It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witnesses Watched Person Freefall From the Sky

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

One of the articles mention they did check with all planes in the area at the time, and also checked with area groups that do sky diving and what-not. No one missing. Moreover, not a lot of sky diving exercises take place in the area. It's really damned odd.

And the witnesses were close enough to see the person clearly. They even saw that it wasn't an un-opened parachute; rather there was no parachute.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Holy hell, rogerstigers, you could be on to something.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Are there any tall building in the area? I wonder if someone was doing some illegal base jumping that went awry. The article doesn't seem to say how high up the man was, I guess it must have been quite low if the could see his arms flailing around

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

That is a bit of a stretch - what made you think of that? Both are mysterious - the only connection I see.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's really hard to tell where anything landed when it's like that. It is no wonder they found no evidence. I have to admit if the mob wanted to get me, I'd prefer this way out, assuming they didn't torture him first. There are still some things it could be, an RC plane doing tricks, or maybe, an RC skydiver if it's been invented yet..

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I read over on the Rapture thread that Jesus was supposed to descend from the Heavens...

Never mind, tacky humor.

That's Jesus my gardner friend. Not Jesus Christ...

Judge not, Love All, Be at peace,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is a crazy story
If I was that woman and I was sure of what I saw, I would get my on search party together and go find the guy. I was looking at google earth and there is an airport very close by.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
He would have had to jump from a very low altitude for him to take such an angled descent. And if he didn't fall, there there is another explanation. Lately there are more and more inexplicable things happening. Let's see what they find. If they find nothing - and there is a good chance they won't - then perhaps we'll find out later just what happened.

This is very interesting though.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
He would have had to jump from a very low altitude for him to take such an angled descent. And if he didn't fall, there there is another explanation. Lately there are more and more inexplicable things happening. Let's see what they find. If they find nothing - and there is a good chance they won't - then perhaps we'll find out later just what happened.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

An angled descent would depend upon the angle of his body as it fell to some extent, or also to the fact that he was hiding in a wheel well of a moving plane and fell out as the wheel came up to his hiding place and before the door closed. However, jets lift those wheels up and the doors are closed within seconds after they leave the ground. So a mile from the airport sounds about right for a luckless stowaway. Still, you think the people would have noticed a nearby plane. Surely, the law have the time of his falling and can easily compare that with departing local planes and flight paths. There is no way that the crew would know anything about it thought.

That case reminds me of one that was a mystery a few years ago, maybe solved,by now. I don't know. It was in Penn state and a rural guy that went up the family mountain on his ATV was found nude lodged in some trees down a mountainside where he couldn't have fallen or jumped. As I recall, the cops were not too forthcoming with thier determinations. So, almost automatically, some of our UFO folk classified it as an abduction that went badly for the victim.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Aliensun because: Clarified a remark

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

That is a bit of a stretch - what made you think of that? Both are mysterious - the only connection I see.

*shrug* I do not always understand why my brain makes the connections it makes. Just a gut feeling.. Probably totally incorrect, but just threw it out there.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hmmm... some ghost sightings are an historical (and upsetting) event replaying. So, I wonder if there had been a death from someone falling from the sky w/out a parachute in the past?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Haven't had a chance to get back to this story until now, but it appears the witnesses saw a small engine plane shortly after seeing the fellow fall. There's also a video of the interview of Ms. Hale, who witnessed the fall with two coworkers. There are no tall buildings in this area, but from the sounds of it, this man came from a plane. And still missing. That's really sad.

I'd seen the guy falling on an angle, straight down, no parachute, no paraglider. You could see the arms and legs flailing and his clothes were blue, a dark blue like a navy, black and gray," Hale said.

Off in the distance, one of the women saw what they say was a tan single engine plane that soon disappeared.

"We don't know if he came out of that plane, we don't know if he fell out a wheel well, we don't know," Hale said.

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=7669913

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
How in a somewhat urban area could a body not be found if witnesses saw it fall?

I agree that something sounds hoaxy/misinterpreted.

Crap would there even BE a body? Or just a puddle?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It sounds like someone stowed away in a airliner wheel well and as the plane got ready to land the body fell out.

It happens a couple times a year around the world.

The body is likely stuck in a tree someplace.
www.aviationtoday.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

edit on 16-9-2010 by ANNED because: double post

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Looks like ATS had the hiccups during these posts.

To descend at an angle, the person would have had to fall from a very low altitude indeed. Otherwise, there is no angle. So the higher he fell, the straighter he lands, and it takes very little to attain an entirely straight descent. An angle is quite tough to achieve. This would mean he fell/jumped quite deliberately, perhaps when he noticed that he was getting too cold up there or he was over the area where he wished to land. lol!

It's highly unlikely that he would have been in the wheel recess because of all the mad security at US airports nowadays. Think about it. Plus, it's bloody cold at heights. At cruising altitude, it's like -40C or so. But he still fell at an angle so that alone rules out airliner involvement.

Small a/c passed overhead a short time afterward. Okay, since we're talking about the US here, let's consider his nomination for the Darwin Awards then. What if he thought he'd be an action hero and jump out of the plane at a low altitude, land safely like they do in tv/films, and walk away from the fall. There must be lots of people out there who are that stupid. My bets are on this type of scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join