It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party & Anti Masturbation?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Yeah.
Not like charging Obama with war crimes, sedition, treason from a "citizen jury" or anything like that!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

I don't think she should even acknowledge this pathetic attempt to discredit her.

A person with a thimble full of sense would see that she was young. All young people have said or done something stupid. I bet their is not a person alive who holds all the same beliefs at the age of 40 as they did when they were 24.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by oniongrass
reply to post by Logarock

Interesting hypothesis that the woman is concerned about male masturbation, that it would reduce her power and attractiveness. Is she the sort that wants to manipulate men? What is her character?

Well she says as much at the end of the vid. But I can understand why a woman would have problems with this. But hay them chicks maturbate to!

The truth is being around a babe like that and not being able to score may drive boyfriend into a compulsive frenzy and if there is petting going on. Maybe some young women in these abstience situations feel some guilt if they thought the guy was masturbating or some repulsion even. It could run the gamit.

There are some things to be said here from a biblical frame. Like Paul says its better to get hitched than to burn. So this burning thing (sex drive) is seen as a problem and a reality and is not called "unclean" as many sects of christanity have it. Its just called a reality. Paul did not drag the issue down into a discuss on masturbation however. And he sure understood that it went on....its clear that he understood that this was a small private matter really and not worth going into any further than that. He already had his hands full with the foreskin issue.

Well that must be funny if she tries to tell men not to masturbate, I'll have to watch that video when I get a chance. Yes I know that if I don't have that release a woman can really affect me. But the woman can't stop me from jerking off.

By the way I solved the problem of all the confusion one gets by reading Paul. I don't read Paul. Paul was more #ed up than I am. From the NT I read the Gospels and have little interest in some letters Paul wrote to some other groups of people. That's another thing I've learned in life. I have a right to jerk off and a right to ignore the letters of Paul. I hope that in the intervening 15 years Ms. O'Donnell, being a good Irish lady, has learned that men will jerk off regardless of what she thinks and moved on to more important matters. It's the sort of thing that age and maturity could change, I think.

Other than that it would be good to have someone the establishment hates so much in the Senate, so if I still lived in Delaware I'd probably vote for her in the General.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
reply to post by Becoming

fine, ok, then let her tell us she was wrong, now she thinks otherwise, now she is less bigot ....
untill she says nothing any more, how can we think she did change her stupid ideas ???
you say you had wrong ideas, fine, everybody has, you are sincere but is she ???
I really do not think so, she still is the same, she still drinks out of that tea pot !!!

She is a bigot because she was or still is against masturbation?

Man thats really grasping at straws. Like I said, if I was her I wouldn't even acknowledge this petty attack.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

that is what I say man !! then she better tells us that she no longer thinks like that in this way ......
the she would become credible, then she would show she is an intelligent women, with perspectiv ideas about life and human behaviour ......
then she would maybe tell us more important things about oil spill, GMO's, neo-capitalism, neo-cons, zionism etc etc ...
I am listening from now on man !!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
masterbation should not be a political issue.

in fact, i do not want to hear or see any politicians talking about it. Unless they are trying to pass legislation against it, or give people tax breaks for it, it is a non-issue for me.

those are my thoughts on this issue,
et

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

Why do you think that talking about the Tea Party in this thread in any manner is based solely on one person? How do you know this person, much like myself, is not just seeing this as one more stick on the pile? Have you seen the pile?

A better question is why can't you see the harm this mud slinging, dirty campaigning and divisiveness being used as a tool by all Political Parties is doing to us?

I'm not even a part of the Tea Party. You have to open your eyes to the fact though, that these are just common people who see the world coming apart around them trying to do something. Applaud them for that. They have more balls than any of the Party rubber stamp people will ever have. Stop looking at individual examples and wrongly ascribing them to everyone and open your eyes to the bigger picture here.

You can't be so blind that you can't see the D's and R's leadership are the same people who meet off camera and laugh at how easy we are to manipulate. This stuff plays right into their plan. If you have not noticed, Obama and Bush are the same person in a different skin backing different teams. That is where the real conspiracy lies.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

So she tells you that she no longer believes that masturbation is wrong or you will not listen to anything important she has to say.

Better plug your ear holes. I doubt you would believe her if she said she no longer believed it.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

And she is different from the many current member of Congress who feel exactly the same way how? I disagree with her on abortion, just as I disagree with many Senators and Representatives over it. Same thing goes for Creationism and teaching the Bible in schools. You act like this is a first and that no one in Congress has ever shared those views.

None of it, however, is relevant to the OP or the outcries of "Prude! Prude!" that I've been responding to throughout this thread.

Originally posted by PsychNurse
But It's the youth that change opinions...

Aww, you changed it. No matter, the part I wanted to quote is still there and so I did.

What you've said here is the same thing I said that you disagreed with me on. So we do agree after all.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by evil incarnate

Atleast you took the first step and admitted you already prejudged her.

That is not exactly what I said. I said I had an idea in my head of what I feared she would most likely be like but still hoped and thought there was a chance that idea would be wrong.

Now take the second step and admit that her thinking could possibly have changed in 16 years.

I have seen nothing from her that would give me the impression she is any less religiously idealistic now than she was then. In all this arguing over what she said 16 years ago, no one has put forth her current position on any of this. Why?

The third and final step is admitting this is a petty thing to use as a political attack.

I already called it petty myself. I used that exact word.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
reply to post by Blaine91555

Like I said. Karl Rove and I finally agree on something. I feel the togetherness already. I do not argue that the powers that be want us fighting. Dems want you to hate Republicans and vice versa because well...that is better than trying to stand up and just look good for yourself. We know no one cares about anyone doing anything right or good in this country. It does not play well in the media and does not catch attention. I am with you there. What are you suggesting the solution is? Are you trying to tell me that I should just change my mind about theocrats and career Republicans like Christine just because that would make people feel better?

I wish I'd seen this before I responded to the post above it. We are not far apart here.

I was once a Democrat. I quit to become a Republican. Now I refuse to be part of either and I can't help but respect people willing to take to the streets to fight for what they think is right. I may not agree with the Tea Party on all things, but I applaud them all the same.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The Republicans are in danger of turning themsleves into a silly party in their efforts to recruit goofy candidates who can communicate with their "base". In this case, they have probably taken it a little too far. I mean, Bush, Jr. was well known as a goof, but he was still surrounded by all of Big Daddy's people who knew that the business of America was business and took care of business.

But now the big money people have got to be wondering if the Republicans have gone too far down the Idiot Road and reached too far to the Right with candidates like O'Donnell and Angle, who really do look like they have stepped out of some tabloid nespaper or TV gossip show.

Will they really be able to do the job that the establishment and elite interests want done? Of course they will be a 100% "No" vote on everything, but that's not necessarily what these power-elite people want.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
God forbid your religious and you make a video about practicing your beliefs. What would you rather have her say. “you must have 200 partners minimum before marriage?” What’s the big deal about abstinent? Looks like you are all making a fuss over something so little and that was made 20 years ago.

And all the rude comments about the tea party, TEA in tea party stands for taxed enough already. How could any of you be against this and call it stupid or belittle it? you all are tied of a 2 party system. Well here is your 3rd party. And its growing fast

edit on 16-9-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

no man, I say she better tells us that her old blabla does not count any longer,and that now in 2010 there are more important things to discuss than what she did in the past ...
she would be a more interesting person if she could speak to us about more important issues in this world ..
so, what can she tell us about zionism ?? about poverty in US ?? about middle-class being killed in US ?? about Bush inheritance ?? about Obama being victim of this inheritance ?? ( 2 wars, banking crisis, poverty all around, monstruous debt etc etc ... thanks mister B ... )

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

If you believe it to be petty then why do you care what she believes?

I could care less what she or any other canidate believes in as far as religous beliefs go. I don't even care what party they belong to. I voted for McCain for the sole reason that I thought Obama wasn't ready and could use 4 more years to mature politically. Given the chance I would have voted for Hillary, but it was not to be.

Now if more people stopped voting for religous purposes or a certain party we might be able to achieve something. As it stands their are idiots who vote for a christian, because they are a christian or they vote because of their party.

Its amazing that she is being judged because of her religous beliefs when 99% of you want a seperation of religion and politics.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You are right. There are more important things to discuss then what she said 16 years ago, so let it go and concentrate on what she has to say about those issues.

You say this isn't important and yet you want an explanation. That doesn't make sense.

By the way, Obama didn't inherit anything. He knew the score when he was running and wanted the job. He asked us to vote for him because he could fix the problems he thought Bush had caused. There is a big differance in being given something and asking for it.

He asked for it. It wasn't given to him.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

yeah the richest people in US now already pay the less taxes hahaha !!! Bush did give them that present !!!
and the poor people, the poor middle class get crushed by the system !!
less taxes ??? they already pay nearly nothing compared too before Bush and you want them to pay less ??
Tea Party are fraud, tea party are deceiving people, tea party = hyper egoistic dollar freaking people !!
Tea Party = populism at 2500 %%%

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

HUH?
So what if some people already in Congress believe what she does?
Those people are obstacles to progress, we don't need another one!
For crying out loud, enough with electing people who want to base government on Biblical principles!! Whatever the hell that means!
She's a numbskull. Who cares if she's a Tea Party candidate? A numbskull is a numbskull!
We have enough of those right now, regardless of party!

edit on 16-9-2010 by OldDragger because: to fit "numbskull rant!

edit on 16-9-2010 by OldDragger because: inability to do the siplest thing today! jeez

edit on 16-9-2010 by OldDragger because: SIMPLEST thing! man!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunlionspirit
reply to post by camaro68ss

yeah the richest people in US now already pay the less taxes hahaha !!! Bush did give them that present !!!
and the poor people, the poor middle class get crushed by the system !!
less taxes ??? they already pay nearly nothing compared too before Bush and you want them to pay less ??
Tea Party are fraud, tea party are deceiving people, tea party = hyper egoistic dollar freaking people !!
Tea Party = populism at 2500 %%%

What? What are you talking about. how are the poor middle class getting crushed by the system? please tell me out side of your talking points.

Already pay nearly nothing? I make 60k a year and $17,142 was payed last year. thats not including my 10% sales tax i pay when i buy stuff. how is that nothing? i could have bought a car with that but instead i gave it to the goverment to give to you so you can sit at home and spew propaganda that you know nothen about. Please explan your points with facts.

the middle class, "ME" my tax braket is at 25% federal. the "RICH" are at 35% federal. that does not include state and county taxes. What do you want the RICH to pay. whats "FAIR"? 45%, 55% 65%? ill tell you whats fair. 25% they should pay. thats "FAIR"

The tea party is tired of there money being spent on crap! we know what to do with our own money then the goverment. we are tired of paying for bum and there 99 week long unemployment. I belive in helping out alittle but not for 99 weeks! thats what the tea party is!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

And I agree with you. But you're posts make it sound like you're shocked anyone thinks the way she does. I disagree with her completely on those issues, and I'm not saying she needs to be elected so we can have more people who think that way in office. What I'm saying is that it's not as shocking as you or others are acting like it is nor is it a reason to throw the baby (the tea parties) out with the bathwater.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join