It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli aircraft strike Gaza as leaders convene

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Israeli aircraft strike Gaza as leaders convene

www.google.com

JERUSALEM — Militants launched mortar shells into Israel and Israeli jets bombed targets in Gaza on Wednesday, just as Israeli and Palestinian leaders held peace talks in Jerusalem with U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Gaza militants opposed to peace with Israel have threatened to derail the fledgling negotiations, and the Israeli military said eight mortars and one rocket hit Israel by mid-afternoon on the day of the talks — the highest daily total since March 2009. There were no injuries.

Israeli warplanes responded by bombing a smuggling tunnel along the Gaza-Egypt
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hamas have supposedly derailed the talks and have put their armed forces on stand-by for further attacks on Gaza. Will both sides ever see peace, i highly doubt it will happen any time soon. Palestinians have also failed to recognize Israel as a Jewish state.

Look what the Israel national news had to say:

"Israeli Air Force bombed targets in Gaza Wednesday, killing at least one terrorist after a massive missile and mortar barrage on southern Israel Wednesday morning. "

www.israelnationalnews.com...

I guess being Muslim automatically gives people the right to call you a terrorist

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-9-2010 by Serizawa because:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Who benefits?

What's the bet those rockets/mortars, which apparently did no harm, were fired off into poorer, less populated sections of Israel by Israeli agents, to give themselves an excuse to disrupt the accord.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Mole,

Wow..... The one statement that you decide to end with
"I guess being an arab makes you a terrorist" What an ignorant comment!!!!!

How about the fact that they shot rockets UNGUIDED into civilian populations?

They called them terrorists for that reason.. As they should have.. Let me guess, you call them freedom fighters?

I cant wait for that region to just implode/explode... Israeli's are racist scum bags! Palestinians are a bunch of ignorant fools..

Just like you say about the US.. You get the Govt. you deserve! PERIOD!!! You elected Hamas.. now live with it dirt squirls...

They dont rebuild.. they fortify every time they get aide and money.. Its pathetic.

I can't wait to read in the news.."America pulls all of its troops out of every country and drops support for Israel"

"America decides to stop supporting the world with Aide"
"America puts 100K volt fence around entire country with mine fields on both sides"
"America has a base on the moon, was able to do this with the money saved, from stopping supporting the world"

Thank you,
Clown

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1994

Why is it that the other news sources refer to them as 'Militants'? Don't you agree that this is a more suitable term for someone who causes no injuries? The United states is Israels principle arms supplier, In 1997 Israel linked up to the U.S. missile-warning satellite system. The U.S. government continues to fund the research and development of the Israeli weapons systems and military equipment, Israel has since received over 70 billion dollars in Aid...not based on need.

I can't wait to read in the news.."America pulls all of its troops out of every country and drops support for Israel" "America decides to stop supporting the world with Aide" "America puts 100K volt fence around entire country with mine fields on both sides" "America has a base on the moon, was able to do this with the money saved, from stopping supporting the world"

America will never do this, the wars they fight are based on their own interest and financial gain. By saying you hope America puts an electric fence round its borders it seems to me you wouldn't mind living in Nazi Germany or North Korea. The money America saved? Don't make me laugh, read a book once in a while. And yes both the Israeli's and Palestinians now seem to be acting immaturely...i guess you've got something in common with them after all.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I would never make that bet... anyone that would take that bet would be a water brain... I would go further and say, anyone that would make that stretch without any proof.. Is basicly a racist that needs ZERO proof to accuse a country of attacking its self... I would also venture to say that anyone that would state this... Is the entire problem with our world....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I highly doubt this, I think if this did happen they would have used the opportunity to take out more than just one 'terrorist'. But then again, it's good to question everything.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Who benefits?

What's the bet those rockets/mortars, which apparently did no harm, were fired off into poorer, less populated sections of Israel by Israeli agents, to give themselves an excuse to disrupt the accord.

It's possible, and I've seen such allegations with circumstantial evidence provided in the past. However I think in this case, it probably was Hamas.

They are democratically elected, and the true rightful leaders of Palestine currently. However they are also highly militant. They take responsibility for many of the rocket and mortar attacks.

These peace talks are between Fatah and Israel - intentionally sidelining Hamas, who should be the ones at the negotiating table. After all, Hamas has made it very clear that they are willing to engage in talks - only as long as there be pre-established guidelines. They are fully aware that Israel will (and has in the past) deliberately create loopholes in "peace" talks so they can later rescind on their commitments. And lo and behold, this newest round of "peace" talks has ... drum roll... no pre-established guidelines! In layman terms, that means the big dog makes all the rules.

Hamas is NOT destroying the peace talks with these attacks. Everyone knows these negotiations are the most fraudulent attempts at peace ever attempted, and had no chance whatsoever of succeeding. Hamas is probably firing these rockets as a proud display that they are still the legal ruling body of Palestine.

These talks can only make things worse. The people of Palestine have no trust in Fatah or the PA, yet those are the only political bodies being engaged by Israel and the UN. It's clear that Mahmoud Abbas, the faux "president" of Palestine and head of Fatah, has completely sold out to Israel.

Don't trust Mahmoud Abbas - he was caught on tape during a secret meeting with Ehud Barak and Tzipi Livni, during Operation Cast Lead, trying to convince them to escalate the violence and bloodshed, just so he could look good crying foul. Almost every mainstream media buried the story for some odd reason =)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

lmao... So you have resorted to insults? Typical!

First off.. I dont want to keep our people in... I want to keep illegal invaders OUT!!!

I should read more? Maybe the problem is, I read to much.. I am informed by facts and not blogs and maniacs thoughts and ideas.

You come accross as very unintelligent...your talking points seem to come from some anti-american top 10 list..
Do you have any of your own opinions?

Since we are giving each other advise..
I would recommend that you read a collection of writings on the subjects that interest you... Then form your own opinions.. Seems you read other peoples opinions and then form your opinions.. You are short changing yourself.. All it takes is one well written article to persuade you to believe something, you otherwise wouldnt have agreed with.

What was funny about "the money that america saved".. Please do not disreguard this question.. I am very curious about what was funny about this.

I have a dream... We keep to ourselves... we feed our own people.. we only defend ourselves..
With in 10 years survival of the fitest would start to drop people like flies...

The middle east is a cess pool of religious fanatics that should be allowed to fight it out between themselves...

The weaponry has improved so much... They will exterminate themselves in short fashion! AMEN!!!

edit on 15-9-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

I should read more? Maybe the problem is, I read to much.. I am informed by facts and not blogs and maniacs thoughts and ideas.

I guess you shouldn't be on ATS then? You are better off watching CNN and reading the newspaper.

You are short changing yourself.. All it takes is one well written article to persuade you to believe something, you otherwise wouldnt have agreed with.

Kind of Ironic, i find it hard to believe it is the same poster as the above quote about facts and not blogs. Like i said stick to the TIMES and CNN if you wish. You seem to be the one persuaded by mainstream articles and news reports without double checking. This is simply what i refer to as IGNORANCE.

You come accross as very unintelligent...your talking points seem to come from some anti-american top 10 list..

I am not anti American, I just do not believe in your government. I will not support any country terrorizing the globe and judging other nations without having a look into the mirror.

What was funny about "the money that america saved".. Please do not disreguard this question.. I am very curious about what was funny about this.

America's hidden debt bombs

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Serizawa it sure sounds like you and Mobius are in agreement about the current US government policies... so why are you two fighting? Both of you agree that America is involved with things it has no business being involved in.

I have to say, I'm starting to agree with you more and more Mobius... we have our own issues to deal with at home. I have no problem trying to help others, but we need to help ourselves first imho.

Lets take care of our yard before we start complaining to the guy down the street that his grass is too tall.

~winter~
ps. and if the ME can't live in peace, then at this point I am afraid to say, it may be best if they just kill each other off till only one is left. All they have ever been able to do is fight, hate, kill. If that's what they want let it be, just leave us out of it!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

I would never make that bet... anyone that would take that bet would be a water brain... I would go further and say, anyone that would make that stretch without any proof.. Is basicly a racist that needs ZERO proof to accuse a country of attacking its self... I would also venture to say that anyone that would state this... Is the entire problem with our world....

Thanks, coming from you such insults are a compliment.
- However it really is bad form to use an old, insulting term for those suffering the tragic ailment of hydrocephaly as a term of abuse.
The perpetual playing of the race card when anyone criticises the racist Israeli government, is amusing.

Ever read "The Northwoods Report?"
Am I being racist when I acknowledge Hitler or his party burnt the Reichstag as a false flag?
False flags are old hat. You'd be pretty silly to think it's out of the question for a government to attack its own property or its own citizens.

Ever heard about the Israeli goverment murdering thousands of children, Sephardic Jews, with radiation? There's a documetary about it, The Ringworm Children.
Sure, Israel would never hurt its own citizens.
And illegal medical experiments carried out on the elderly, some of whom were prison camp survivers, in Israeli hospitals, by Israeli doctors ... I guess some Israelis decided the Germans had not been thorough enough.
Yep, Israeis, all really care about their fellow Israelis ...

One day Israelis will wake up to the fact that it's their own government that's antisemitic, putting them in danger, working up hatreds, and not giving a damn about the fate of the citizenry.

Ever read about Israel's attack on the King David Hotel?
Ever read about the Israeli attack on USS Liberty?
Do you remember "the Dancing Israelis" saying on Israeli TV they were in New York to "document the event"? (The attacks on the Twin Towers)

It's not racism that leads me to distrust Israel.
It's logic.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Who said I trust Israel? I am just not dumb enough to spout off theories as facts.. Show me one source that says Israel launches rockets at its own people. Show me one ounce of proof that they did it this time.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Thank you for proving a very valuable point for me... In this world there are "sponge heads" - People that intake information indiscriminatly and dont bother to do any "weeding" out of the bad info.

The ring worm children...

en.wikipedia.org...

Many of the accusations surrounding ringworm treatment in Israel were the product of an incomplete narrative that skewed reality: Both the Mizrachi community and the medical community were unawareness of two key factors: a. The broader international context of the Israeli eradication program : at the time, this form of treatment was an accepted treatment method, considered safe (as was x-raying children's in shoe stores at the time) and was employed elsewhere in the world – from Syria and Yugoslavia, to New York/California, Portugal and Sweden.[13].[14].[15].

In fact, irradiation was the recommended protocol at the time and was partially underwritten by UNICEF.
[16].[17] b. The broader Jewish context: this form of mass treatment with irradiation had previously been used elsewhere in the Jewish world, in mass treatment of Ashkenazi children in Eastern Europe on a much larger scale, and among Jewish (and gentile) immigrants to the United States

Before you say one word about Wiki.... Know, that I took the lamans from Wiki and verified it in seperate places... Wiki.. is simply easier to read and easier to understand.

I would pick apart the rest of your "claims" .. But I simply dont care and expect the same result....

You make it sound like such a clear,straight forward issue... Yet it is anything BUT that!!!

If everyone used some sort of standard when investigating information they intake... Problems in the world, would be much more transparent.

Now dont take this as me being pro Israel.. Simply put .. I am "Pro Truth" ... I hope Israel is attacked on all 4 sides at once.. Maybe in the rubble, the middle east will see peace.. but I doubt it.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Winterpain

America has everything to do with the wars in the middle east, but they should really steer clear of the Israeli/Palestine conflict. The problem is that Israel will always call on it's big brother the U.S for help. They both work hand in hand....they work for each others interests, But i really can't see the U.S gaining anything out of this conflict. America must realize that they cannot be loved by everyone, they cannot create peace everywhere.

For the record Mobius and I have been at it for a while, could this be the three day war? nah I'll pass on that.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Serizawa because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You need to learn to relax, and stop being so authoritative on every forum you post on.

The weaponry has improved so much... They will exterminate themselves in short fashion! AMEN!!!
The middle east is a cess pool of religious fanatics that should be allowed to fight it out between themselves...
I cant wait for that region to just implode/explode...
Now dont take this as me being pro Israel.. Simply put .. I am "Pro Truth" ... I hope Israel is attacked on all 4 sides at once.. Maybe in the rubble, the middle east will see peace.. but I doubt it.

This is you're problem, you seem to be enjoying the show? Violence will get neither side anywhere and with comments like i hope Israel burns etc, you are not making things any better. Stop insulting people on threads please!!!! We are no better than the Palestinians and Israelis. I'll give you a little tip...nobody lies and gets away with it like the government does. Do not trust Hamas or the Palestinians, do not trust the Israeli government and do not trust the American government. The reason why so many people are always against Israel is because they are known trouble makers. No war crime charges, no questions asked...

edit on 15-9-2010 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

You rely on Wikipedia as a source for a matter which has a powerful propaganda force hiding it? LOL

The Ringworm Children

In 1951, the director general of the Israeli Health Ministry, Dr. Chaim Sheba flew to America and returned with 7 x-ray machines, supplied to him by the American army.

They were to be used in a mass atomic experiment with an entire generation of Sephardi youths to be used as guinea pigs. Every Sephardi child was to be given 35,000 times the maximum dose of x-rays through his head. For doing so, the American government paid the Israeli government 300 million Israeli liras a year. The entire Health budget was 60 million liras. The money paid by the Americans is equivalent to billions of dollars today. To fool the parents of the victims, the children were taken away on "school trips" and their parents were later told the x-rays were a treatment for the scourge of scalpal ringworm. 6,000 of the children died shortly after their doses were given, while many of the rest developed cancers that killed them over time and are still killing them now. While living, the victims suffered from disorders such as epilepsy, amnesia, Alzheimer's disease, chronic headaches and psychosis.

Yes, that is the subject of the documentary in cold terms. It is another matter to see the victims on the screen. ie. To watch the Moroccan lady describe what getting 35,000 times the dose of allowable x-rays in her head feels like.

"I screamed make the headache go away. Make the headache go away. Make the headache go away. But it never went away."

None of these children were tested to see if they had ringworm, they were simply dragged out of their schools for being Sephardic, tortured with xrays which killed many, and the remainder damaged for life.

What sort of scum could support or help cover up such an act?

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Please provide a valid source... Are you able to conprehend the words you read? I find it quicker to find the meat of the issue on Wiki.. At least on Wiki, you get an idea of the controversy... Then you take that info and verify it with seperate sources...I explained that... But your brain is filled with conspiracy theories, making it hard to digest any new info.

The link you provided was broken.... But the web site name flashed up and the first word in the name was conspiracy... Really ?? Even after my disclaimer about Wiki.. you attack it as a source..Then , you decide to post an article from a web site thats name starts with conspiracy.... But, your link doesn't work..

Your link is BROKEN... kinda like your argument.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Who said I trust Israel? I am just not dumb enough to spout off theories as facts.. Show me one source that says Israel launches rockets at its own people. Show me one ounce of proof that they did it this time.

No one really know for sure
but just remember 9/11 and the USS Liberty happened...

its in their nature to do whatever the hell they want to acheive their goals
i beleive some rogue agents are paid to do just that .
so they have a excuses to go again into Gaza to do another collective punishment
dont underestimate the will they have when they have something in the mind
they can do crazy things to start a war... its all about conquest of new land
since they never freeze any illegal settlement

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed250545f439.jpg[/atsimg]

Now i would be curious what 2010 looks like on another mini map
no more green

edit on 9/16/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

First off.. I dont want to keep our people in... I want to keep illegal invaders OUT!!!

Yup, you can keep every single one of your countrymen with you. We don't want you, your dollars, or your freedom.

Of course, any "illegal invaders" would be fair game for your sport. You yanks so love to kill things dontcha?

All the yanks IN the USA? Now, i have a dream!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join