It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party & Anti Masturbation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That's right. Tea Party candidate Christine O'Donnell once held an anti masturbation campaign.

Is this really who we want running this country?

"he already knows what pleases him, and he can please himself, then why am i in the picture?"

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Oh God!
that was hilarious!
Ya know, this country needs more JESUS!!!! lovin' folks in office.
Like we need a hole in the head.

This ought to help her campaign in the general election though.
Maybe she can speak in tongues for the voters!

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Talk about going to an all time low to discredit someone. I thought I'd seen it all, but apparently I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

The woman is obviously insane.

Not much else to describe her.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Why is it low?
Is she ashamed of her stance now?
Looks more like a window into the mind of this woman.
If anything she discredits herself with her zombie like religious beliefs.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So don't vote for her because she is anti masturbation?

How exactly does her view of practicing for the big event affect her political thought? I fail to see why this was brought up in political ad.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

How old was she at the time, as it was on MTV she must have been fairly young, unlike Bill Clinton and his undie interview. Could it have been in response to Clinton's surgeon general at the time that wanted to TEACH kids to
to masturbate?
But you run with that, it will teach her to have the nerve to go against the "establishment"....

articles.cnn.com...:US

n 1994, she became a lightning rod for criticism after she said schools should consider teaching masturbation to students as a means to prevent sexually transmitted diseases. The Clinton appointee was forced to resign from her position after 15 months in office.

Maybe it makes sense if you put it in the context of the time....

edit on 15-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: to add link

edit on 15-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: to fix wording

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Meh, I don't see the problem ... voting for the TP means you're already blind anyway.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What a hilarious campaign!

I find it disturbing that she would waste so much time and thought on whether people be beating their bishops.
How about we stay out of each other's personal business?
And how about we don't run embarrassing campaigns like this ever again?

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
So don't vote for her because she is anti masturbation?

How exactly does her view of practicing for the big event affect her political thought? I fail to see why this was brought up in political ad.

When religion plays a part in her life that much, it's bound to play a part in her political policies. IMO, there is no need or room for that in this country. We let religion get in the way of many things and it's time to end it.

I remember many voters helped to "elect" Bush in 2000 just because of his religious ideologies.

For 8 years after that, we were hit with 9/11, two wars, the failure of response to Katrina, the assault on gay rights and beyond.

Religion usually = failure.

edit on 15-9-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

She's saying masturbation is wrong. You really want that kind of person in any kind of authority...of anything? Sorry, but I'm not a slave nor anyone else on here, we're individuals and damnit, if we feel like having a night to ourselves, so be it.

We don't need some bimbo to tell us what's wrong and what's not. Thanks.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
[facepalm]

I can't believe anyone on this site is badgering this woman because of a stance she took as a youth.
Give me a break.
When I was young I thought a little differently also.
As you grow, your opinions and thoughts can change. (or be influenced)

Find someone else to rip a hole into.
This country could use a good moral lesson.

Seems like we've lost our economy, our money, our production and our morals.

I guess it doesn't matter what you show on the news.
Someone will find a good-hearted womans faults, where I see none.

edit on 15-9-2010 by havok because: I deleted a line then added another.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
She's probably Catholic and masterbation is against that religion.
Come to think of it ... I'm pretty sure it's against most Christian groups religions.
(it's against the religion ... but I doubt many people actually listen to it)

I'm glad she won the primary. It was against Mike Castle ... the darling of Carl Rove and the Republican Party. Mike Castle is a RINO but the Republicans backed him over O'Donnell because of he good ol' boy network. Now both Carl Rove and the Republican Party are having childish hissy fits because their lil' guy didn't win.

I say GREAT! Go Christine, GO! With every commercial you put on the airwaves here, I can almost feel the steam that is coming out fo Carl Roves ears and I can hear the idiots at Republican HQ stomping their feet in anger like little schoolgirls.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Ah now I see why they used it as a political attack ad.

Its so people like you can really dig their heals into not liking someone. Now you can say "Shes to religious for me" intead of mumbling a few words about her being a tea party canidate.

What you and everyone who agrees with you fail to possibly begin to think about is that this clip was taken from almost 20 years ago. Could her views have changed a little? Very possible.

But nope, you let Harry Reids clip of him stating that illegal immigration is a very dangerous thing and how we should do everything we can to stop it, fall to the side. After all in almost 20 years his views have changed and his constituents have forgiven him.

Nope 20 years ago this woman had some ideas and she MUST think the same thing after so long, after all 20 years ago when I was 10 I believed yoohoo was the greatest drink on earth and by god I still haven't changed my mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If someones religious beliefs are a reason not to vote for them, what happened with Obama? She's saying not to masterbate, she's not been going to a church spewing racist rhetoric for 20 years. What a dumb thing to be upset about, and at least she stated her opinion instead of saying what was easy. Wow, hypocrasy on here knows no bounds, it's o.k. to hate the white man, just don't tell people not to self pleasure themselves. Epic Fail

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wow look at that lipstik on her moulth, makes me wanna... not my fault.
I have an idea dress her in an eschimo, so I won't see it.

edit on 15-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Talk about going to an all time low to discredit someone. I thought I'd seen it all, but apparently I was wrong.

You should have been here for the past few weeks. O'Donnell said the Republican party had turned canibalistic and she's right. Castle played dirty. O'Donnell kept it clean. Castle was the darling of the party. O'Donnell was the choice of the people. He was NASTY .... downright awful ... and he's acting childish now that she won.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Great.
Because she's in the Tea Party, you LOVE her!
Replace one idiot with another idiot, is that the idea?
Moral stance" Yeah, masturbation is huge problem in America today.
Don't care for the fundamenrtalist mindset kids!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The only reason as to why I agree, that people like her should be in no position of power is from personal experience. I was raised Evangelical and I know the lengths that the church will go to make you feel guilty for being human. When I was twelve or thirteen I began having nightmares of hell and missing the rapture simply because the church, and my parents, told me that masturbation was a sin.

People really have no clue the kind of damage religion does to people.

And chances are, if she were Christian then, she is now too; and you can probably bet that her stances on political issues will be very Christian-oriented.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by ljtg123

We don't need some bimbo to tell us what's wrong and what's not. Thanks.

Um, a woman against masterbation and promoting wholesomeness is a bimbo? Wow, I guess that sort of logic can never be argued. THink before you post next time please, comments like this, while funny, really do show how little thought some people put into thier respnses on here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join