It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sell Artwork? = GO TO JAIL FOR 15 YEARS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
double standards and the law is a itch

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
All along I keep hearing of miscarriages of justice and then court cases and long term prison sentences. Everyone has to organize and sign round table agreements with each other. They have to stand together, a bad arrest should have a crowd of 50 000 surrounding the police station and all turning themselves in for the same crime, hundreds of thousands around court buildings and not leave, only more joining if they attack the citizens.

We have to stand up for each other and end NWO.

There is an easier way.

Everyone simply refuses to take plea deals and all the jurors refuse to convict.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Ok you make a good point, but just because a recorder is in my pocket, does not mean I have it turned on or set to record.

I guess I'm not in a hurry to make an enemy of the police, we already have too many false enemies and most police are just people who are yes, looking out for themselves and their families... just like everyone else. So when you try to record one without their consent or recording, the entire city could be sued - so much for tax dollars when some random leech runs off with 200,000 + of taxpayers money because they got some cop on tape talking out of context.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't see what is so outrageous, no matter what this person was selling they would have been asked to leave. This isn't the way to fight for your rights, this person should have agreed to leave when they were asked to. Also your title is misleading sense the suspect has yet to be sentanced.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I know of a number of trucker that have installed cameras and security DVRs covering the outside and cab of there rigs.

A complete system can cost as little as $500 and save millions in a lawsuit. or win millions for the truck driver in a lawsuit.

And the Federal DOT likes and approves of the systems
What is the Illinois cops going to say about these systems when the truckers use it to beat tickets.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

They will probably shoot him in the head with a high powered rifle for that.

Clearly he is a criminal that needs to be punished with prison time at tax payer expense.

Clearly we need laws protecting police from citizens recording them.

Citizens might record cops doing something ridiculous, like arresting people for selling art, and embarrass the State.

Sometimes when I post stories on ATS (I always know what the general reaction will be before I even touch my keyboard), I hold out all hope against hope that the entire thread will be filled with people capable of independent thought. It always depresses me when it turns out the way I knew it would.

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

edit on 15-9-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

The no evesdropping should only apply to the public sector, not a cop on the job, or a politician doing their offical business...the law needs to be amended..

Slippery slope there.
If we get unfettered eavesdropping on one group then we eventually face it for everyone.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by SaturnFX

The no evesdropping should only apply to the public sector, not a cop on the job, or a politician doing their offical business...the law needs to be amended..

Slippery slope there.
If we get unfettered eavesdropping on one group then we eventually face it for everyone.

See?

This is what I'm talking about.

Totally insane responses like this just make me slam my head into the wall.

edit on 15-9-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I think by slippery slope he might mean invading more of our personal rights by the govt? I think it would be easier to get people to protest unjust charges in front of city hall. Rather than getting 12 jurors in a box that would refuse to say if there guilty or innocent.
Normally mnemeth1 I like to argue your police posts, but this is a good find.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Most of you are missing the point.

The most effective way to challenge a BS law is to get it in front of a Judge. I don't agree with either law. In the article this guy stated that he wanted to get arrested so that he could challenge the law concerning artwork. The wire tapping charge is a by product of his arrest. Notice that the charge against his selling artwork was dropped in favor of the felony wire tapping charge. There is a good chance that the Judge will throw out the case, if not there is no certainty that he will be found guilty. Even if he is found guilty, there is plenty of room for appeal. What some people don't know is that the written law means nothing. Our entire legal system is based on precedent. If some Judge somewhere ruled that there was no crime comitted by having a conceled recording device in public, odds are that these charges will be dropped. So much for the "Ignorence of the Law is no excuse" bit.

Personally I think the entire precedence thig is a scam by the Lawyers to make the legal system so convoluted that people have to rely on them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join