It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online banking is restored at Chase after outage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just tried to log in and got an error, I did log in yesterday with no problem. Not concerned sure all will be well in no time. Did not bother to try a second time.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by romanmel
I do know of what you speek. My son is Bill Hatfield who has written several Devloper books, including three Dummies books and the first book published on PowerBuilder. He tells me in training classes he teaches it's almost all foreign students imported to do IT because they work for a fraction of what an unemployed American programmer would expect.

Yeah and they do a fraction of the work that I would expect, as well. Not a big fan of "imported IT".

Oh, I agree.
I worked for a company that had a bunch of "Imported IT". They would network amongst themselves to work on anything because there was only one or two that knew anything about programming...but they were really cheap...Ha

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Just tried to log in and got an error, I did log in yesterday with no problem. Not concerned sure all will be well in no time. Did not bother to try a second time.

I'm glad you are confident...I'm not.
Try to call "customer service"...BEEP...BEEP. Ha Ha Call a local branch...25 rings before an answer and they don't know anything.
Hope you are right.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just logged in to my account, all my funds are there plus an automatic deposit I get the third Wednesday of each month, if you are having problems logging in it is more then likely because so many are trying at the same time..If not for this thread I wouldn't have known it was down.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
it was frustrating yesterday. This morning I was able to log on with no problems. I am in Texas, dunno if that matters or not

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Just logged in to my account, all my funds are there plus an automatic deposit I get the third Wednesday of each month, if you are having problems logging in it is more then likely because so many are trying at the same time..If not for this thread I wouldn't have known it was down.

Just tried again...
No go.
Just a white screen with the heading at the top and nothing else.
The news is abundant on this...do a google news search for "Chase online down"

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by browneyedgirl8
it was frustrating yesterday. This morning I was able to log on with no problems. I am in Texas, dunno if that matters or not

Still no connection here in Indiana. I'm moving my accounts as soon as I can. Don't trust Chase anymore.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Why anyone would still choose a large bank over a neighborhood credit union as the primary financial institution is still beyond me, but to each their own (I do understand not everyone has access to credit unions for various reasons) but if one does, it should be a seriously considered alternative. To those who are having issues: hope it is sorted out, soon.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Why anyone would still choose a large bank over a neighborhood credit union as the primary financial institution is still beyond me, but to each their own (I do understand not everyone has access to credit unions for various reasons) but if one does, it should be a seriously considered alternative. To those who are having issues: hope it is sorted out, soon.

Exactly.

You are sooo correct!

That is where my accounts are going. I've been using Chase in the Indy area because I worked there and my Credit Union is 60 miles away. Now that I'm retired though I don't need Chase anymore. As soon as I can I intend to move everything to my Credit Union where we have local control.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I choose Chase because of the rewards program and that is the only reason, in two years the cash back I have received is not chunk change. I do not pay any kind of fees to Chase either. When I switched to Chase two years ago I couldn't resist the $350.00 they gave me as an incentive. My old bank still doesn't offer any of those incentives.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

If you are happy than that is what counts. I did not intend for my comment to make people feel they must justify their choices, I was simply stating my own preference and tossing out an alternative option to consider, should anyone want to, though I realize most are already aware of the option.
Cheers.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Is it possible that it was just a mistake? I mean my word! So online access is down and now you are ready to move all of your bank accts?! Take a break from the insanity. Not everything is about conspiracy theories.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Because I have the same account number I had when it was a relatively small bank that got bigger and bigger and is now Chase.

BTW, I just tried to login now and the home page takes forever to load.
Either it's really busy or there are still bugs.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
Is it possible that it was just a mistake? I mean my word! So online access is down and now you are ready to move all of your bank accts?! Take a break from the insanity. Not everything is about conspiracy theories.

Right.

So you keep your funds there and good luck!

I choose to have a local credit union that has a president just inside the front door. How accessable is Chase's president to you?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Still down for me. I am definitely calling them tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Right.

I choose to have a local credit union that has a president just inside the front door. How accessable is Chase's president to you?

Yea I don't bank with Chase so I guess* I guess that was pretty ignorant of me to say the above. It just amazes me sometimes how customers can react to things like this. Their website is down, due to no fault of their own, and they are working as hard as they can to fix it.
You say they are trying to keep you from your money? What about the atm machines? I don't know this is the kind of thing that lays the foundation for frivilous and unreasonable lawsuits.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Still down for me. I am definitely calling them tomorrow.

I already did call them.
They seemed surprised I was having troubles, till pointed out the TV & print news reports, etc.
He offered no info other than it was just a "technical issue", I advised the paid disinfo-agent at Chase I would seek service elsewhare after this all ends.
Anyhow, hope you get someone with some real info...Let us know.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Right.

Yea I don't bank with Chase so I guess* I guess that was pretty ignorant of me to say the above. It just amazes me sometimes how customers can react to things like this. Their website is down, due to no fault of their own, and they are working as hard as they can to fix it.
You say they are trying to keep you from your money? What about the atm machines? I don't know this is the kind of thing that lays the foundation for frivilous and unreasonable lawsuits.

I'm not unreasonable.
Sure, anyone's website can go down.
What we are discussing here is one of the largest US and international banks with online banking down for three days!
One IT contractor, who had worked for Chase, confirmed that their IT people are less that stellar. I would gather they seem to be due some grief, IMO.

edit on 16-9-2010 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Back up with apologies all ove rthe website, almost overkill.

Why overkill? They had to make sut=re I got the apology by sending me spam about it.

Date: 09-16-2010 11:13:00
Subject: We apologize for the recent difficulties with Our Website
We are sorry for the difficulties that recently affected our website, and we apologize for not communicating better with you during this issue. Giving you 24-hour access to your banking is of the utmost importance to us. This was not the level of service we know you expect, and we will work hard to serve you better in the future and to communicate with you better if a situation like this should arise again.

Online Bill Payments scheduled for September 13, 14 or 15 were processed by Wednesday night, September 15. It is not necessary to reschedule these payments. If you scheduled a payment during those dates, but do not see it reflected in your payment activity by September 16, please contact us (Contact Us).

We will refund any late fees that you may have incurred as a result of our delay in processing your payment.

Thank you for your patience and for the opportunity to work harder to serve you in the future!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I finally go online this morning.
Online banking transactions from Monday and Tuesday didn't get done until yesterday and still have not gotten to the vendors.

They deny hacking, and those who said they likely have poor IT people, well that I can believe.

First time I've had trouble with bill pay or online banking on this account in over 20 years.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join