It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox's Chopper 5 wide angle shot. Where's the plane?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pipebomb24875

A plane traveling at X mph would be approximately Y distance away from the impact point that would be further out than the camera's field of vision.

And of course this was already posted by others here.....gosh I love ATS. (That's not sarcasm you guys and gals do make me happy)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by js331975

A plane traveling at X mph would be approximately Y distance away from the impact point that would be further out than the camera's field of vision.
This is a worthwhile subject, and I have spent my share of time on it. I remember when it was first brought up and I thought it was bunk. What I thought was bunk was this video where the guy puts these red arrows in the sky, end to end and says the plane should have been "here". What I did was watch the buildings and how they moved in relation to each other, and could see that the whole time they were moving in an arc so that the camera had to keep turning in relation to the body of the helicopter in order to keep the WTC in frame, so that changed where the far edge of what would have been visible. That was what I thought and did not go further into it at the time, other than to make comments on people's videos to tell them to look at that.
A couple years later, probably, I got around to making a precise calculation of it myself, and found out the guy was right, that the plane should have been there.
Below is the link to something I made a while back concerning this question of if the plane should have been in the video previous to the two seconds before impact.
media.abovetopsecret.com...
Showing where the plane would have been at the time when a particular frame of the video was recorded.

edit on 17-9-2010 by jmdewey60 because: change link

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monsieur Neary

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
if the aircraft was calculated at moving at a speed in excess of 500 miles per hour, and there is 9 seconds from the wide shot to the impact, i think.

math is not my subject.

so if a plane is travelling at 500 miles per hour, how much distance does it travel in 9 seconds?

how far out does that wide shot cover.

answer these questions, and maybe ....

If those numbers are correct, and if my math is correct, it would be 1.25 miles. If in "excess" of 500 mph, than the distance is further, making it more likely it is out of the frame. Hard to tell what the distance is in the zoomed-out part of the shot at the beginning. Also, the plane could be in the shot but just hard to see due to the video resolution.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Monsieur Neary because: changed "there" to "in the shot"

edit on 15-9-2010 by Monsieur Neary because: clarified distance

Not really, I have seen video forensics able to calculate things to amazing accuracy with just a few numbers. Take the WTC's for example. We can use the real world measurements to make an accurate judgment of how wide the opening scene is and then give an estimate of the distance the plane flew in how many seconds. Sadly though, I'm not a forensic videologist (actual profession?) Anyone here know how to do this?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
3600 divided by 500 equals 7.2
3600 secods in an hour
500 miles per hour
7.2 seconds to travel one mile.

9 seconds divided by seconds per mile 7.2 equals
1.25 miles.

perhaps the distance across the river?
Verrazano-Narrows Bridge
its 4,260 center span made it the longest suspension bridge
0.8 tenths of a mile so about 1.25 times the distance of the bridge.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join