It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights spotted over SW Florida Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

FORT MYERS BEACH: Several residents reported seeing some strange yellow lights off Southwest Florida's coast Tuesday evening. (sept 14th 2010)

Link to the news article

The U.S. Coast Guard says they were notified - after the fact - that the Air Force was conducting a "flare exercise" offshore and that was the source of the lights.

Seems some of the locals don't believe the official story, even the News anchor tries to jump in on the conspiracy angle.

Bummer, I live on the south west coast and I missed all the action...

edit on 15-9-2010 by earth2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I live in North Florida and watch the jets fighters on training a bunch here. Only have seen them during the day since they would get a bunch of complaints of the jets disturbing sleeping people. So I`d say from what I`ve seen that could very well be what it is.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Yea, I agree.

I wonder why those flares are in a circular formation like that?
Is that how flares are used?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The news is Illuminati conspirisized from the start of saucer time.
They hold the only thing that thing that can bring them down.
So lets all play stupid.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

From watching them here in the day. It shows up as red like lights with sparks and they do seem to take a circular pattern when they are dog fighting and shooting.
It does however seem to me that the lights are like shot with tracers behind them here. Something I don`t notice in that video. Perhaps distance or something.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Aliens are assesing the BP oil spill damage. After all they can not get any info from the media so you have to go out and get the dirt yourself.

Maybe they are monitoring the gulf stream.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I know the Coast Guard has planes constanty flying out of St Petersburg patroling the Gulf of Mexico.
Why would the Air Force be perfoming exercises without telling the Coast Guard first? And why is the Air Force doing exercises off of Fort Myers Beach? There are no Air Force bases around here..maybe Key West is the closest or Tampa. Why come all the way over here to Ft Myers?

Strange...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

The ufo lights near coastlines, victoria, california and florida, any coastline are worth noting. They seem to warning us of some potential hazards.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
What? Didn't you hear that the Rapture has started? The UFO's are here to pick up people.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That's odd. It looked like the lights were blinking. Is that normal for a flare? Guess it could have been caused by foliage or other object between the camera and lights.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I agree, the blinking is odd and I have to think it was filmed from the beach so I'm not sure how foliage could be in the way.

Also, they say it was training from Homestead which is on the East coast. Wonder why they use the Gulf and not the Atlantic..

By the way, Thanks Kinglizard

edit on 15-9-2010 by earth2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
No problem e2.

I bet atmospheric conditions could make the lights blink in the way it appears in the video. Still I don't get the perfect circle...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I wonder why these people are not convinced of the military explanation; even though I heard a couple of seconds of their explanation (thanks media). I'm pretty sure I could make a flare blink and let it loose in the atmosphere for tests. This just makes me revert back to the military's M.O. when concerning UFO's. Drop flares after the ufo leaves to confuse the public and DO NOT shut down airports or deviate planes if there is a ufo hanging over the airport; unlike China. So that begs the question, how many ufo’s have been hanging around our airports? They didn’t even shut down O’Hare airport. Oh yeah, that’s right, ufo’s over airports don’t exist.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
More articles on subject:

www.news-press.com...

The website below, which is the one up top (it's not loading for me) has a video explaining the incident. The news called all known sources that might have there finger in this. They conclude that the Miami Air Base claims responsibility and that they do 4 exercises per year over the gulf coast. One fact is that the Air Base did not follow protocol by letting the coast guard know.
www.nbc-2.com...

So with that understood, we are needing to fire someone at the intake office. Why were they not notified? Maybe because there was a ufo out there and "flares away"!!!

This website states: "Homestead Air Force Base officials are using Tuesday's flare-up to remind people of their scheduled air show November 6-7, with the U.S. Navy's Blue Angels headlining." -(Really, preparing for November; what year?)
But seriously, it sounds like they are using it as a promotional tool after the fact. Kind of sounds like they planned it.

www.abc-7.com...

Homestead Air Reserve Base personnel weighs in on the event:

"Spencer said F-16 jet pilots were practicing the release of flares that are used as defensive measures for evading enemy fire."

“We don’t have an explanation as far as the patterns,” she said, after watching an eight-minute video of the incident on YouTube. “We were just training.”

However, Spencer, who talked with the base’s pilots about the training exercises, said there were no parachutes on the flares.“They were flares, and flares fall,” she insisted. She said perhaps people could not perceive the movement from miles away.
www.marconews.com...

edit on 16-9-2010 by scar7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I love how it's gotten to the point that even the reporter is like, "Yeah, I'm not buying that."
Even if they are just flares, it's good to see journalists actually start to question things again.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
I love how it's gotten to the point that even the reporter is like, "Yeah, I'm not buying that."
Even if they are just flares, it's good to see journalists actually start to question things again.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Super cool.

new topics

top topics

join