He trotted over with glee only to reject it after a brief sniff. He used to eat it, heck.. he used to like it.

He still digs on Jimmy Dean I cook up and any other sausage I might bring home and choose to share..

I'm wondering if Ronald's pigs are force fed GMO poop.. or ARE some corporate GMO zombie pigs created in a petri dish..lol. Whatever they are, the cat stopped eating them.

The dog still eats it though.. but he'll eat anything up to and including his own crap.. so...

It's nice to hear from someone who has had the actual experience with their pet. I avoid GM as much as I possibly can, so mine hasn't had any yet. But the next time she refuses something she usually likes, I will know what to suspect.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
I'm not a big fan of GMO's for many, many reasons. Thanks for the link and the read.

S&F

Thanks.

Second line

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This thread/topic is an interesting piece to the puzzle. Here are some of the pieces I've assembled:

1. GMO foods contribute to factors in our bodies that lead to an unhealthy state and disease. Yet big corporations (BCs) continue to create and promote these foods.
2. Healthcare is in shambles. It's a shame, the state it's in.
3. There are toxins in our water, fluoride, namely. And who knows what else. A study revealed trace amounts of prescription drugs in groundwater a few years ago.
4. Social security is bound to fail eventually because there will be too many people to support.

There are probably a few more pieces I should list, but this is enough to get the point across. It seems that "they" (social security bean-counters, BCs, global elite) don't *want* us to live long. We are "tenants in their timeshare." The engineered housing crisis and economic collapse meant a LOT of people lost their homes. They want us to work, RENT and die without much, if any "real" property (real estate) to pass on; pretty much a permanent, dumb working class.

If we pass away from all the toxins BEFORE we collect social security, then social security might be sustainable. They keep raising the retirement age, and the lifespan (for the first time) got shorter instead of longer, during the last study I'm aware of.

POPULATION CONTROL.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I have been told time and time again, that genetically altered food was good, no matter how much i disagreed no one ever believed me, because "the goverment wouldnt ever put something harmful in our food"

Lets face it, we barly even know what we are doing let alone the effects of geneticlly altered food, which btw WILL # up your DNA, down your family tree, deformations in your body, like random bumps all over, because your DNA is unstable when altered very quick (why else does evolution take a long time)

Of course no one ever thinks ahead because thats "too hard" to some people, bah not my probelm if your dna kills you lol

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You are quite welcome. I must say to be clear, that I have a great respect and fondness for science. Although
I believe time tested cross breeding is more true, I do understand the demands of the ever increasing population
of humanity. Therefore, to be open minded, I am open to the world of genetics and gene splicing. However, and
that is with pause, I must state that genetic modification for profit with total disregard for the fellow and common
man is shameful. If the ulterior motives are only immediate financial gain without the forethought of the Future
of mankind( which appears to be the case), serious questions, evaluations, and considerations are in order.

What is necessary, in this global playing field, is a global referee that will keep us ALL honest.

It appears that the "love of profit" has overshadowed the "the love of the experience of existence as mankind."
As Alan Greenspan would delicately admit.... "Fundamentally Flawed." Thanks Again for this Thread..S&F

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join