It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 3.1 and the new main site content archive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Many of our new and not-so-new members will be surprised to know there's a great big website attached to this discussion board community. Just as "back in the day" many people who frequented AboveTopSecret.com were not aware of the discussion board, many current members haven't spent much time with the archive of aerospace and conspiracy content lurking mere mouse-clicks away. Well, all that is about to change with the new version of ATS 3.1. All content that once resided on static-old HTML pages in the main portion of the website is now fully integrated and dynamic database-driven content. And even better, the content is integrated with our discussion board. For example, this page here: www.abovetopsecret.com... is our all-time traffic draw for in-bound visitors running Google searches. Area 51 is a popular Google search, and for most people, that page comes up first. Under our new fully-integrated system, the main site material is actually pulled from this thread, www.abovetopsecret.com... and placed on the content page. This allows members of the community to comment on the content in our main website archive, and help some of the older topics evolve with new material. Also, you'll notice an integrated boolean search for each main site page. This will help new visitors quickly discover related material in our discussion board, and, most important, provide another means for Google to fully explore the wonders of ATS. So there you have it, one step closer to ATS 4.0. More is coming... and ATS 3.2 involves a big surprise.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I assume the big surprise is an online real-time chat room? :-D

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Lovin it....just lovin it...Great Job William

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
excellent stuff SkepticOverlord

Im lovin' it very much

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is great news.

I can't wait for the "Big" Surprise.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence I assume the big surprise is an online real-time chat room? :-D
um.... we've had that for a long time... the "chat" button in the menu bar.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

More is coming... and ATS 3.2 involves a big surprise.

I love surprises ! I hope we haven't got to wait too long

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha I love surprises !
If you have a picture-phone, you'll love it even more.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This place is just blowing up. How long till the ATS is the number one site everywhere?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Woohaa for new changes
Sounds all round like a good idea, and i have a picture phone woot

ATS is unstopable in its progress it would seem.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Nice job William on the site. I think I know what the surprise is, something to do with the chat right?

Whatever happend tp the idea of the chess board?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
ooooooooooohhhhh! I'm planning on getting a picture phone in a couple of months.
This sounds interesting.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ahh poop i aint got a camera phone but billy last night when i checked the new site there was some old files missing like the dulce files
*EDIT* they still are missing*EDIT*

[edit on 6/23/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by pantha
I love surprises !

If you have a picture-phone, you'll love it even more.

Are we getting MoBlogs???

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
New surprise is ............For your security and to keep the wrong eyes from viewing, you must have a chip implanted in your hand or forehead to access RATS!!!!!!

[edit on 23-6-2004 by ab2tw]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Great news Skeptic!!! Thanks for the update.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think I've already asked for this in the past but... could users have the option to see the chat in 2 different views, one would be like it is right now, the second would be with new (chat) posts coming at the bottom of the screen, instead than at the top. I might be mistaken, but I think that's how much chat displays new posts, and I've always found it a little confusing using the ATS chat room.

I don't know if that would require a lot of work/modification, but if that would be possible, it'd be great.

Other than that, kudos for the changes, the website is really coming along great, on our way to #1!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How about a better 'search'.

The current one is aweful.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4 How about a better 'search'. The current one is aweful.
Hmm... I've had people tell me it's the best search they've ever seen on any discussion board. What problems are you having?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I dont see a difference in the board
. Well anyway ATS 3.1 is great. Now i want to see the surprise!! Skeptic when do you think ATS 3.2will be out?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join