It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online banking is restored at Chase after outage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Online banking is restored at Chase after outage

www.google.com

Chase says it's online service has been restored...It Has NOT!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.herald-dispatch.com
www.computerworld.com

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What is happening here? No explanation as to why it's service was down all day yesterday, 9-14-2010. Now (10:00 am EDT, Wed. 9/15/2010) I've gone online to log in and nothing happens.

Are we seeing the beginning of the end of free access to our money? Don't ask Chase. Soon as I get a chance (if I do) I'm moving my money and closing my accounts with this outfit.

Has anyone else tried to get online with Chase Online?

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I tried to log on yesterday. The reason given for it being down then was scheduled maintenance. Today I have no idea. Tried logging on multiple times and it's just saying that it's taking too long.
Weird, and slightly annoying.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoundClarity
I tried to log on yesterday. The reason given for it being down then was scheduled maintenance. Today I have no idea. Tried logging on multiple times and it's just saying that it's taking too long.
Weird, and slightly annoying.

Right. This is the third day for this! No explanation is forthcomming from Chase except "technical problems". Call their "customer service" line and you'll find a never-ending wait. I have an account with a local credit union that always is there and accessable. I know where my money is headed after this fiasco.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I am really fed up with it too, and am considering changing banks. I will give them one more day. Maybe I will call my local branch and see what's up. I tried to logon but it went to an oddly blank page, only the logo and a couple tiny links at top. Strange and not cool, Chase.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This maybe totally unrelated, but "QuickBooks" online time tracking website (GetMyTime.com) went down COMPLETELY yesterday for 6 hours, and they admit they have NO IDEA why it happened.

Long story short, they lost my entire day of the hours I worked yesterday.

They sent out an email to all their users, and here is a snippet of the juicy parts:

Dear Valued GetMyTime Customer, Yesterday at approximately 5:00 pm EDT the GetMyTime database became corrupted for reasons we still don't entirely understand. We spent the next 6 hours attempting to repair and restore the database. During this time many of you noticed that the GetMyTime service was unavailable. This was a necessary step while we tried to repair the database. While we weren't able to repair and restore the database to its exact state as of 5:00 pm EDT, we were able to restore from a backup at 3:00am EDT on September 14.

Again, this may not be related to the Chase going offline too, but maybe it is. Maybe there is some sort of massive cyber attack going on against the financial industry?

edit on 15-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I am really fed up with it too, and am considering changing banks. I will give them one more day. Maybe I will call my local branch and see what's up. I tried to logon but it went to an oddly blank page, only the logo and a couple tiny links at top. Strange and not cool, Chase.

Yep. me too...

Not exactly reassuring to the customer, after three days of blank screens, to just say, "technical issues".

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
This maybe totally unrelated, but "QuickBooks" online time tracking website (GetMyTime.com) went down COMPLETELY yesterday for 6 hours, and they admit they have NO IDEA why it happened.

Long story short, they lost my entire day of the hours I worked yesterday.

They sent out an email to all their users, and here is a snippet of the juicy parts:

Dear Valued GetMyTime Customer, Yesterday at approximately 5:00 pm EDT the GetMyTime database became corrupted for reasons we still don't entirely understand. We spent the next 6 hours attempting to repair and restore the database. During this time many of you noticed that the GetMyTime service was unavailable. This was a necessary step while we tried to repair the database. While we weren't able to repair and restore the database to its exact state as of 5:00 pm EDT, we were able to restore from a backup at 3:00am EDT on September 14.

Again, this may not be related to the Chase going offline too, but maybe it is. Maybe there is some sort of massive cyber attack going on against the financial industry?

edit on 15-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

Thanks for sharing this.

This could be the "cyber terrorism" ploy the BigGov types will use as an excuse to shut down the internet.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am having issues as well. I contacted one of my clients to see if they have heard anything, since they work rather closely with Chase on a daily basis. I will update when I hear something.

Ok Update: He has heard nothing. He does not work with the online team, though, he works with the settlement teams, so it must not be affecting settlement yet. Hope it doesn't

edit on 9-15-2010 by rogerstigers because: update

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I hear a mattress works better than most banks.. I hear it lets you get your money with no hassles at all..

And if your wondering no I dont use a credit or debit card... Come to think of it I dont even use a mattress.. I use my pocket and a jar..

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I am having issues as well. I contacted one of my clients to see if they have heard anything, since they work rather closely with Chase on a daily basis. I will update when I hear something.

Ok Update: He has heard nothing. He does not work with the online team, though, he works with the settlement teams, so it must not be affecting settlement yet. Hope it doesn't

edit on 9-15-2010 by rogerstigers because: update

Thanks for the info.

Three days for a major Bankster such as Chase makes me wonder. They have the best computer geeks to fix such problems, I'm sure. They stand to loose a lot of accounts if it isn't resolved soon, I would imagine.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I wish that were the case.. their in-house developers are not all that good. I have had to teach them a thing or two at times.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I hear a mattress works better than most banks.. I hear it lets you get your money with no hassles at all..

And if your wondering no I dont use a credit or debit card... Come to think of it I dont even use a mattress.. I use my pocket and a jar..

Never slept on a "pocket and a jar" muself.
:...lol: But to each his own.

Seriously though, I would keep some cash handy in a well hid location, as well as some silver for barter.

edit on 15-9-2010 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I wish that were the case.. their in-house developers are not all that good. I have had to teach them a thing or two at times.

Wow, maybe they figure in-house computer experts cost too much.
Bet they rethink that policy after this.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Such is the way of corporate IT. They get the mediocre developers (generally) who cannot get hired by consultant firms. I have worked as corporate IT and now as a consultant.. night and day differance. We are on the bleeding edge of technology and corporate IT is usually a few months or years back

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Chase is down alot not just today. I have noticed this same problem several times in the past few weeks. During normal business days & hours not limited to just the weekend or late at night.
Update: seems to be working fine for me right now, just lagging.

edit on 15-9-2010 by jaynkeel because: update post

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Such is the way of corporate IT. They get the mediocre developers (generally) who cannot get hired by consultant firms. I have worked as corporate IT and now as a consultant.. night and day differance. We are on the bleeding edge of technology and corporate IT is usually a few months or years back

I do know of what you speek. My son is Bill Hatfield who has written several Devloper books, including three Dummies books and the first book published on PowerBuilder. He tells me in training classes he teaches it's almost all foreign students imported to do IT because they work for a fraction of what an unemployed American programmer would expect.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Chase is down alot not just today. I have noticed this same problem several times in the past few weeks. During normal business days & hours not limited to just the weekend or late at night.

Yes, I understand that is so.
This time though, I think something is really wrong.
This has been going on for three days.
This could cost them a bunch of accounts.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Probably right someone will most likely siphon off all our $$ out of our accounts knowing my luck, but hey if I check it and I have a couple million in there off to the bank I go!! I have no choice using that bank as in NYS our unenjoyment is issued through that bank, which is really annoying as there are no chase banks in my part of NY.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
I do know of what you speek. My son is Bill Hatfield who has written several Devloper books, including three Dummies books and the first book published on PowerBuilder. He tells me in training classes he teaches it's almost all foreign students imported to do IT because they work for a fraction of what an unemployed American programmer would expect.

Yeah and they do a fraction of the work that I would expect, as well. Not a big fan of "imported IT".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join