It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party & Anti Masturbation?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I think you missed the point here....

But that's ok. We sometimes choose what to believe and what not to believe.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
seriously this is what liberals get worked up about? maybe you would dig her more, If she had a few abortions under her belt, I thought young women who show chastity was something to admire. just another reason to laugh at the total B.S. of progressive's... which is a larf... you have progressed nothing

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That was a funny vid..... when she says at the end "If he learns how to please himself, then why am i in the picture!" Classic!!! ..... I can't believe she needed to ask such a stupid question.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Why because she said something Christian on a MTV show in the 90's? while If she would shake her butt and talk about how many men she was sleeping with, she would be a hailed as a empowered female (providing she was Liberal) If She was acting like the Mom in Carrie, yes I would say she is crazy, but because she had moral beliefs when she was young about self-love, then NO I don't find her insane.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

Why because she said something Christian on a MTV show in the 90's? while If she would shake her butt and talk about how many men she was sleeping with, she would be a hailed as a empowered female (providing she was Liberal) If She was acting like the Mom in Carrie, yes I would say she is crazy, but because she had moral beliefs when she was young about self-love, then NO I don't find her insane.

Yeah, you're right. Taking advice from a man in the clouds about not touching yourself. Not insane at all. There is no mental issue going on once so ever. None.

And don't use the "oh it was the 90's" excuse. There is no defending this woman, especially if she's associated with the *snip*.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate

(1) Politically inspired name calling of an ideological group is not allowed: examples: "Loonie Libs," "Obamaites," "Repuglicans," etc.

edit on Thu Sep 16 2010 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
seriously this is what liberals get worked up about? maybe you would dig her more, If she had a few abortions under her belt, I thought young women who show chastity was something to admire. just another reason to laugh at the total B.S. of progressive's... which is a larf... you have progressed nothing

It's rather ironic that this video was largely publicized by an actively lesbian host on MSNBC who is intelligent enough to know that the Bible repeatedly condemns fornication and homosexual acts, and who is intelligent enough to understand the religious context of all this.

What's particularly unusual about this video is the fact that masturbation is actually singled out, while not grouping it together with premarital sex, fornication, birth control, etc, as an overall message about their beliefs on the religious virtues of chastity. I don't know what Church she belongs to, but for example, there are over a billion Catholics in the world, and the Church teaching is that masturbation is not just a sin, but a grave one. It also happens to be one that probably a majority of Catholics reject or ignore, meaning that a large percentage of Church-going Catholics are in a persistent state of grave mortal sin, one that may occur on a regular basis for millions of people. So, if one respects the religious views of Christian groups even if one isn't a member of one these groups, I guess it's understandable why it's justified (albeit highly awkward) for masturbation to be singled out in a religiously themed message, because out of all the mortal sins that could condemn a person according to their beliefs, masturbation is almost certainly one that would be relevant to a large percentage of people, and also a sin which would be recurring on a regular basis. It is also one which would be ignored, and thus deserving of attention ..... from their point of view, anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Oh, for God's/the Creator's/humanitie's/Pete's sake, stop the madness!

This is all getting way beyond STUPID. Way past ignorance!

Goddamn! Wake the [SNIP] up folks!

edit on Thu Sep 16 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Oh, for God's/the Creator's/humanitie's/Pete's sake, stop the madness!

This is all getting way beyond STUPID. Way past ignorance!

Goddamn! Wake the [SNIP] up folks!

Tell that to the Tea ***SNIP***!!

Turn off Faux News and wake up is the perfect advice...but Glenn Beck is the messiah, don't you know?

edit on Thu Sep 16 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

edit on Thu Sep 16 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: to edit equote

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
By the way, I found it funny when the marketing director of S.A.L.T claims masturbation is a selfish act.

That's right, O'Donnell associates herself with these kind of people.

Keep religious of politics. Especially the bible thumping wackos.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i guess no one on ats could be a tea [SNIP].

edit on 16-9-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Sep 16 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD EDIT: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
If I was standing against her, I would have a simple platform..

Dare her to put her money where her mouth is, and state she does not want anyone who masturbates to vote for her. Their filthy votes are not wanted or worthy.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
She's going to have to take my weapon from my cold dead hands if she wants to stop me.

Seriously, I worry, if she endorses this kind of thing, what other crazy ideas might she have?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I also saw a clip of her in 97 saying that
condoms do not prevent AIDS. Now I know
she has never really explained her past
employment history, but I never knew she
had a medical degree.

When someone intentionally misrepresents
known medical facts to further a religous
ideaology then that is a problem.

I do have a question for any tea party member.
I understand that you want to go as outsiders,
but with people such as Rand Paul, (who is
no Ron Paul), Sharon Engel, Palladino and
now O'Donnell, does your party vet anyone
before backing them?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup
I do have a question for any tea party member.
I understand that you want to go as outsiders,
but with people such as Rand Paul, (who is
no Ron Paul), Sharon Engel, Palladino and
now O'Donnell, does your party vet anyone
before backing them?

That has kind of been the thorn in my side here this whole time. I understand the cries for something different and getting out the incumbents but I always kind of had a concern about what happens when you are so willing to replace something with anything that anything and everything starts to look good to you. The simple fact that O'Donell is a career politician without the career (because she loses instead of wins over and over and over again) shows that nothing real new or real special is being pulled out to replace the perceived status quo. I would just rather pick from a pool of criminals I know something about than any nutjob that has a fresh face.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

"masturbation is the answer to aids"...

Just wow man. I love bible thumper logic.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I heard this from Palladino's own mouth
today and from Engel before. ( when she
was giving interviews that is)

He actually believes that a woman who has
been raped or whose has been the
victim of incest must carry any pregnancy
to term.

I do not want to change topics but I believe
that this is STILL outside of mainstream
American thinking. If this is standard Tea
Party philosiphy they will never win in a
general election.

Based so far off of O'Donnells comments about
masterbation I think she falls into this category.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
TP'ers won't care about this. O'Donnell's opinions on masturbation is not what she ran on. Haters will try to make hay of this, but TP'ers simply won't care.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RKWWWW
TP'ers won't care about this. O'Donnell's opinions on masturbation is not what she ran on. Haters will try to make hay of this, but TP'ers simply won't care.

Just like they wont care about hundreds of racist emails, trying to push a Christian agenda, taking up guns against the government just in case they lose the fair elections, and most anything pertinent to the candidates they like so much.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I have heard so called Christians tell kids as young as 8 years old that if they touch themselves that they are evil & will go to hell. Talk about screwing up their poor little minds.

Kids have enough trouble understanding sexuality & changes happening in their bodies, without some religious smeg-head telling them they are evil.

Too all religious idiots, keep your masturbating problems to yourself.

Christians are into masturbation because, I've told plenty to go fick themselves plenty of times.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join