It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A heartwarming thread...Christian The Lion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I dont know how mnay have actually seen this story, so I thought I would share it.

Its about a Lion called Christian and the guys that raised him. Back in the late 60's two guys, John Rendall and Ace Bourke purchased a lion. Back then it was actually legal to buy one. They raised him from a cub up until the time he grew to big or them to keep. During that time he lived in the basement of a furniture shop in Chelsea (London), he ate at restaurants, played outside and was pretty much loved by everyone that had the oppurtunity to meet him.

Unfortunantly Lions grow quite large and eventually he moved to an enclosure owned by Bill Travers and Virginia McKenna. In 1971 he was returned to the wild in Kenya, by the well known "lion man" George Adamson.

In 1972, the orginal owners, John Rendall and Ace Bourke ventured into the Kenyan wilderness to see fi they could find Christian, despite all the animal experts claiming that they would not be remembered by him. As this video shows, those so called experts were wrong:

Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
See, Lions are just big pussy cats really.

Seriously though, thanks for posting Oz.

Made my day!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

That video always chokes me up.(understatement)
It is one of my favourite videos.
Its been posted a few times already but I still watched it and still love it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
thanks oz

enjoyed the video with one of my cats in my arm and had to tell him that that lion welcomes his friends the same way he welcomes me everytime i am coming home

thanks so much for sharing

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
that is awesome ozzy. I have never seen it before, but wow.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Glad you guys enjoyed it

They are definently just big cats really. Amazing how he actually remembered them like that.

Beautiful

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oz, you rock for posting this! Thank you! I've been so caught up in negatives for the last several days and watching this just lifted all of that excess weight right off of me.

What a beautiful thing, captured on that film.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Same here

I thought I would change the mood a bit and post something thats positive for a change

top topics

join