It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Paraplegic Sues over 500 Southern California Businesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Man sues hundreds over disability violations

ABC News

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Litigation to make a living is a growing profession of sorts. Eyewitness News has been investigating lawsuits based on alleged violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act, meant to protect the disabled. But critics say the lawsuits filed by professional plaintiffs are more about greed than helping the disabled. Alfredo Garcia, a paraplegic who has been in a wheelchair since 1996, is a serial plaintiff. The 41-year-old illegal immigrant and convicted felon makes a living suing small businesses in Southern California for allegedly violating the Americans with Disabilities Act and its California equivalent. His days are spent going from business to business looking for violations like a bathroom mirror or a paper-towel dispenser that's too high.

This man (who became a paraplegic by getting drunk and falling down from an avocado tree) has been going around Southern California and suing hundreds of businesses for certain violations of the "Americans with Disabilities Act". He was caught in his lies when one of the businesses reviewed recorded footage of the alleged visit date from this person, and discovered that he had never even entered the restaurant bathroom. Who knows how many other lawsuits he filed based on imaginary violations.

Here's what gets me. The man is an illegal alien. Not only is he illegal, but he has been arrested for selling guns, for selling drugs, and for vehicular burglary. How is this man allowed to stay in this country and continue to terrorize local businesses??? I just don't understand it. Where is the Federal Government going to draw the line???
I know this guy doesn't represent the majority of illegals in this country, but there are many more like him who abuse our system and are allowed to remain within our borders, unscathed.

There's another story from August 2nd about an Illegal alien killing a nun while drinking and driving.

Illegal Immigrant who killed nun in accident was released by feds

The Virginia man suspected in a drunken-driving crash that killed a Catholic nun in Prince William County this weekend is an illegal immigrant and repeat offender who was awaiting deportation and whom federal immigration authorities had released pending further proceedings, police said Monday. Carlos Montano, a county resident, has been charged with involuntary manslaughter and drunken driving. Mr. Montano had been arrested two other times on drunken-driving charges, and on at least one of those occasions county police reported him to federal authorities. "We have determined that he is in the country illegally. He has been arrested by Prince William County Police in the past, said police spokesman Jonathan Perok.

This is just another example of the type of person who doesn't deserve Amnesty, and should NEVER be legalized in this country. If we're going to offer Amnesty, I hope the Feds pick and choose wisely instead of covering everyone under the same blanket.

edit on 15-9-2010 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Awwwwp! You are against illegal aliens, you MUST be a RACIST!!!

Sorry but don’t you get tired of hearing that?! We don’t know what to do with American citizens who are pieces-of-work like this guy, but this guy is illegal! We could just kick him out! It’s such an easy solution! But no, we can’t because all the bleeding heart nut jobs out there will call us racists if we do. I don’t care what race this guy is, he’s a piece of cow doody. (I’m getting better at not being cited for TOS violations.)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Shhhhh, you’re not suppose to tell anyone about this, or Homeland Security will issue a memo and take over your computer!!!!!!!

But this is why all illegal’s SHOULD NOT be giving amnesty or even a path to citizenship send them back to their homelands, whereever that might be.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

You hit the nail on the head. We have enough troubles with citizen criminals. Our jails are filled to the brink, and when we consider how many illegals are housed in jails for various crimes such as those stated above, it's maddening. Here in California it costs about $47,000.00 per inmate, per year. (Source used for that info is this article: New York Times )
According to another article here: The Crime Report about 13% of California Jail population is with an immigration hold.

Following up on California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s suggestion on Monday to build a prison in Mexico, the Sacramento Bee researched the numbers of immigrant inmates. It found that as of Dec. 31, California prisons had 22,173 inmates with an immigration hold or potential immigration hold. That represented 13 percent of the state’s 168,830 inmates. The paper said 15,124 of the 22,173 inmates self-identified as Mexican natives, equal to 68.2 percent. The second-highest country was El Salvador, which had 1,133, or 5.1 percent.

22,173 illegal inmates x $47,000.00 per head per year = $1,042,131,000 per year on illegal prisoners (give or take a couple hundred thousand dollars) If the numbers in those articles are correct, and my math is correct, that is an outrageous amount of money spent on housing illegal criminals in our prisons every year. That's just in California! What about the rest of the country? I don't know about others, but I'd like to see that money spent elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is too good to be true.

This is anti-immigrant propaganda at it's finest.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
This is too good to be true.

This is anti-immigrant propaganda at it's finest.

This guy has been around for years suing local businesses. He's made the news a couple of years ago, but I'm sure now that the illegal immigration subject is such a hot issue, it's part of the reason why he's made a come-back. I think he deserves to have the spotlight on him, especially since he's such an outstanding member of society.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For anyone who defends illegal immigration, watch this! Murdered in cold blood by illegal immigrants.

"From an annual FBI crime report: In a population study of 55,322 illegal aliens, researches found that they were arrested a total of 459,614 times. Averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than one arrest, 38%, about 21000 between 2-5 arrests, 32% about 18000 had between 6-10 arrests,and 26% about 15000 had 11 or more arrests.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Night Star because: corrected video link

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Interesting video. We've got enough of our own criminals. We need to be tougher on illegals who commit other crimes in this country. I bet the money being used to house them in our jails (after multiple arrests) for years at a time could have built two walls on the border by now.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
While I agree that what this schmuck is doing sucks big time, what concerns me more is that our US Judicial System allows this to even occur in the first place. There will always be greedy scam artists, but if our system was set up properly, these kinds of shenanigans wouldn't be able to occur.

This latest illegal-alien-ex-convict-paraplegic is just the messenger, underscoring the point of how broken our "legal" system truly is.

edit on 15-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: to enhance readbility

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
While I agree that what this schmuck is doing sucks big time, what concerns me more is that our US Judicial System allows this to even occur in the first place. There will always be greedy scam artists, but if our system was set up properly, these kinds of shenanigans wouldn't be able to occur.

This latest illegal-alien-ex-convict-paraplegic is just the messenger, underscoring the point of how broken our "legal" system truly is.

edit on 15-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: to enhance readbility

I agree. It's bad enough that we have our own schmucks using the system, but to allow an illegal ex-convict to do this to our businesses hundreds of times just takes the cake. How is it possible that he can be this public about it and not get deported on the spot??? The lawyer helping him is a disgrace to our legal system, and the judges who awarded him money show their incompetence. If the system worked in this case, the judges should have ordered the restaurants to make the required changes without awarding a penny to this person. After all, isn't it all about making the disabled more comfortable? Suing these places shouldn't become a source of income, it should improve access to the disabled.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This guy should never have been allowed to fill out any legal forms at all, "HE"S ILLEGAL".

These type of people that go around and sue everybody for a paycheck are the lowest of low in
our country, no matter what color, race or ethnic background they come from.

I don't want him put in jail, Then I will have to pay for him, and most likely he will cost even
more because he disabled. I want him deported back to his country, let them deal with the scum.

DISGUSTING, THE WHOLE THING

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Many who do get deported just come right back again. Until we enforce our laws and protect our borders, this nonsense will continue. Until more people realize that it isn't just good people crossing the border, that our safety is at stake, this will continue. Until more people realize the cost and devestation caused by the problems of illegal immigration, things will only get worse.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
no one likes illegals but this guy freaking rocks what would be better is if he wast paraplegic they should make a movie on him like catch me if you can 2 wheel chair robbery. "um your honor i was wondering if you would run the other 499 charges concurrently under the extenuating circumstances that i'm in a wheel chair"
judge: "yes your in a wheel chair but your not disabled please stand in my presence your sentence is 2 years concurrent". foot note: court documents to immigration magistrate viable for deportation habitual offender. even funnier would be if you see him on that immigration cost guard cops show were you see him from a helicopter perspective bogged in sand trying to wheel his way back over the boarder.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Grimnal because: because i can

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker
This guy should never have been allowed to fill out any legal forms at all, "HE"S ILLEGAL".

These type of people that go around and sue everybody for a paycheck are the lowest of low in
our country, no matter what color, race or ethnic background they come from.

I don't want him put in jail, Then I will have to pay for him, and most likely he will cost even
more because he disabled. I want him deported back to his country, let them deal with the scum.

DISGUSTING, THE WHOLE THING

Absolutely right. It's amazing that our Government allows this to happen. They are becoming more bold every single day. A few days ago I heard on the radio that Car Wash workers want to unite (create a Union). While I agree that if workers are being mistreated they need to stand up for each other, it's a pretty well-known fact that a VERY high percentage of the guys who wash cars (at least here in California) are illegal. This doesn't seem to be an obstacle of any sort. I just don't understand how an illegal work force can be allowed to Unionize, yet the Government is going after some French restaurant in San Diego and fining the guy thousands and thousands of dollars, threatening him with jail time for hiring illegals, and confiscating his restaurant. How does any of that make sense???

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimnal

I just find it really ironic how he became paraplegic. He got stinkin' drunk and fell out of an avocado tree??? You can't write better fiction than that. That's gold right there.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

edit on 16-9-2010 by Night Star because: oops, replied to wrong thread.

new topics

top topics

join