It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't wait for the power to pop!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Thank you so much for your input and insight into how to use the abilities we have to our advantage and not let them dominate us. I too know of many, but I think the problem is with people's laziness to allow the technology there to help to allow them to exsist in a less than meaningfull exsistance.

I wish I was young again, my kids are my life and I wish them no harm (as any parent would), but they are not using their minds any longer. They are nothing but a slave to trends and sales pitches. All dervived from someone with a bank account looking to fill it.

I, as an individual, have had enough of it. I don't need an iPad or PSP or even a calculator (unless I do
), I love preparing food on an open fire and taking hikes in the woods because I can. The military has taught me to survive in unfortunate circumstances and so have my fatehr and motehr. And mother nature. All have taught me lesson, and being born in 1974, I should have been part of the "Me Generation" or "Genreation X" (more spiffy propoganda), rather than this. But as a great ATSer recently mentioned... People in the North East know it will snow. And you will loose power. They expect it. People in Tornado Alley know it is a matter of time. And they live with it. I am shocked (having been in both areas of the United States) that most people could NOT live without it for a lenth of a week. It is scary to me!

I have nothing but respect for you as a poster! This is not the first time you and I have been on the opposite side of the fence. And I respect and look forward to your input always!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I cannot say I am happy at the thought; since every silver lining has a big black storm-cloud at its core.

One of the upsides of unbridled savagery is that you get a lot more social mobility. Leaders are deposed, Emperors proclaimed (Napoleon, Hitler, Pompey, Julius all came to power after an institutional collapse of the state), and new religions get founded.

And the old "life expectancy of 45" tripe we were once fed has turned out to be untrue for the middle classes in most organized societies, from colonial Massachussetts to the Roman Empire. Chaucer's mother was still alive at 80!

On the other hand, what about a 3 week food supply for the average city???

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So true. This world has made survival way too easy. Packaged meats at our local supermarkets, clothes at a nearby mall, fast food restaurants, Heater / Air Conditioning, Internet, cars, light bulbs, etc etc the list goes on.

We need to become humans again and live how we were meant to. This life style is boring anyways, It would be much more enjoyable to live out in the wild in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yes - get the fight to survive back in us and the tools to survive! I'm in total agreement. There's a saying in the UK; "You don't know you're born"; Usually said by people who lived through wars, miners strike, times of great hardship - you get the drift - and is often said to those of the later generations, baby boomers, techno wizzers - etc who don't REALLY have to graft or go without at the level past generations did. We've become 'soft' and a bit spoiled and so much is done for us. Heck - we don't even need to do our own shopping! Just push some buttons and a day later your doorbell rings and there's a weeks worth of food! Obviously I'm generalising and referring mostly to the West. But yes! Bye bye power and hello discovering what you're made of /capable of when the chips are (literally) down!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join